Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How lucky we are...
....that the best group of receivers in the league -- Chase, Higgins and Boyd -- aren't a bunch of divas.  Latest news out of Buffalo is that Stefon Diggs wants to be offensive coordinator as well as the only WR to see the ball.

Source: The Boston Globe - Ben Volin

Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs is reportedly unhappy with his role in the offense and his lack of a voice in play-calling, according to a source.

Our receivers block for the run game, run whatever route is called, catch it when it comes to them, shut their mouths, and put team above self.  

It is so easy to like this team.  From the front office on down, the organization has a winning culture throughout.  And it's special.  For you guys who have been around a while, you know that this hasn't always been the case.  Enjoy it and appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:01 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: ....that the best group of receivers in the league -- Chase, Higgins and Boyd -- aren't a bunch of divas.  Latest news out of Buffalo is that Stefon Diggs wants to be offensive coordinator as well as the only WR to see the ball.

Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs is reportedly unhappy with his role in the offense and his lack of a voice in play-calling, according to a source.

Our receivers block for the run game, run whatever route is called, catch it when it comes to them, shut their mouths, and put team above self.  

It is so easy to like this team.  From the front office on down, the organization has a winning culture throughout.  And it's special.  For you guys who have been around a while, you know that this hasn't always been the case.  Enjoy it and appreciate it.

Stefon Diggs has also averaged 1396 yards per season while being a Bill.
That's really damn good.

Assuming positive intent, Diggs believes if he got the ball more and/or they ran different plays, they'd have won more games and ultimately could have either played or even won a Super Bowl in his tenure there.
However, he gets fed plenty, and it's the (lack of established) RBs and defense that need the focus.

Also, in the playoffs after the wildcard round, all the teams are pretty comparable talent-wise.
It's hardly ever a given that one team is going to win in the divisional or especially the AFCCG round.
Sometimes the arguably better team loses because it's just a single game and comes down to just a few plays.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I swear I don't know how some of these guys even walk around without a crane beside them to hold up their huge heads..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Winning certainly helps. The true test will be when the team fails.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:01 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: ....that the best group of receivers in the league -- Chase, Higgins and Boyd -- aren't a bunch of divas.  Latest news out of Buffalo is that Stefon Diggs wants to be offensive coordinator as well as the only WR to see the ball.

There are a number of things I love about the WR corps:

1.) Crazy talented

2.) Driven to WIN, not just put up stats (Chase slamming his helmet after the final offensive play in Super Bowl).  

3.) Support each other (remember when Irwin had that big game?  They were all so happy for that dude)

4.) Let Joe decide.  No calling out when they are open.  Joe will get them the ball when that is what the defense dictates.  He doesn't play favorites.

5.) Blocking (as you mentioned)  I will never forget the play where Chase caught up to Mixon in Detroit and (hilariously) blocked the same guy twice.  The second block putting him on his ass.

6.) Confidence.  Sure, all WRs have it, right?  Or is it sometimes a false bravado?  These guys know they can beat you and aren't afraid of anyone.  

7.) I wasn't sure what to call this one, but I am going to go with:  "Youthful Energy".  They bring so much energy, fun, and passion to the game.  It carries over to the entire team.  
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There are a number of things I love about the WR corps:

1.) Crazy talented

2.) Driven to WIN, not just put up stats (Chase slamming his helmet after the final offensive play in Super Bowl).  

3.) Support each other (remember when Irwin had that big game?  They were all so happy for that dude)

4.) Let Joe decide.  No calling out when they are open.  Joe will get them the ball when that is what the defense dictates.  He doesn't play favorites.

5.) Blocking (as you mentioned)  I will never forget the play where Chase caught up to Mixon in Detroit and (hilariously) blocked the same guy twice.  The second block putting him on his ass.

6.) Confidence.  Sure, all WRs have it, right?  Or is it sometimes a false bravado?  These guys know they can beat you and aren't afraid of anyone.  

7.) I wasn't sure what to call this one, but I am going to go with:  "Youthful Energy".  They bring so much energy, fun, and passion to the game.  It carries over to the entire team.  

Accountability-
to the team, to each other and to themselves. Chase or Tee (don't remember which) said it the other day. They hold each other accountable in everything they do. No slacking, or they get called out. And he said that includes the whole room, rookies and veterans alike. 
Reply/Quote
Very lucky indeed

Think it started with Chase the way he came into the league just kicking butt and taking names yet was humble enough to still do the little things like blocking for teammates and just led by example right out of the gate.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Very lucky indeed Who Dey

We had our time with the diva's and malcontents. Let somebody else have them now.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 04:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Very lucky indeed  Who Dey

We had our time with the diva's and malcontents. Let somebody else have them now.

Absolutely 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 04:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Very lucky indeed  Who Dey

I don't know, we've actually been pretty lucky when it comes to WR's. No one could call AJ Green a diva. Chad was a diva, but in a fun way. (calling Lewis at four in the morning to tell him he's open) TJ wasn't much of a diva at all. The only one that comes to mind that was bad was that clown Owens. 
Reply/Quote

No doubt Speedy, we are blessed to have the guys we have, all class. Honestly didn't know Diggs was like this until our Playoff game 
against the Bills last year when he was giving Allen so much shit on the sideline acting like a diva.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know, we've actually been pretty lucky when it comes to WR's. No one could call AJ Green a diva. Chad was a diva, but in a fun way. (calling Lewis at four in the morning to tell him he's open) TJ wasn't much of a diva at all. The only one that comes to mind that was bad was that clown Owens. 

TO was a diva, but not for the Bengals. 

He led the team in TD's and receiving with a limited time because of injury. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2023, 04:38 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: TO was a diva, but not for the Bengals. 

He led the team in TD's and receiving with a limited time because of injury. 

I do agree with that. He just played while he was here, although there was the reality show bit. There weren't any blowups or anything though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Lucky...
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/police-report-says-tyreek-hill-offered-alleged-assault-victim-200

Quote:Per the report, the dispute happened when Hill and others entered a docked private boat. The captain of the boat told them to leave. Hill allegedly said to the captain, “I can buy you and the boat.”

The captain contends that Hill began to spew expletives and “became enraged and attempted to enter the boat to cause him bodily harm but was held back by unknown associates.” Hill did not identify himself by name, saying only that he is “number 10 from the Miami Dolphins.”....During the dispute, an employee of Kelley Fishing Fleet walked over to the scene. Hill allegedly slapped that employee on the back of the neck.

Surveillance footage, per the supplemental police report, backs up the versions offered by the boat captain and the employee who was struck. The employee later identified Hill in a photo lineup.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 08:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lucky...
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/police-report-says-tyreek-hill-offered-alleged-assault-victim-200

[Image: empire-doyouknowwhoiam.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 03:06 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: empire-doyouknowwhoiam.gif]

Yeah, he might be a little full of himself telling the captain of a boat docked in a Miami marina that he can buy him and his boat. He might find out he didn't have the biggest wallet at the marina on that day. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Geez Tyreek...Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2023, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt Speedy, we are blessed to have the guys we have, all class. Honestly didn't know Diggs was like this until our Playoff game 
against the Bills last year when he was giving Allen so much shit on the sideline acting like a diva.

He's always been like this.  He kicked and screamed until Minnesota granted his wish and sent him to Buffalo.  Now Minnesota has the best wr in the league and Diggs is still doing Diggs things.  

I'm not sure where he goes from here.  He complained about Cousins, then he wound up with a top 5 quarterback.  Now that's not good enough.  He's the Goldilocks of NFL receivers.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 09:48 AM)samhain Wrote: He's always been like this.  He kicked and screamed until Minnesota granted his wish and sent him to Buffalo.  Now Minnesota has the best wr in the league and Diggs is still doing Diggs things.  

I'm not sure where he goes from here.  He complained about Cousins, then he wound up with a top 5 quarterback.  Now that's not good enough.  He's the Goldilocks of NFL receivers.

Hmmm, didn't really pay attention as I thought the stealers with AB and such were the worst divas during those years.

Thanks for the info, sounds like Diggs is burning all his bridges like AB without being a complete psychopath lol
Reply/Quote