Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far we've come...
Thought it would be fun to see what people were saying about this team a year ago....
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-2021-nfl-season
Reply/Quote
Really think this team might of made the biggest turnaround of any NFL team of all time. To go from 6 total wins
in Zac's first 2 seasons to 10 and a Superbowl appearance and nearly winning it was historical. Also, the Defensive
turnaround has been phenomenal under Lou. As one espn gal was saying to Dan Hoard every level of the Defense
is tough. Once our OL really starts to gel I expect our Offense to also be one of the toughest in the NFL.

Takes time to rebuild a team, but Zac and these coaches do know what they are doing and the FO has finally gotten
to be respectable. Long time coming, but I think it is our time. We can beat anyone when we are on our game.

Just need to survive without DJ Reader for a bit. I am still concerned here and we play a very good running team in
about 10 days in our Division.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really think this team might of made the biggest turnaround of any NFL team of all time. To go from 6 total wins
in Zac's first 2 seasons to 10 and a Superbowl appearance and nearly winning it was historical. Also, the Defensive
turnaround has been phenomenal under Lou. As one espn gal was saying to Dan Hoard every level of the Defense
is tough. Once our OL really starts to gel I expect our Offense to also be one of the toughest in the NFL.

Takes time to rebuild a team, but Zac and these coaches do know what they are doing and the FO has finally gotten
to be respectable. Long time coming, but I think it is our time. We can beat anyone when we are on our game.

Just need to survive without DJ Reader for a bit. I am still concerned here and we play a very good running team in

Bengals are 17 and 11 since Vonn Bell laid the smack down on JSS..... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals are 17 and 11 since Vonn Bell laid the smack down on JSS..... Who Dey

Reversed a lot of crap since then.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reversed a lot of crap since then.

That was the long overdue exorcism that was needed. We got rid of all that bad "Ju Ju"  in one clean hit. 
Thanks Vonn , you will go down in Bengals History as "the exorcist"
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals are 17 and 11 since Vonn Bell laid the smack down on JSS..... Who Dey

And what a smack down it was... Shocked

Might be my favorite hit of all time.

(09-30-2022, 05:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reversed a lot of crap since then.

For sure, it was a major statement. We aren't your doormat no more.

(09-30-2022, 05:59 PM)kalibengal Wrote: That was the long overdue exorcism that was needed. We got rid of all that bad "Ju Ju"  in one clean hit. 
Thanks Vonn , you will go down in Bengals History as "the exorcist"

Nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really think this team might of made the biggest turnaround of any NFL team of all time. To go from 6 total wins

What concerns me is that there’s really no excuse for 2-2 since everything ONLY got upgraded from last year. Maybe those games were flukes, Joe looked like garbage in one of them, the OL is still figuring their shit out, whatever… but, this should be another 10+ win season and I don’t even know if it’s going to be a winning season at all at this point 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 03:19 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: What concerns me is that there’s really no excuse for 2-2 since everything ONLY got upgraded from last year. Maybe those games were flukes, Joe looked like garbage in one of them, the OL is still figuring their shit out, whatever… but, this should be another 10+ win season and I don’t even know if it’s going to be a winning season at all at this point 

Well, we all knew it was going to take time for the OL to gel. I will be honest and say that I didn't expect it to be THAT 
bad early on in the first 2 games but I still think we at the very least have a winning season and go 9-8 at the very least.

Still expecting around 11 wins with this team, the Offense will only get better as the season goes on if everyone stays 
relatively healthy and Zac, Brian and Joe don't hurt us with play calling and poor audibling. The Defense is badazz and we
are still pretty damn good on Special Teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 03:19 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: What concerns me is that there’s really no excuse for 2-2 since everything ONLY got upgraded from last year. Maybe those games were flukes, Joe looked like garbage in one of them, the OL is still figuring their shit out, whatever… but, this should be another 10+ win season and I don’t even know if it’s going to be a winning season at all at this point 

I believe Joe suffered a lot more than we realize with the appendectomy. He lost a lot of core muscle strength. He is probably just now starting to feel like himself. It’s not out of the realm of possibility he lost 15-20 lbs. not good for anyone in the nfl, especially one who needs core strength to spin a football. Just my opinion.

The fact Joe Burrow and the OL played like crap the first two weeks and they still had chances of winning speaks volumes to what this team is. Case in point, look how bad the chargers were with Herbert this last week with a core injury. It’s more than we could imagine.
Reply/Quote
Burrow still looks like a stick out there, he didn't say how much weight he lost when asked - he said he'd keep it between him and his trainers.
Reply/Quote
I could not believe that we were favored against Miami. Now we are 1 point underdogs to the Ravens, at least until the Bal-Buf game. We are not disrespected; we just aren't.
Reply/Quote

Just stop with the negativity.....
Reply/Quote

Von Bell personally knocked the Bengal curse clear back to hell with that hit.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 04:59 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I believe Joe suffered a lot more than we realize with the appendectomy. He lost a lot of core muscle strength.  He is probably just now starting to feel like himself.  It’s not out of the realm of possibility he lost 15-20 lbs.  not good for anyone in the nfl, especially one who needs core strength to spin a football.  Just my opinion.  

The fact Joe Burrow and the OL played like crap the first two weeks and they still had chances of winning speaks volumes to what this team is.  Case in point, look how bad the chargers were with Herbert this last week with a core injury.  It’s more than we could imagine.

Agree 100%. He still under threw several deep passes against the Dolphins. The Chase and Tee bombs were slightly under thrown  and his throws in general don’t seem to have much zip. That very well could be a strength and core issue. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow still looks like a stick out there, he didn't say how much weight he lost when asked - he said he'd keep it between him and his trainers.

This was in the preseason. Gotta assume 15-20lbs.

"We got three weeks left to get my strength, my speed and my athleticism back to where it was before," Burrow said. "Gotta go back to the high school days when you're trying to gain 20 pounds in a couple of weeks span. So we're forcing it down as much as we can."
Reply/Quote
We are a, in game, long snapper injury away from 3-1.
It is hard to imagine the playoffs without the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 11:43 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: This was in the preseason. Gotta assume 15-20lbs.

"We got three weeks left to get my strength, my speed and my athleticism back to where it was before," Burrow said. "Gotta go back to the high school days when you're trying to gain 20 pounds in a couple of weeks span. So we're forcing it down as much as we can."

Yes, but I think he's still down quite a bit, just watching a few press conferences from late last year and plays, can't really guess how far down but he still looks gaunt lol.

The few days before the first game he admitted he'd be "ready" but he wasn't where he wanted to be yet (weight-wise).
Reply/Quote
Once we smacked the squeelers back, they've toned down their dirty hits... they realized it does reciprocate. It all began with Burfinct, like or hate the guy, he gets the credit. Bell is great, good clean hitter and lord a' behold, he can catch!!!!!!! Hope he retires a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
As mentioned a -1 point underdog to the Ravens on the road? We’d all been happy with that before the season. We lost one game on an extra point bad snap. I mean did we think before the year we’d be undefeated after the Cowboys?

Burrow had an awful game against the Steelers. The OL is still a WIP. The defense looks solid. Yet a few on the board still rag on the staff. We will learn more after the Ravens. Let’s hold off with the consternation. Hopefully the OL is improved by the Ravens in the run game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 10:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just stop with the negativity.....

You guys are sensitive man. I'm just calling it like I see it. Something is wrong. It MUST be fixed and I think some personnel changes are in order.
Reply/Quote