Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good can they be if they...
How good can they be if they limit the penalties and mistakes?? I know I'm typically a hyper critical fan, but this isn't meant to diminish what they've done or be negative. I just feel like this team could roll on a lot of teams like the Patriots do, if they'd just cut down on the stupid penalties and mistakes.

So how good can they be?? They're great now ... so if they clean those things up, they will likely be facing the Patriots for a chance to play in Super Bowl 50.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:00 PM)Utts Wrote: How good can they be if they limit the penalties and mistakes?? I know I'm typically a hyper critical fan, but this isn't meant to diminish what they've done or be negative. I just feel like this team could roll on a lot of teams like the Patriots do, if they'd just cut down on the stupid penalties and mistakes.

So how good can they be?? They're great now ... so if they clean those things up, they will likely be facing the Patriots for a chance to play in Super Bowl 50.

It's a guarantee that the first handoff of the game to Hill, whatever else happens on that play, it will be a holding penalty.  Every time.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Their LB play is suspect. Will be interesting to see what happens when Burfict comes back.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:05 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Their LB play is suspect. Will be interesting to see what happens when Burfict comes back.

The defense gave up 14 today. Not too shabby even if they Seaturds offense hasn't been exactly prolific. 

If Tez comes back at 90% or better, he improves this defense significantly, and that's bad news for our opponents.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. The sky is the limit for this team, but there are a few areas that absolutely must be improved by the postseason if you want a ring. The penalties is one of them. The other is stopping the run.

Get those things fixed and this team is unstoppable barring big injuries.
Reply/Quote
These refs ****** us again today. Whitworth had a hold there? Are you damn nuts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:00 PM)Utts Wrote: How good can they be if they limit the penalties and mistakes?? I know I'm typically a hyper critical fan, but this isn't meant to diminish what they've done or be negative. I just feel like this team could roll on a lot of teams like the Patriots do, if they'd just cut down on the stupid penalties and mistakes.

To keep winning while still having work to do, that is a coach's dream.  You're so right--just think.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They're just holding on until Burfict comes back -- watch out. That guy has got to be worth 2 wins a season.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: These refs ****** us again today. Whitworth had a hold there? Are you damn nuts?

It was definitely a hold he had his entire left arm wrapped around the defender.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
.,Just horrbleSynric
It was definitely a hold he had his entire left arm wrapped around the defender.

Yea, that one was pretty blatant , just horrible timing.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
He's not a receiver and Whitworth wasn't even using his hands, he just wrapped his arms and then HE fell to the ground.

Sorry, that's not holding, whether it's Whitworth or Joe Thomas or anybody.

Refs gifted a bunch of calls, yet again.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
On a side note, Bengals made Sherman flip sides of the field to cover AJ.... Rarely if ever seen that before.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:46 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: On a side note, Bengals made Sherman flip sides of the field to cover AJ.... Rarely if ever seen that before.

They had no choice.  AJ was gonna put up about 250 on Williams.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote