Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How in the HELL did the Bengals get blown out by Cleveland?
(01-04-2022, 10:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m actually pretty confident we will do well this week, even if we rest starters. This is the 1st game this year where there is no pressure on us. I think they play free and loose, and Cleveland will not want to be there since they are already eliminated and had such high expectations. I could be wrong, but I feel good about this one….maybe, lol.

Whatever the outcome, I want absolutely NO INJURIES and our backup primed for a run. Like was said earlier - this is akin to a pre-season game, everyone gets to play, not to be evaluated but to get prepared for the playoffs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Could be a good opportunity to get some of our depth pieces some more experience, like D'ante Smith, Carman, Flowers, Bailey, Evans etc
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should see if they can make him taller while they’re at it. Tongue

Think he had about half a dozen balls batted down last night.

We know what Marvin Lewis would call Baker Mayfield.    Ninja

(01-04-2022, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mayfield has been hurt and beat up most the year especially his shoulder.  I wouldnt call him garabage cause hes playing thru injuries....

Browns destroyed us earlier in the year so credit where its due.

Baker Mayfield's completion rate the last 3 years...
21% below average
8% below average
21% below average

Baker Mayfield's INT rate the last 3 years...
29% below average
8% above average
18% below average

Baker Mayfield's QB Rating the last 3 years...
18% below average
6% above average
12% below average

Baker Mayfield is not good. It's not just the injuries this year, either. I don't think I would go as far to say "garbage", but he's really not good considering he's had an amazing run game and a very good offensive line to lean on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should see if they can make him taller while they’re at it. Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We know what Marvin Lewis would call Baker Mayfield.    Ninja

21% below average
8% below average
21% below average

29% below average
8% above average
18% below average

18% below average
6% above average
12% below average

Baker Mayfield is not good. It's not just the injuries this year, either. I don't think I would go as far to say "garbage", but he's really not good considering he's had an amazing run game and a very good offensive line to lean on.

When reviewing these numbers, it makes me curious about what approach the Browns are going to take with his long term future in Cleveland. If Baker wants elite money, I'd tell him to take a hike; however, if Baker is willing to sign an extension at a cost lower than Mahomes/Watson type money, the Browns might be smart to do it since they struggle historically to maintain consistency at the QB position in the last decade +.

The Bengals will eventually figure out how to stop Baker so I'd be happy with him being a Brown for a long time. Clev Sux
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We know what Marvin Lewis would call Baker Mayfield.    Ninja

21% below average
8% below average
21% below average

29% below average
8% above average
18% below average

18% below average
6% above average
12% below average

Mayfield is probably categorized, at best, as a game manager QB.
He's never thrown for 4000 yards, nor 30 TDs.
He absolutely needs to be in a running-oriented offense that also has a strong defense.

Mayfield's 5th-year option was picked up, so he's likely a Brown for one more year, but it's leaning toward him not being there after that.
He's been handed a slew of offensive weapons (Chubb, Landry, OBJ, Hooper, Njoku) and a great OL (Wills-Bitonio-Tretter-Teller-Conklin), so there should be no issues with moving down the field and also not turning the ball over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When reviewing these numbers, it makes me curious about what approach the Browns are going to take with his long term future in Cleveland. If Baker wants elite money, I'd tell him to take a hike; however, if Baker is willing to sign an extension at a cost lower than Mahomes/Watson type money, the Browns might be smart to do it since they struggle historically to maintain consistency at the QB position in the last decade +.

The Bengals will eventually figure out how to stop Baker so I'd be happy with him being a Brown for a long time. Clev Sux

Browns are going to pick earlier than the Steelers in the draft, who also might end up needing a QB in the draft.
Given this year doesn't have a Burrow or Lawrence, the 1st or 2nd QB in the draft could be drafted in the teens.
The Browns might be able to kill two birds with one stone by drafting a QB this coming draft ahead of the Steelers, forcing them to have to take someone else that they didn't want. That way the Browns could potentially get their next QB while also hurting the Steelers by taking their guy (assuming it's the same person).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When reviewing these numbers, it makes me curious about what approach the Browns are going to take with his long term future in Cleveland. If Baker wants elite money, I'd tell him to take a hike; however, if Baker is willing to sign an extension at a cost lower than Mahomes/Watson type money, the Browns might be smart to do it since they struggle historically to maintain consistency at the QB position in the last decade +.

I'm hoping that the Browns hitch their cart to the Baker Mayfield horse. Doubly so if they end up paying him like a QB gets paid these days. It'll really hinder their ability to be a threat anytime soon. 

If the Browns were smart they would go for Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson if there is positive movement on his legal front. Barring getting a top-5 QB like those three, I would probably trade for Gardner Minshew. If even that wasn't an option, I guess I would sign Bridgewater or Mariota as a stop-gap but by then we're talking about option #5 and #6, but I would still do that over wasting another year on Mayfield.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Browns are going to pick earlier than the Steelers in the draft, who also might end up needing a QB in the draft.
Given this year doesn't have a Burrow or Lawrence, the 1st or 2nd QB in the draft could be drafted in the teens.
The Browns might be able to kill two birds with one stone by drafting a QB this coming draft ahead of the Steelers, forcing them to have to take someone else that they didn't want. That way the Browns could potentially get their next QB while also hurting the Steelers by taking their guy (assuming it's the same person).

Thanks for the draft info, one might say it's HoF worthy.  Hilarious

The mocks are crazy with the QBs this year since, as you note, none are a top prospect. Some mocks show the usual run on QBs in round 1 where others act as if the QB position doesn't even exist.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Mayfield is probably categorized, at best, as a game manager QB.
He's never thrown for 4000 yards, nor 30 TDs.
He absolutely needs to be in a running-oriented offense that also has a strong defense.

Mayfield's 5th-year option was picked up, so he's likely a Brown for one more year, but it's leaning toward him not being there after that.
He's been handed a slew of offensive weapons (Chubb, Landry, OBJ, Hooper, Njoku) and a great OL (Wills-Bitonio-Tretter-Teller-Conklin), so there should be no issues with moving down the field and also not turning the ball over.

I don't think he could even be categorized as a game manager. I normally think of those guys as high completion %, low INT guys who generally lack the ability that would allow a team's offense to be shouldered by them, but have developed a method to still put their teams in favorable situations by limiting mistakes and losses. (Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, all being varying levels of that in my mind.) I don't think it's really an insult as a team can really win games with them still. I think Mayfield just isn't really that good.

Picking up the 5th year option doesn't mean much. Right now it's guaranteed for injury only. So I think unless Baker is willing to sit out 2022 by claiming his injury prevented him from being able to play, the Browns can get out of it if they want. It only becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster at the start of the 2022 league season.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Baker Mayfield is not good. It's not just the injuries this year, either. I don't think I would go as far to say "garbage", but he's really not good considering he's had an amazing run game and a very good offensive line to lean on.

But he's a very entertaining actor. He could play the part of Brian Drew if there was a Draft Day II movie.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:55 AM)Interceptor Wrote: But he's a very entertaining actor. He could play the part of Brian Drew if there was a Draft Day II movie.

His commercials are good. I'm especially a fan of the one with the kid house sitting for the Browns stadium.
Reply/Quote
so i have some concerns with the browns. We are almost right back in the same spot. The reason we lost that game is that unlike KC the browns double and triple covered chase, but burrow kept saying f it and throwing anyway. Thisled to a pick 6 and some horrible interceptions. Hopefully Joe has learned that you cant do that in triple coverage and he needs to find higgins and boyd.
Reply/Quote

Can’t see the image.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mayfield has been hurt and beat up most the year especially his shoulder.  I wouldnt call him garabage cause hes playing thru injuries....

Browns destroyed us earlier in the year so credit where its due.

Yeah, I don't like Baker, seems a little douchey to me, but I gotta give him some props for hanging tough all season long. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should see if they can make him taller while they’re at it. Tongue

I’d pay to see them tie his stadium-dwelling, squatting ass on a frame rack and pull until he gets to 6’3”.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:06 PM)kronadon Wrote: so i have some concerns with the browns. We are almost right back in the same spot. The reason we lost that game is that unlike KC the browns double and triple covered chase, but burrow kept saying f it and throwing anyway. Thisled to a pick 6 and some horrible interceptions. Hopefully Joe has learned that you cant do that in triple coverage and he needs to find higgins and boyd.

They won that game for far more reasons than that as the D was terrible,to. Look, the NFL is crazy week-to-week. If you do not bring the energy or even match the energy/intensity early on as your opponent it's very easy to fall into a big hole like Cincy did.

The stains were breathing a huge sigh of relief just a few days earlier from a tension-filled organization with OBJ and what he/ his father caused. This allowed them to quite playing on egg shells for that game with huge momentum.For whatever reason, this lack of an energized get-out -of-the-gate approach by Cinci. has happened in multiple home games. Some games they've come back in but Cincy. started off this season, imho, as a rather fragile team still unsure who they were and percieved as. They've had to grow into what they are now.
Reply/Quote