Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely to see NFL
(06-16-2020, 12:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Regardless of who wins it's hard to look at the future and confidently predict sanity being in the cards.  

Yes but public triggered reaction from certain individuals when Trump wins is predictably worse than if Biden pulls it off IMO
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 10:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I think that once the election is over that the reports of deaths from other things that are being reported as this virus death will die down. The media will stop hyping this and the race issues and things will probably calm down after November. One side has too much to gain politically right now for either to die down. It’s very sad that it factors in at all but that’s are measures that people will go to to gain power.

So how many deaths for "other things" are being reported as from "this virus" and why are all doctors suddenly Democrats?  Best I can tell the AMA has always been squarely behind the Republicans who want to help protect their high salaries and limit malpractice judgements.

The BLM movement started 7 years ago protesting UNDER THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, so, again, I doubt they will "calm down" as long as every time there is a protest their is new video footage of cops acting like out of control assholes.

Political parties gain control or lose control based on how they address problems.  Neither the FoxNews view nor the MSNBC view can change that.  If media had any impact then we would not see control change hands back-and-forth between the parties on a regular basis.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 10:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I was on the soccer team in high school.  No regrets. 

I would guess that playing soccer is many times more fun that watching it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 04:36 PM)McC Wrote: I would guess that playing soccer is many times more fun that watching it.

Anything multiplied by 0 is 0 Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 12:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My HS was similar in that regard.  Football was all that mattered.  I played soccer and tennis so I was good at the shameful sports. 

Lord give me the confidence of a small town high school football team that collapses as soon as they have to play a school with "colored kids" on it.  Good times?

There is nothing shameful about either of those sports though!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think the season will start around November probably Thanksgiving. Not saying the virus won't be around then but people are going to be so tired of it buy then that they won't care anymore.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: I think the season will start around November probably Thanksgiving. Not saying the virus won't be around then but people are going to be so tired of it buy then that they won't care anymore.

I don't know about you, but I am so tired of it now....
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: I think the season will start around November probably Thanksgiving. Not saying the virus won't be around then but people are going to be so tired of it buy then that they won't care anymore.

People don't care now. There seems to be a range of attitude that falls somewhere between cavalier and outright denial. What do you suppose will change the league's mind by then? It's not up to fans. I do realize that everything the NFL has said gives the impression that they plan to start the season on time with fans in attendance... But they can say anything until the rubber actually hits the road. They seem to have gotten off to a bad start in Texas this week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 07:20 PM)jason Wrote: People don't care now. There seems to be a range of attitude that falls somewhere between cavalier and outright denial. What do you suppose will change the league's mind by then? It's not up to fans. I do realize that everything the NFL has said gives the impression that they plan to start the season on time with fans in attendance... But they can say anything until the rubber actually hits the road. They seem to have gotten off to a bad start in Texas this week.

So have players actually tested positive to Covid19?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 07:29 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: So have players actually tested positive to Covid19?

Zeke Elliott and "several other" Cowboys and Texans have tested positive.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 07:29 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: So have players actually tested positive to Covid19?

Wow, that makes it hard for the season to go ahead unless they get it under control quickly. I have to decide soon if I'll spend $200 on gamepass for the season, that becomes a difficult decision at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 07:48 PM)jason Wrote: Zeke Elliott and "several other" Cowboys and Texans have tested positive.

There have been others as well.  Von Miller tested positive early on.

The big problem is looking at what happened at Alabama.  They allowed players back to train, and have now had at least 8 positive tests in the last two weeks.  It will happen in the NFL as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 08:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There have been others as well.  Von Miller tested positive early on.

The big problem is looking at what happened at Alabama.  They allowed players back to train, and have now had at least 8 positive tests in the last two weeks.  It will happen in the NFL as well.

Yeah... I was just talking about the recent positive tests. Sean Peyton also tested positive way back when this started.... And yes; what happened at Alabama is discouraging. Up here at Ohio State, the players and their families had to sign waiver forms.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 05:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know about you, but I am so tired of it now....
Yeah I'm tired of it too. 
(06-16-2020, 07:20 PM)jason Wrote: People don't care now. There seems to be a range of attitude that falls somewhere between cavalier and outright denial. What do you suppose will change the league's mind by then? It's not up to fans. I do realize that everything the NFL has said gives the impression that they plan to start the season on time with fans in attendance... But they can say anything until the rubber actually hits the road. They seem to have gotten off to a bad start in Texas this week.
I think after the election I think people are just going to want everything to be done then even if we are not done by then.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 07:48 PM)jason Wrote: Zeke Elliott and "several other" Cowboys and Texans have tested positive.

The impression I've gotten is that they've tested positive but not actually gotten sick.  There are probably a lot of people in this category.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 04:36 PM)McC Wrote: I would guess that playing soccer is many times more fun that watching it.

Hell Yes! Loved playing soccer. I honestly think it’s the best sport in grade school to prepare kids for football, Basketball etc later in high school. Teaches angle, agility and coordination not to mention the cardio. Loved coaching too. No idea what led to the quote I’m replying to but yes it’s definitely better to play.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 09:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah I'm tired of it too. 
I think after the election I think people are just going to want everything to be done then even if we are not done by then.

Well I'd love for you to be right, but I'm not sure I follow that logic. First of all most Americans don't even bother to vote. I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that far fewer Americans give an F about politics than a lot of people think. I know I'm much happier the less attention that I pay to that whole situation on the federal level... And again; people WANT baseball, the NBA, and NHL right now. It's not up to us. I think the fact that the leagues that are actually in season at the moment can't get something going is a bad sign for the NFL.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 09:50 PM)jason Wrote: Well I'd love for you to be right, but I'm not sure I follow that logic. First of all most Americans don't even bother to vote. I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that far fewer Americans give an F about politics than a lot of people think. I know I'm much happier the less attention that I pay to that whole situation on the federal level... And again; people WANT baseball, the NBA, and NHL right now. It's not up to us. I think the fact that the leagues that are actually in season at the moment can't get something going is a bad sign for the NFL.

The NHL and NBA have their plans to resume in place though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 04:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Anything multiplied by 0 is 0 Ninja

I only played it a few times when I was was young.  When I was young, I loved anything that involved a lot of running around and there damn sure is a lot of that in soccer.

Never been a big fan of watching hockey but I sure had a ball playing it on the frozen river that ran through town.  I do have to say we did a whole lot more checking than worrying about the puck.  We didn't wear pads, unless you count the five or six layers of clothes we wore to play in below zero weather.

Reply/Quote
As for the season starting as scheduled I seriously doubt it. Once it’s crunch time and more players start testing positive that’s it. Would you rather have a season of games you can’t attend? Or a shity season cause your best players are out for Testing positive? Or we finally get to the big dance only because the teams we faced were decimated with Covid. As much as I live and breath football I think I can wait another season. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote