Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good is Tee Higgin really?
(04-05-2024, 07:02 PM)J24 Wrote: He's a top 20 WR in the prime of his career!

Find a team that believes it and trade him.

We are all still waiting...
Reply/Quote
I like Tee,, but he can be inconsistent,, he'll drop passes,, and for a big receiver he's not been great at contested catches except for 2022. He'll outright body a corner every now and then,, but also often get mauled by corners who are more physical.

I think he's a real nice 2,, but nowhere near a true 1,, at least not right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The easiest way to quantify it for me is that’s he’s firmly a tier 2 WR. Not quite elite like Jettas, Chase, Tyreek, Adams, etc, but still very good.

There’s some pretty special WR’s that will be entering the league this season though, so he might get bumped down even more in the overall rankings.

Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think so many football fans are so caught
Up in which WR is #1 is #2 etc etc it starts diminish the importance of the #2.
I don't look at Chase and Higgins as #1 and #2. I look
At them as equal components in aoffense that driven
By their WRs. This isn't the Chiefs or Ravens offense
Where the TE is the focal point of the passing game
And the 1 and 2 WRs are clearly defined
Here's a question.....let's say the Bengals have a 7 play
Scoring drive. Burrow throws 6 passes on that drive
Completes 5. Chase catches 4 and 3 go for 1st downs
But Higgins catches 2 ...but 1 is for the go ahead TD.
Who is the number 1 on that drive ?
I think the #1 and number #2 is not always set in stone
Alot depends on how a game unfolds
Who was the number #1 WR in the SB loss to the Rams ?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 11:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Who was the number #1 WR in the SB loss to the Rams ?

The Super Bowl is a bad example considering 75 of Tee’s 100 yards came on a blatant face mask that should have been called.

Chase still has 131 more yards in the playoffs even without the asterisk on the Tee/Ramsey play.

Reply/Quote
How many good starting 6'4" 219lbs WRs are there in the NFL? Having a physical mismatch like that can be a huge advantage in and of itself.

It would take a whole lot of trade capital to make me feel comfortable moving on from one of the best big mismatch WRs in the league who we spent the 33rd pick of the draft on and he has four years of experience working with our stud QB and learning our head coaches offense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKSF42eR0o
Reply/Quote
He's good enough to *at times* be the most impactful skill position player on the field.  He gives the Bengals a lot of the juice that teams with elite TEs have...  

I was trying to stay away from the contract stuff and focus on the football stuff.  I'd say that he's good enough to tag for two years if you're a franchise that's earnestly looking to win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:05 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Find a team that believes it and trade him.

"We are all still waiting" because he's on a team that believes it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 10:47 AM)jason Wrote: "We are all still waiting" because he's on a team that believes it.

If the Bengals believe it, why hasn't he been locked up long term?
Reply/Quote
Bringing up the SB as to who had the better game. If Burrow has another 1.5 seconds on final play Chase had Ramsey smoked for the go ahead TD and probably wins SB MVP.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:05 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Find a team that believes it and trade him.

The FO doesn’t want to trade him! 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 11:10 AM)Whatever Wrote: If the Bengals believe it, why hasn't he been locked up long term?

They have another WR who they believe is or will be the best WR in the game. Who's contract is up after next season and will cost them over 30 million  a year!
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 12:31 PM)J24 Wrote: They have another WR who they believe is or will be the best WR in the game. Who's contract is up after next season and will cost them over 30 million  a year!

But they can structure Higgins' deal so that he has a low cap hit the first few years, then trade him after it balloons to keep the band together for a few more years.  Or massively front load it before Chase's extension really kicks in.  

Beyond that, they've publicly said they'd trade him and there's not a whisper of interest from around the league.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: But they can structure Higgins' deal so that he has a low cap hit the first few years, then trade him after it balloons to keep the band together for a few more years.  Or massively front load it before Chase's extension really kicks in.  

Beyond that, they've publicly said they'd trade him and there's not a whisper of interest from around the league.

There wasn’t a whisper of interest from around the league regarding Diggs until this week. It’s not like teams make these discussions public knowledge.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: But they can structure Higgins' deal so that he has a low cap hit the first few years, then trade him after it balloons to keep the band together for a few more years.  Or massively front load it before Chase's extension really kicks in.  

There are a lot of "but" statement regarding re-signing Tee Higgins.

I haven't seen traction re-signing him, nor traction for teams wanting to trade for him. Maybe teams see him as fool's gold, a product of the scheme, lack of a run game, Burrow, and Chase being the main draw for the defense?

I agree, the silence if telling and deafening.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals rareky backload contracts and they have never said they would trade him(at least publicly). Everyone from Duke to Zac expects him back on the team.
J24

Reply/Quote
Tee has been good when he plays. He's really special at high pointing the ball and contested balls. He's also not going to do an extension here - remember who his agent is and that agent's track record of almost never having their client sign extensions with their current team.

I'll also note this was why I felt that they should have gotten Yoshi more snaps last season and more targets - he shows a lot of promise and had Browning not been holding the ball so long would have had a multiple TD game in the first Stealer game, as he repeatedly torched the defense only for Browning to just sit there and get sacked. Had they gotten him the targets they would know more if Yoshi can be the #2 which would make the draft strategy simpler.
Reply/Quote
Tee is the 2nd best WR in the AFC North. You are not going to replace that production with a rookie unless we trade away our future to move up to 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 05:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Tee is the 2nd best WR in the AFC North. You are not going to replace that production with a rookie unless we trade away our future to move up to 3.

I would think most non-Bengals fans have Amari Cooper ahead of Tee.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would think most non-Bengals fans have Amari Cooper ahead of Tee.

Pickens, Johnson, and Flowers are also arguably better.
Reply/Quote