Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How it looks right now
(03-13-2024, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: They tend to struggle in the AFCN. I think when we drafted Carter each team in the North (I felt) grabbed all the hot DT prospects that year and none of them panned out. 

I also think this FO struggles with drafting DT's. Have we hit on any outside of Geno in recent years?

Benton from Steelers had a very good year.. i don;t think there is data out there on struggling in AFC vs others... All teams have players that don;t work out, im just showing that last year group as a whole played pretty well, it is less about drafting a DT but drafting the right one in that round... but it the end you have to win through the draft if you are going to sustain success..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
re: Newton. IMO he wasn't bad against the run. He did play too may snaps, but when you're the only good DL on your team.. Goodberry did a nice analysis which did show him on the ground a couple times which I hadn't seen before, but also just how much better he played as a disruptor vs. being a read and react player.

Our unimproved pass rush is going to look a lot worse if we don't get some 3rd and longs. That's not gonna happen unless we improve over last year; and that was with Reader.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: They tend to struggle in the AFCN. I think when we drafted Carter each team in the North (I felt) grabbed all the hot DT prospects that year and none of them panned out. 

I also think this FO struggles with drafting DT's. Have we hit on any outside of Geno in recent years?

?? 

The browns drafted an undersized 3 tech in the 4th round
The Steelers drafted an OLB/5 tech tweener
and the Ravens drafted Travis Jones who has been a very good player for them

Winfrey wasn't a hot prospect and Leal wasn't a DT. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, the Steelers had two splash signings to fill big needs: Patrick Queen and Russell Wilson.  And the Ravens made a signing that is going to make their offense, and particularly the goal line offense, ridiculously hard to defend when paired with Lamar: Derrick Henry.

I don't know about overall their off-season (losses versus gains), and the Bengals did weaken the Ravens with the Stone signing. But as far as making a splash in free agency, their signings have been taking up all the oxygen and I'm sure their fan bases are estastic.
The Steelers signed a backup qb and a ok linebacker , ravens sighed a well past his prime rb and lost 40% of their oline. Bengals have had very good fa
(03-13-2024, 01:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  Do you think Reader is the only 2 down run stopper available in FA?

FA is not over and already chastising the FO in an indirect way. 

The only good one yes. Anyone else is a downgrade at a position that’s already one of worst in league
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the run defense will be the achillies heel of this team. Ravens, Browns, and Steelers are all run first. Bengals have nothing in the middle

We are going 0-4 vs Baltimore and Cleveland next year. Possibly another 0-6 in division.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the run defense will be the achillies heel of this team. Ravens, Browns, and Steelers are all run first. Bengals have nothing in the middle

We are going 0-4 vs Baltimore and Cleveland next year. Possibly another 0-6 in division.
Reply/Quote
Honestly if they sign a starting RT and get Kendrick fuller I’ll be more than happy. Need a NT but you can’t fill every need in one FA
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:14 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: We are going 0-4 vs Baltimore and Cleveland next year. Possibly another 0-6 in division.

So that’s 4, possibly 6 games you won’t watch next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 01:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So that’s 4, possibly 6 games you won’t watch next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will it take to get that number up to 17?
Reply/Quote