Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many are done as fans if Zac Taylor gets a third year??
(11-30-2020, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Alexander to Pollack maybe? I know the Jets suck ass but I still think he’s regarded as one of the better OL coaches.

AAh ok I knew there was someone in there I forgot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will always be a Bengal fan. Just not a fan of this losing shit. Taylor needs to go along with everybody else.

The team just finds ways to lose with him as the HC. Cannot even win 2 games in a row under this guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will always be a Bengal fan. Just not a fan of this losing shit. Taylor needs to go along with everybody else.

The team just finds ways to lose with him as the HC. Cannot even win 2 games in a row under this guy.

WhoDey2  Couldn't have said it better myself...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
We're all fans of mike brown, not the bengals. How's it sound? There is only 1 constant.
Reply/Quote
This team lacks talent and are decades away. 2021 season is already lost. What we have to ask ourselves is will the competition be too much this year with the HC vacancy's? and maybe 2022 will have less openings and thus maybe we'll get a good candidate.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: This team lacks talent and are decades away. 2021 season is already lost. What we have to ask ourselves is will the competition be too much this year with the HC vacancy's? and maybe 2022 will have less openings and thus maybe we'll get a good candidate.

Decades???? Really, Decades???? Drama much?
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to quit being a Bengals fan. But if ZT is brought back next season it's very likely my enthusiasm will be at an all time low going in.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not going to quit being a Bengals fan. But if ZT is brought back next season it's very likely my enthusiasm will be at an all time low going in.

How do they bring back a guy who owns the worst winning % in franchise history...and that history includes Dave Shula? Mellow

Seriously, how can they claim to be dedicated to building a winner, while also bringing back the franchise's biggest loser?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How do they bring back a guy who owns the worst winning % in franchise history...and that history includes Dave Shula? Mellow

Seriously, how can they claim to be dedicated to building a winner, while also bringing back the franchise's biggest loser?

They can't. They lost all credibility for claiming they want to win bringing back ML after 0-7 PO and a few losing season AFTER that. It's rather embarrassing, but this is their legacy not ours. It's how I cope with it lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not going to quit being a Bengals fan. But if ZT is brought back next season it's very likely my enthusiasm will be at an all time low going in.

Right, I will always be a fan but I have lost all hope that they know what they're doing and can deliver us a championship. At least we have each other Hilarious 

I am already preparing myself for Zach coming back next year. I've seen to many tweets saying they strongly believe he'll be back. I figured as much to, but with the locker room fiasco and being swept by the Browns I thought it would tip the scales. I cannot let myself believe these clowns will make a decision based off trying to win vs valuing loyalty over performance. There's way to strong of a track record to believe it's the latter.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How do they bring back a guy who owns the worst winning % in franchise history...and that history includes Dave Shula? Mellow

That's what is bafflingly depressing about the whole situation...that ZT is the losingest coach we've had and we are an organization that has been known for losing a lot for the past 30 years.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
I will always be a Bengal fan, but I'm not a fan of the coaches already. I gave them a fair chance but this team is a hot mess. Ready to find a better coaching staff.
Reply/Quote

It's just nuts I know buy it wouldn't shock me if MB pulls out his usual excuse list, injuries, lack of preseason, losing Burrow. We're gonna stay the course.

I believe MB wants to win. But like Nately says he wants to win like a fat girl wants to weigh 120 lbs. while laying on the couch watching Richard Simmons videos while eating a half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's just nuts I know buy it wouldn't shock me if MB pulls out his usual excuse list, injuries, lack of preseason, losing Burrow. We're gonna stay the course.

I believe MB wants to win. But like Nately says he wants to win like a fat girl wants to weigh 120 lbs. while laying on the couch watching Richard Simmons videos while eating a half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I dunno. Didn't he admit to public pressure being part of the reason to split with marvin? And that was someone he considered family.

I think if we lose out and people remain vocal, brown will cut bait. I don't think he wants to be known as having 2 of the bottom five coaches (three if you include hue, who is associated with the bengals as much as anyone).
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:54 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. Didn't he admit to public pressure being part of the reason to split with marvin? And that was someone he considered family.

I think if we lose out and people remain vocal, brown will cut bait. I don't think he wants to be known as having 2 of the bottom five coaches (three if you include hue, who is associated with the bengals as much as anyone).

He did reference that as part of the decision:

“We had lost some of the faith in our fanbase. That was clear. That sent a loud message. I think we’ve done it at the appropriate time."

But, the appropriate time in Mike's mind was 3 losing seasons after a humiliating meltdown / 7th playoff loss.  Mellow

Marvin also said he was burned out and it was time to part ways, and that the decision was a mutual one. If Marvin had wanted to return, would Mike still have made the decision to go another direction? Jerry
Reply/Quote

Agreed. I honestly believe coach Taylor’s days (weeks) are numbered.

Of course.... I thought the exact same thing about Marvin Lewis towards the end of the 2017 season (even before that erroneous announcement before the Vikings game). So what do I know?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When was the last time we fired or lost a coach and replaced him with someine equal to or better?

Zampese to Lazor is one but ....

Marvin to ZT
No DC to sweet Lou?
Anyone to Turner?
Hue to Zampese
Lazor to Callahan?
Gunther to Austin
Zimmer to Gunther
Gruden to Hue?

Bratkowski to Gruden was a good step, but did I miss anything?  Oof.

Damn....when you see the degradation of the coaching staff listed out like that its pretty grim.

Don't think the Zak Taylor coaching tree is going to be match for Bill Walsh's anytime soon.

Re : OP - I always stay loyal but the interest will definitely wane if yr 3 is like this...at that point i am only tuning in for Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He did reference that as part of the decision:

“We had lost some of the faith in our fanbase. That was clear. That sent a loud message. I think we’ve done it at the appropriate time."

But, the appropriate time in Mike's mind was 3 losing seasons after a humiliating meltdown / 7th playoff loss.  Mellow

Marvin also said he was burned out and it was time to part ways, and that the decision was a mutual one. If Marvin had wanted to return, would Mike still have made the decision to go another direction? Jerry

I never saw any reports that it was a mutual split, every press release that I read said Mike Brown made the decision to move on. Everything else was hearsay and exaggerations from fans on social media.
Reply/Quote
I think the Burrow injury makes this a more interesting conversation for the Brown family. If Burrow had a full season and didn't show any improvement, I think Taylor would have been done. With Burrow out, I don't know that they'll look at the season through the same lens now. And I feel that they would have given ZT three years anyway to try and build this his way. So I would be rather surprised to Taylor terminated after this year, but not getting anything past next year (or being replaced mid-year) if he has another hideous season.

I was hopeful when he was hired that Taylor would come in, bring in the right coaches and change the culture. But he appears to be letting his pride get in the way on the offensive side of the ball and putting too much faith in the rest of the staff that it'll work out, it's just going to take a few years to get there. And you know, I guess it's possible that next year it all clicks somehow. But what I see from the team right now is lack on both sides of the ball to really game plan well and adjust. It's stubbornness to the max. And the pride won't let them change their direction. And that's why I don't see Taylor ever turning it around.

As as much as I don't want to be the team that's running the coaching carousel, I think we're still several steps away from being Cleveland and it's time to try this again.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I never saw any reports that it was a mutual split, every press release that I read said Mike Brown made the decision to move on. Everything else was hearsay and exaggerations from fans on social media.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-marvin-lewis-mutually-decide-to-part-ways
Reply/Quote