Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many are done as fans if Zac Taylor gets a third year??
(11-30-2020, 10:35 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Seems like so many of us are frustrated and sick of this Zac Taylor era already. With other teams making moves while we sit on our hands as usual waiting to see what happens at the end of the year. Regardless of what coordinators and position coaches may be let go me personally I dont think I can continue to support this team with Zac Taylor leading it. While i dont feel everything is his fault I dont think hes capable of being a 500 football coach. Look at some other young coaches that are managing to win without some of there star players. Heres to hoping this era is quickly closing and we are onto greener pastures

lulzies.

As annoyed as i get on game day and as much as i despise Zac, and moreso, Mike Brown, i will not be "done" with the Bengals if Zac gets another year. The only thing it will take is a couple wins and anyone that loves football and has orange and black blood will be right back here screaming "Who Dey!". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's actually a good point even though I think your being sarcastic. Taylor got late start in year 1 because of SB. Year two was no pre-season and covid. Now, you might think that since other teams had to ordeal the same, that point is not valid. However, I believe it is since his first year was crap. He's trying to rebuild. I think pre-season would of helped that. Could be wrong. It happens sometimes.

His utterly abysmal record in every single facet of coaching should overrule all that. Every single facet. There's nothing that points to him being anywhere near decent or promising as a HC. 

Except his mouth. He's a snake oil salesman and Mike has some really dry snakes. 

DISCLAIMER: Absolutely none of this should be taken as a double entendre. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wasn't going to, until I saw the disclaimer, lol
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
If Zimmer is fired at any point and we lose out on him for a second time, I will still watch the Bengals' games.

I will watch these contests in the same way a random pedestrian watches a car crash. I want this to benefit me in someway, but it will only break up families.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's a fluff piece. There was recent interview/article (Nov 17th) in the Athletic by Dan Pompei about Marvin and he talked about what happened. 

Mike sat him down and told him it was over. Marvin would have wanted to keep coaching the Bengals. He STILL wants to keep coaching and get back into the NFL. Marvin just hated all of the other stuff that went with being the head coach of the Bengals. The stuff not about football he was responsible for.

The idea that Marvin left "mutually" was put to bed by Marvin himself. Not the case. Mike Brown just let him ride it out so he didn't technically "get fired" because they were friends.

So, Marvin has said different things over time. At the press conference, he said:

'Mike and I both decided it’s time. I think it’s a tough moment for both of us, but we both realized.'

Then, a few months later on Sirius XM, he talked about the burn out factor and needing a change. 

Now, he's saying the decision was basically Mike's, and he didn't 'volunteer' to leave. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:35 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Seems like so many of us are frustrated and sick of this Zac Taylor era already. With other teams making moves while we sit on our hands as usual waiting to see what happens at the end of the year. Regardless of what coordinators and position coaches may be let go me personally I dont think I can continue to support this team with Zac Taylor leading it. While i dont feel everything is his fault I dont think hes capable of being a 500 football coach. Look at some other young coaches that are managing to win without some of there star players. Heres to hoping this era is quickly closing and we are onto greener pastures

I bleed black and orange every Sunday. It is not easy being a bengals fan. If you can’t handle the heat you can’t be a bengals fan. We have something to look forward to just about every 10 year or so. By my calculation we only have about 7 or 8 more years and we will light it up. Come on 2028. New Dey.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 03:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, Marvin has said different things over time. At the press conference, he said:

'Mike and I both decided it’s time. I think it’s a tough moment for both of us, but we both realized.'

Then, a few months later on Sirius XM, he talked about the burn out factor and needing a change. 

Now, he's saying the decision was basically Mike's, and he didn't 'volunteer' to leave. 

You can believe whichever vision you wish. Option #3 is the most plausible and realistic.
Reply/Quote
Spoiler Alert*

Tune in next Monday morning for the newest "I am quitting the Bengals" episode. I have a humdinger waiting to paste and copy for YOUR entertainment. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been following this franchise since the '80s. I'll still be around to experience the disappointment even when Zac is retained.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:12 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is it bad to say I’ve been checked out for years?  Asking for a friend.

Nothing will change until there’s real change at the top of the franchise.  If it weren’t for you fine folks I’d have switched allegiances to another team by now.  You all have a way of sucking me back in every year.

Same here. I pretty much checked out in 2010 when Marvin was brought back. My excitement rose a bit when they finally bounced him out the door only to see them hire a low level assistant with a poor track record to take over. 

At this point I have zero faith that even if they did fire Taulpr this off season that they would shell out the money and go after a legitimate HC. 
Reply/Quote
I’m usually of the opinion that you give a guy a solid roster before you give up. That’s why i was so done with Marvin Lewis, we had a great roster for most of his run. ZT has a BAD ROSTER. ANY coach we have would fail here.

With that said ZT has been really bad. His whole staff has actually been bad. ZT is pure trash. We got the wrong coach from the Rams
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Lou & Turner MUST go.

ZT is optional.
Reply/Quote
When we hired ZT and his crew I said that they could be OK, but if they ended up sucking it was going to be a very unsurprising sort of thing, and here we are.

It's like when you find out the other guy from Wham made a solo album. You know he didn't do anything in Wham, you know you can't even name him, you know you've never heard of the one album he made in 1990 but you DON'T know that it's going to be bad...so then you listen to it and it's bad and you're like "Yeah, this is bad and I'm not surprised it's bad."

ZT being HC is the other guy from Wham having a solo career. It was brief, it was bad, it was unnecessary. Everyone saw it coming, really.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When we hired ZT and his crew I said that they could be OK, but if they ended up sucking it was going to be a very unsurprising sort of thing, and here we are.

It's like when you find out the other guy from Wham made a solo album.  You know he didn't do anything in Wham, you know you can't even name him, you know you've never heard of the one album he made in 1990 but you DON'T know that it's going to be bad...so then you listen to it and it's bad and you're like "Yeah, this is bad and I'm not surprised it's bad."

ZT being HC is the other guy from Wham having a solo career.  It was brief, it was bad, it was unnecessary.  Everyone saw it coming, really.
Well, Nately, there you go-go.
Reply/Quote