Poll: How many pass TDs will Dalton have by the end of his career?
Under 200
200-224
225-249
250-274
275-299
300 or above
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many TD passes will Dalton throw in his career?
(07-22-2015, 04:46 PM)Utts Wrote: I don't see it.

He'll probably be a starter somewhere, although not a very good one. As others have mentioned there are about 8-10 teams that would actually love to have Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
Do we just include to ones to his teammates?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It really depends on how this year goes. If he has a bad or so-so year, the Bengals may decide to walk away after this year. Then who knows what his opportunities will be. On the other hand, with a healthy AJ, Jones, and Eifert, we may see another 33 TD season, stay our starter, and have a great career.. I'm not sure how to vote in this poll.
Reply/Quote
Dalton will be the bengals starter for the next 7 or 8 years. He will easily finish with over 300 TDs and likely break every team passing record there is.

He will also likely finish his career with more playoff wins than all other former bengals QBs combined.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 06:24 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Dalton will be the bengals starter for the next 7 or 8 years. He will easily finish with over 300 TDs and likely break every team passing record there is.

He will also likely finish his career with more playoff wins than all other former bengals QBs combined.

I missed you, Pong.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 06:24 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Dalton will be the bengals starter for the next 7 or 8 years. He will easily finish with over 300 TDs and likely break every team passing record there is.

I mean he'd have to win 6 playoff games. That's a hard feat.

Then again, Matt Hasselbeck won 5 playoff games throughout his career. So it's possible.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 06:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean he'd have to win 6 playoff games. That's a hard feat.

Then again, Matt Hasselbeck won 5 playoff games throughout his career. So it's possible.

I don't think it'll be that hard for him. I think winning playoff games for him will be a pretty regular occurrence.

He will be coming into his prime soon, and the team around him will be good enough where they aren't just barely sneaking into the playoffs as the last seed or second to last seed and having to play opening round games on the road in hostile, noisy, domed stadiums against superior teams like they've had to pretty much every year so far.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do we just include to ones to his teammates?

[Image: zing.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 05:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see why anyone would think that. Guys like Fitzpatrick, Hoyer and Bradford find jobs every year because there just aren't enough good starters to go around. Even the biggest Dalton bashers should admit that Dalton is better than those guys. Barring injury or a sudden change, the likelihood of there being 32 better QB's than Dalton is slim to none.

Some of these rookie QB's will bust. Guys like Peyton, Brady and Brees will retire. Dalton will have plenty of suitors if we move on from him.

Agreed.  By my mind there are teams that would take Dalton now:

BUF
NYJ
CLE
HOU
WAS
STL

and then there are teams that are going to be down a starter in the next few years

DEN
SD (if Rivers does want to move on)
KC (how long can they really stick with Alex Smith?)
PHI (if Bradford is a bust as a trade)
CHI
STL
AZ

I wouldn't say Dalton is a slam-dunk for any of these teams but there are going to be opportunities his resume would afford him.  Again, Dave Kreig was a half-starter for almost 2 decades so Dalton could likely stretch his career if he wants.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 12:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  By my mind there are teams that would take Dalton now:

BUF
NYJ
CLE
HOU
WAS
STL

and then there are teams that are going to be down a starter in the next few years

DEN
SD (if Rivers does want to move on)
KC (how long can they really stick with Alex Smith?)
PHI (if Bradford is a bust as a trade)
CHI
STL
AZ

I wouldn't say Dalton is a slam-dunk for any of these teams but there are going to be opportunities his resume would afford him.  Again, Dave Kreig was a half-starter for almost 2 decades so Dalton could likely stretch his career if he wants.

I thought I would look for rookie QB's who started all or most of their team's games as a rookie. Some get upset if we look to far back stating different rules and so forth so I used post new CBA or starting with the 2011 season. I found it is rare for a rookie to start game 1 and more rare for those who started year 1 to still be the starter 3 years later. I found this article.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476737/article/evaluating-production-of-rookie-qbs-in-past-five-draft-classes

It looks at the draft classes since 2011. I found it interesting.

As far as Dalton goes, if AD stays healthy he exceeds 200 TD's in his career easily. I agree he will start somewhere for the next 8 to 10 years. I hope we don't pull a Sand Diego move and give up (Brees) and then watch him leave and prove a lot of people wrong. This article shows how tough it is for a rookie to step in and win as a rookie in week 1. Dalton has never missed the playoffs. Yes, the Bengals had some great regular season defenses from 2011 to 2013. Then in 2014, the defense was ranked 22nd and closer to bad than average. Yet, even with all of the injuries to our skilled players and OL, we made the playoffs.

Winning and losing is on the entire team of players, coaches and yes the QB plays a major role. A lot of fans threw AD under the bus when the team lost a game, yet they can't be seen or heard to give AD credit for doing more than the defense in 2014 to get into the playoffs.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's really hard to say as is everything with Dalton. I mean he's shown he can put up the big numbers. But, yes there's the well butt with everything Andy. He's shown he can stink bad as we all well know.

I'm going to say Dalton turns it around this year and finally gets going.

250+
Reply/Quote
I could see Dalton starting a lot of other places, but I can also see their fanbases following his first down game with "We know what Dalton can/can't do, let's put ______ in and see what we have in him." The usual stuff, really.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is good enough to guide the team into the playoffs. Once the team gets a playoff win its hard seeing him go elsewhere. But even if that doesn't happen the chances of him going to the bench anytime soon are slim. He's a starting quality QB.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 12:25 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Dalton is good enough to guide the team into the playoffs. Once the team gets a playoff win its hard seeing him go elsewhere. But even if that doesn't happen the chances of him going to the bench anytime soon are slim. He's a starting quality QB.

What if the Bengals win 8-10 games this year but don't make the playoffs?  We keep assuming Dalton is going to be playing with the Bengals in an opening-round playoff game, but we have to get there before we see what he does the 5th time in a row.  Plus, it's possible to be a good team that just doesn't get in.  I think the Bengals will make the playoffs in 2015 but I feel like too many people already KNOW we are going to find out if Dalton can win a playoff game in 2015 already.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 12:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What if the Bengals win 8-10 games this year but don't make the playoffs?  We keep assuming Dalton is going to be playing with the Bengals in an opening-round playoff game, but we have to get there before we see what he does the 5th time in a row.  Plus, it's possible to be a good team that just doesn't get in.  I think the Bengals will make the playoffs in 2015 but I feel like too many people already KNOW we are going to find out if Dalton can win a playoff game in 2015 already.

Most fans know it is tough to make the playoffs 3 years in a row, it has been almost impossible for many teams to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. Add in we are in the AFCN or "division of death" with 2 teams in Super Bowl talk every year and one the Browns that could have a top 5 defense so I know another playoff berth will be well deserved if it happens.

We don't play in the weak AFCS which only has one dominant team the Colts and a couple of doormats the Titans and the Jags with an average Texans team. If so, I would be very confident if we switched places with Indy. Of course, that is not going to happen so the playoffs in 2015 would be a great accomplishment getting there 5 years in a row. Most experts are throwing us out of the mix in 2015 so they don't think we are playoff caliber either.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Most fans know it is tough to make the playoffs 3 years in a row, it has been almost impossible for many teams to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. Add in we are in the AFCN or "division of death" with 2 teams in Super Bowl talk every year and one the Browns that could have a top 5 defense so I know another playoff berth will be well deserved if it happens.

We don't play in the weak AFCS which only has one dominant team the Colts and a couple of doormats the Titans and the Jags with an average Texans team. If so, I would be very confident if we switched places with Indy. Of course, that is not going to happen so the playoffs in 2015 would be a great accomplishment getting there 5 years in a row. Most experts are throwing us out of the mix in 2015 so they don't think we are playoff caliber either.

Right, I'm just saying it seems people expect to judge Dalton's viability as a starter going forward based on whether he wins or loses a playoff game in 2015.  So, if he plays well in the regular season but we don't get in because the Texans, or Dolphins, or Bills take our wild card spot then how do we judge him?

Or does everyone just continue to push his own agenda either way? haha
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, I'm just saying it seems people expect to judge Dalton's viability as a starter going forward based on whether he wins or loses a playoff game in 2015.  So, if he plays well in the regular season but we don't get in because the Texans, or Dolphins, or Bills take our wild card spot then how do we judge him?

Or does everyone just continue to push his own agenda either way? haha

Those with an agenda, we all know who they are, will continue to push it no matter what happens.  Facts have not been important to them in years.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:49 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Those with an agenda, we all know who they are, will continue to push it no matter what happens.  Facts have not been important to them in years.

I think they use facts if they are negative. They ignore anything remotely positive. But, this is a small list in this forum as most are very objective with AD and the entire team.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Most fans know it is tough to make the playoffs 3 years in a row, it has been almost impossible for many teams to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. Add in we are in the AFCN or "division of death" with 2 teams in Super Bowl talk every year and one the Browns that could have a top 5 defense so I know another playoff berth will be well deserved if it happens.

For at least the past two to three years, most "experts" have been putting the Bengals in the list of "X in, X out of this year's playoffs" as being out, yet every year the Bengals have clawed their way in every time. Given what these "experts" keep predicting the Bengals to do, the Bengals are exceeding those expectations every year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 02:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For at least the past two to three years, most "experts" have been putting the Bengals in the list of "X in, X out of this year's playoffs" as being out, yet every year the Bengals have clawed their way in every time. Given what these "experts" keep predicting the Bengals to do, the Bengals are exceeding those expectations every year.

Actually, it seems like the experts are already wondering if the Bengals will fail again in this year's playoff first round.  I think it's just a given we are going to win 10 games and get a wild card by this point.

Will it happen?  [Image: emot-iiam.gif]
Reply/Quote