Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How mamy weaknesses do we have?
Okay. Offensive line is an unknown.

Other than that, what other holes are there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Kicker is an unknown, more so than the o-line, especially if they keep Elliot over Bullock.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe depth at safety and linebacker.. but overall I think we are pretty solid and have no major holes outside of the young line
Reply/Quote
-Offensive Line
-Kicker
-Linebacker if/when Burfict is out
-TE when Eifert gets hurt
-DT next to Atkins
-DE opposite of Dunlap
-Coaching
-Ownership

A couple of those (Kicker, DT, DE) have rookies/unproven guys who potentially can make it not a weakness, but until it's proven, it'll be a weakness at least for now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 08:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -Offensive Line
-Kicker
-Linebacker if/when Burfict is out
-TE when Eifert gets hurt
-DT next to Atkins
-DE opposite of Dunlap
-Coaching
-Ownership

A couple of those (Kicker, DT, DE) have rookies/unproven guys who potentially can make it not a weakness, but until it's proven, it'll be a weakness at least for now.
Agree with everything except this.  I like the way that the team is being run right now.  They are for the most part staying out of salary cap hell and are doing a very good job of keeping their own.  
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 08:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree with everything except this.  I like the way that the team is being run right now.  They are for the most part staying out of salary cap hell and are doing a very good job of keeping their own.  

You really can't agree with coaching being a weakness, and disagree with ownership being a weakness. Lol

Ownership has chosen coaching, and kept coaching.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 08:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You really can't agree with coaching being a weakness, and disagree with ownership being a weakness. Lol

Ownership has chosen coaching, and kept coaching.

Yeah, I can.  Coaching is more than just the head coach.  The head coach assembles the staff, not the owner.

I think coaching is a weakness because I'm not sold on some of the staff guys yet.  I think Mike Brown has finally gotten out of the way and let guys like Tobin do their jobs.

Ownership involves much more than coaching.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 08:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, I can.  Coaching is more than just the head coach.  The head coach assembles the staff, not the owner.

I think coaching is a weakness because I'm not sold on some of the staff guys yet.  I think Mike Brown has finally gotten out of the way and let guys like Tobin do their jobs.

Ownership involves much more than coaching.

Which on OTHER teams, would be true... but on the Mike Brown Bengals, it is not.

For example, Paul Alexander has been here since 1994, 9 years before Marvin. He also inherited Bob Bratkowski and Jim Anderson, among others, I am sure.

So I highly doubt Marvin has full say in his coaching staff.

Reply/Quote
Ditto on Eifert. He is a game changer to the offense.
Reply/Quote
As you say O-line is a giant question mark. After that I'm a bit concerned about RDE and Kicker.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown. 26 years and counting!!
Reply/Quote
Well, there are a lot of grammatical errors by their fans on this message board...?

Seriously, I think the biggest weakness is the unproven talent and lack of depth on the offensive line, especially the tackle position. Other than that, I see most position groups as good as almost any in the league.

That, as Marv would say, is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
Offensive line but that's like saying " hey our nation can defend itself from foreign attackers but we have one weakness. We don't have an army!" Point being it's a pretty big deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd have to say o line and perhaps CB.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 12:58 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd have to say o line and perhaps CB.

I don't see how CB is a weakness? Maybe it's not exactly a strength  (although WJ3 could help make it so), but Pacman and Kirkpatrick are solid. Shaw ain't bad either. 

Reply/Quote
We won't fully know our weaknesses until the playoffs ( if we get there ).
Our opponents will really accurately analyze this team, whereas our " self scouting " will remain ineffective.
This theory of mine is based on recent past playoff results in Marvins' era.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 07:22 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Offensive line is an unknown.

Other than that, what other holes are there?

Maybe the city is a weakness. I spent a couple days in downtown Cincinnati this week and neither saw, nor heard, ANYTHING about the BENGALS including bistro TVs. I would never have known there was an NFL team in Cincinnati. What a disappointing experience.
Reply/Quote
Play-calling.

It was pretty bad last year, especially in the red zone.

The Bengals have had a top 10 red zone scoring offense every year since 2013......except for last year where they ranked 18th.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 09:29 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Ditto on Eifert.  He is a game changer to the offense.
I agree he is but he should not be. We should have more options then just Eifert in the red zone. We have good route runners with good hands these guys can catch touchdowns too.
(08-02-2017, 02:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Play-calling.

The Bengals have had a top 10 red zone scoring offense every year since 2013......except for last year where they ranked 18th.

I hope Dalton learning to trust the new WR on the team helps in the red zone. Zamp in his second year might help also.

My concerns are LB Vigil moving to a new spot. DE across from Dunlap can MJ find the fire and hunger he lost when he left the Bengals. I wont call a rookie a weakness till he proves he is one. So depth is my only other concern. Lets hope the O line plays good enough to give Dalton time to throw.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 02:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Play-calling.

I'll 2nd this

I'm not at all convinced the Zmeister is an NFL level play caller
Reply/Quote