Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many are done as fans if Zac Taylor gets a third year??
Seems like so many of us are frustrated and sick of this Zac Taylor era already. With other teams making moves while we sit on our hands as usual waiting to see what happens at the end of the year. Regardless of what coordinators and position coaches may be let go me personally I dont think I can continue to support this team with Zac Taylor leading it. While i dont feel everything is his fault I dont think hes capable of being a 500 football coach. Look at some other young coaches that are managing to win without some of there star players. Heres to hoping this era is quickly closing and we are onto greener pastures
Reply/Quote
And here we go...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Get rid of Lou and Turner, at this point.

If everything is still shitty after that, then he will have had his three years and he's gotta go.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I would definitely be done watching/supporting the organization..The fire the assistants and bring in a new staff thing just wouldn't work mainly because zac has zero creditability..Why would any experienced assistants want to come and work under zac with his record??

You either can everybody and move on or you bring them all back don't think there's much of a middle ground..
Reply/Quote
Wow, another "I'm leaving" "I just can't support this team any longer" thread. Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, another "I'm leaving" "I just can't support this team any longer" thread. Cry Cry Cry

They looked good in the color rush unis yesterday though... Huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As far as I’m concerned, being a fan is a lifelong commitment. Will I expect much? Probably not.. But keeping ZT for a 3rd year isn’t making me turn in my fan card.
Reply/Quote
I'll watch again if Turner and Anarumo are replaced.
I'd prefer Taylor gone too, but that's not a deal breaker for me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, another "I'm leaving" "I just can't support this team any longer" thread.  Cry  Cry  Cry

I do believe we made it through last night without one, is that a record?
Reply/Quote
How many YEARS did people say the same thing wanting ML gone? And then every year after the draft and in training camp the fanbase would be all amped up for the coming season. It's a cycle of optimism and dashed hopes. But I think that's just the straw drawn for anyone who's a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
Tomkat and Trademark, come get your boy.
Reply/Quote
If Taylor gets another year, then whatever. Let him finish his contract. If they keep this exact same coaching staff in tact for another year (ie retain the incompetent twits Anarumo and Turner), then I won’t be watching at all next year. There will be no reason to. Plus it would do wonders for my overall health. Spending my Sunday’s frustration and alcohol free won’t be such a bad thing
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Get rid of Lou and Turner, at this point.

If everything is still shitty after that, then he will have had his three years and he's gotta go.

My concern is that Taylor won't be able to find anyone decent, especially at DC, with the league knowing he has to produce in 2021.  At this point, it the most logical move is to fire everyone and start anew.  
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:29 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: How many YEARS did people say the same thing wanting ML gone?  And then every year after the draft and in training camp the fanbase would be all amped up for the coming season.  It's a cycle of optimism and dashed hopes.  But I think that's just the straw drawn for anyone who's a Bengals fan...

The only time i think people wanted marvin gone and were pumped for the season despite him not being gone was after 2010 and that's only because Carson and Chad and TO made themselves into such scapegoats that it was easy to declare them the problem and rally around Marvin (who also vowed to not come back after 2010 unless changes were made before caving in).
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:51 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: My concern is that Taylor won't be able to find anyone decent, especially at DC, with the league knowing he has to produce in 2021.  At this point, it the most logical move is to fire everyone and start anew.  

Agreed. As I've said before ZT had little recruiting power at 0-0 so now that he's possibly going to be 4-27-1 his recruiting power should be at rock bottom.  Only thing I csn think of is a decent coordinator who is lobbying for ZT to get fired so he can take over and that's hardly a great environment. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:51 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: My concern is that Taylor won't be able to find anyone decent, especially at DC, with the league knowing he has to produce in 2021.  At this point, it the most logical move is to fire everyone and start anew.  

See, that's how us fans see it; the reality is, we don't know how he is perceived and how the sitch is perceived (not saying your perception is wrong, but we simply don't know).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm still going to watch them no matter how bad they are because it's a day where I can go hang out with my dad, brother and bring my son for the afternoon. 

When the Bengals are good, we watch and enjoy and when they're bad, the game is more background noise as we talk about our week, our life etc.

I don't think I'd ever be totally done with the Bengals because that would essentially mean I'm done with football and this little tradition would end.

But if Taylor gets a third year, I'll definitely continue to think this team is a joke and continue to not spend a dime on them.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: See, that's how us fans see it; the reality is, we don't know how he is perceived and how the sitch is perceived (not saying your perception is wrong, but we simply don't know).

When was the last time we fired or lost a coach and replaced him with someine equal to or better?

Zampese to Lazor is one but ....

Marvin to ZT
No DC to sweet Lou?
Anyone to Turner?
Hue to Zampese
Lazor to Callahan?
Gunther to Austin
Zimmer to Gunther
Gruden to Hue?

Bratkowski to Gruden was a good step, but did I miss anything?  Oof.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When was the last time we fired or lost a coach and replaced him with someine equal to or better?

Zampese to Lazor is one but ....

Marvin to ZT
No DC to sweet Lou?
Anyone to Turner?
Hue to Zampese
Lazor to Callahan?
Gunther to Austin
Zimmer to Gunther
Gruden to Hue?

Bratkowski to Gruden was a good step, but did I miss anything?  Oof.

Alexander to Pollack maybe? I know the Jets suck ass but I still think he’s regarded as one of the better OL coaches.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tomkat and Trademark, come get your boy.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote