Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What about Geno? Will he be gone too?
Do you believe Geno is on his way out too? He has been pretty quiet, and is coming back from injury. Will he be traded as well? What do you think? Will he or is he taking his loss in playing time as bad as Carlos, only not being as vocal?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he will be traded. That shoulder injury could prevent him from passing a physical for another team. Besides he isn't causing a fuss

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's true, didn't think about him passing a physical. He has been pretty quiet too.
Reply/Quote
With the DT injuries this year, I doubt they trade him by the deadline.
They might trade him in the offseason.
He does have 2 more years on his contract after this season, so they might want to see how he comes back from injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
From reading some of the articles it seems he and ZT are on the same page and reps are where they need to be right now only to increase. Now maybe Geno is just being the good soldier and certainly wants/needs to play more but there does seem to be some agreement.

Now, regarding Carlos, the ESPN article stated that ZT has a new scheme that didn't fit well with Carlos. I certainly hope that new scheme was not Carlos really wanting to rush the QB and ZT's new scheme of NOT wanting to rush the QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 01:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: From reading some of the articles it seems he and ZT are on the same page and reps are where they need to be right now only to increase. Now maybe Geno is just being the good soldier and certainly wants/needs to play more but there does seem to be some agreement.

Now, regarding Carlos, the ESPN article stated that ZT has a new scheme that didn't fit well with Carlos. I certainly hope that new scheme was not Carlos really wanting to rush the QB and ZT's new scheme of NOT wanting to rush the QB.

It looks as if this team is looking to transition to a 3-4 defense. They run a sort of hybrid of it now. With that taken into consideration, it seems as though Carlos didn't want to try and adapt. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Good point about Geno's contract. I don't believe they could get any more for Geno at this point than they did for Carlos. So no need to trade him now, if they even can. Hopefully he can get back and make himself appealing to the market in the offseason.

I hope they shop A.J. now that he's showed up the last couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
FWIW...If I were a betting person though the player he may be talking about is John Ross not Atkins

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are more comfortable keeping Geno around and seeing if he produces in 2021. He hasn't been nearly as vocal as Dunlap and he still has a decent chunk of his contract left, which will make him hard to trade for anything other than a cap purge.

I am hopeful that he has a Green-esque return to production after the bye and be his old self next year, personally. I'd be sad to see him go.
Reply/Quote
That Barnwell tweet is interesting. I'd have thought the Bengals were done trading and this move was only about getting the disgruntled guy away from the team. If the Bengals make other moves, I'm excited to see the outcome.
Reply/Quote
Word (from Rap, I believe) is Atkins has impending shoulder surgery (a matter of when, not if) that he's holding off and trying to play through. 0% chance a team trades for a guy who needs shoulder surgery.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Geno's setting up an Instagram account as we speak... Destination Tampa.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Apparently Bengals are asking for too much in their trades, the article mentioned Carlos and Geno. Not sure if any truth to it, but Carlos is gone and Geno is "gone" in a different way.

Yeah I'd shop AJ too, this team is 1-5-1, by the time they're good AJ won't matter. Get a lineman.
Reply/Quote
Im not sure he would pass another teams physical if his shoulder isn't good enough to play more than 15 downs a game
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Apparently Bengals are asking for too much in their trades, the article mentioned Carlos and Geno. Not sure if any truth to it, but Carlos is gone and Geno is "gone" in a different way.

Yeah I'd shop AJ too, this team is 1-5-1, by the time they're good AJ won't matter. Get a lineman.

I guess it would depend on the "too much." If it is a player you want to keep and think has a future, then you may have a crazy price.

NFL Exec: We want Tyler Boyd
Bengals: We want a 1st
NEL Exec: That's too much
Bengals: Guess he will keep playing for us, then. 

With that said, I can se the Bengals asking for too much just because.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 02:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Apparently Bengals are asking for too much in their trades, the article mentioned Carlos and Geno. Not sure if any truth to it, but Carlos is gone and Geno is "gone" in a different way.

Nothing wrong with asking too much if they are sincere in negotiations. You always want as much as you can get for former pro bowl players.
Reply/Quote
I would be shocked if there are anymore trades. Dunlap wouldn’t have gotten traded without causing such an uproar and forcing the team’s hand. Hobson says this Dunlap trade is the first October trade the team has made in 9 years.
Reply/Quote
I think Geno had a serious injury as some have said. I also feel he is the type of man that knows he should sit the season out but wants to help out as much as he can. I believe Geno and Taylor are on the same page with his playing time as well. Someone of his caliber would be causing an uproar with this little time playing by not him but teammates and we are hearing nothing. And may I say what an absolute professional and great human being he is for just going about business and not wanting to be a distraction or attention getter.
Reply/Quote
I would hope Ross would be getting shipped out.
I think they keep AJ just to have another experience weapon for Burrow. I would not mind if they did deal him now while he may still have some value. He should be gone after this year anyway.

There’s a price on every player but I would be bummed to see Geno go. One of my favorite players and I remember so many years of wishing the Bengals had a dominant DT then Geno became one.
Hopefully he is just hurting and has a great year next season.
Reply/Quote