Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good do you think Burrow will be in the next 3 years?
Going off that we hopefully protect him and he doesn’t have anymore injuries, where do you see the ceiling as for Burrow? Will he be a top 10 quarterback, top 5, top 3?

I’ve been really curious about this as I was really impressed with Burrow’s poise and leadership praise that he’s gotten already. I think we got ourselves a great one, hopefully we can protect him and get a Super Bowl win with him.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Going off that we hopefully protect him and he doesn’t have anymore injuries, where do you see the ceiling as for Burrow? Will he be a top 10 quarterback, top 5, top 3?

I’ve been really curious about this as I was really impressed with Burrow’s poise and leadership praise that he’s gotten already. I think we got ourselves a great one, hopefully we can protect him and get a Super Bowl win with him.

Top 5.

Mahommes, Herbert, Josh Allen, Burrow and Lawrence.

That looks like the new top 5 given that Brady and Rodgers are gone by then.

I’m sure there will be a couple other newer guys in the discussion as well.
Reply/Quote
Ceiling - Top 5
Floor - Top 10
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Going off that we hopefully protect him and he doesn’t have anymore injuries, where do you see the ceiling as for Burrow? Will he be a top 10 quarterback, top 5, top 3?

Dude looked great for a rookie IMO.

Top 5 with an improved O-line and a running game which he didn't have as a rookie. The guy is good man.

Great accuracy, insane poise, great pocket awareness which will grow and works his ass off to be the best.

I just hope his injury doesn't affect his running ability. He is a very underrated running QB which just adds to his other intangibles.
Reply/Quote
So hard to say when you see a guy like Wentz, who looked so damn promising initially and now... well...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Top ten
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 03:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So hard to say when you see a guy like Wentz, who looked so damn promising initially and now...  well...

Wentz fell off a cliff for sure, but I don't see the similarities with Burrow. Burrow is mentally strong from what I have seen.

Think once Wentz got hurt it went to his head. Don't see that happening with Joe.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wentz fell off a cliff for sure, but I don't see the similarities with Burrow. Burrow is mentally strong from what I have seen.

Think once Wentz got hurt it went to his head. Don't see that happening with Joe.

Wentz is still a really good scrambler ,not sure if he was good at it as before. I've heard injuries effecting him which has been his problem since year one. Plus he team was just bad last year. 
Reply/Quote

It ALL depends on last place Bengals of no play-off wins in 30 years since Paul Brown died. 

If they get Burrow in a system like LSU or Saints of many good receivers, a good running game, good blocking, THEN he will do fine. 

However if Bengals make him fit their losing system and playbook, go with just Boyd, Higgins and Mixon which is too easy to defense, do not improve the Blocking,  THEN Burrow will fail. It will be a case of Burrow being n the wrong system on the wrong team, and often Bengals are The Wrong Team. 

So it all depends on The Bengals. Do they get Burrow the needed Blocking and the needed talented receivers to go with Mixon, Boyd and Higgins ?  OR do they stay the losing Bengals of no blocking and so few offense weapons that any NFL team could cover just Mixon, Boyd and Higgins.   I am hoping Bengals are improving the blocking and also draft an elite SEC pass catcher to help open up Mixon, Boyd and Higgins in an offense with many weapons for Burrow to do his thing. There are 3 elite SEC pass catchers to choose from to have now in 2021.

It all depends on The Bengals and do they give Burrow more Blocking and more passing targets.  AJ Green and Ross were no help to Burrow in 2020, nor was the Blocking. Green and Ross gone, some Blockers gone, Bengals MUST improve in Blocking and More Receivers if Burrow is to win here.  Otherwise he was drafted by the wrong Team into the Wrong System. 

Burrow excels in an LSU or Saints offense where when Burrow drops back, he has 3 or 4 or 5 receivers to choose from. His strength is how fast he finds the open receiver, that is what he is great at. Given enough good receivers, Burrow will pick teams apart hitting the open man like basketball. In 2020 the Bengals had neither the Blocking, and not not nearly enough good receiver targets. No surprise both Burrow and Mixon got injured in such a weak offense.

Any NFL team can defense Bengals. You key on Mixon and bottle up Boyd and Higgins, and then Burrow takes a beating each play. Adding elite pass targets to Boyd and Higgins and better Blocking would change all that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Top 5.

Mahommes, Herbert, Josh Allen, Burrow and Lawrence.

That looks like the new top 5 given that Brady and Rodgers are gone by then.

I’m sure there will be a couple other newer guys in the discussion as well.

I think Russel Wilson will still be playing at that time, and you have to include him in the list as well as Watson.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You're only as good as the tools you work with.

4-12

He will have better years I'm sure...
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 05:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think Russel Wilson will still be playing at that time, and you have to include him in the list as well as Watson.

I agree, I would say Murray as well. Lawernce?? Dude hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL yet. A little premature on him
Reply/Quote
I’d say top 5 if we hit big on some key offensive players the next two drafts. The plan was to build around Burrow this offseason and so far all we added was a stop gap RT. The development of Jonah Williams and Tee Higgins going forward will play a huge roll , hopefully we have are future LT and WR 1. Hitting on pick #5 will be huge as well hopefully we get Chase, Pitts or Sewell and they turn out to be good as the scouts say.
Reply/Quote
I seriously worry about the coaching holding him back.

Based on raw talent he looks like a top 10 QB. Good instincts. Deadly accurate at short/middle range. But he needs to learn how to get rid of the ball instead of taking sacks. And show a better deep ball. Throwing the deep pass is more about timing than arm strength.

Joe does not have an elite arm but he has plenty enough arm strength to be an elite QB
Reply/Quote
I see no reason he can't be THE number 1 if everything falls into place..Great Oline, great receivers, great running game? The sky is the limit, but there's always the Brown regime. With any luck space aliens will abduct them and we'll all live happily ever after.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I thought I heard a PFF guy on local Cincy radio show say that Burrow, when in the pocket, was their #1 rated QB by far and it wasn't even close (on throws under 20 yards). When asked about the deep ball the guy pointed to the line and said that he rarely had time for a deep play to develop.

^ I expect, if protected, Burrow to be a top 5 QB. #1 is possible. Can see him battling Mahomes for the next 10 years.
Reply/Quote
Anxious to see how he comes back from the injury. Hopefully we haven’t ruined him already. If he’s healthy and we give him help I think he’s atleast top 5 in the league.
Reply/Quote
If he stays healthy, likely Top Ten. The rest of the team will determine Top 5 or not. Bad O-line, run game, WR quality, play calling, defense putting you in bad positions, etc. may cost a few spots. It's on a scale of like ending up Aaron Rodgers or ending up like Matt Ryan. ( Don't @ me with stats ).
Reply/Quote
I will give him a "Boomer" rating but less than a "Kenny."
Reply/Quote

a lot of factors go into all this that its impossible to say...  

Many teams hope they have the next GUY... but most dont.
Reply/Quote