Zero bullets in gun – Mike will hire the right Head Coach
1 bullet in gun – excellent chance Mike & the Organization make solid hire
2 bullets in gun – more hope than not that fans won’t get shot
3 bullets in gun – feeling like we have a 50/50 chance
4 bullets in gun – some hope but fans likely get shot
5 bullets in gun – fans have only a slim chance of not getting shot
6 bullets in gun – no chance Mike hires the right Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many bullets in Russian Roulette gun pointed at fans. Odds of wrong Coach - POLL
How many bullets are in the Russian Roulette gun Mike is pointing at fans ?

Odds Mike finds the Wrong Head Coach - POLL

(The Poll should be up in a few moments) 

How confident are you that fans don't take one to the head ?
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to maintain hope so I went 50/50
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:57 AM)depthchart Wrote: How many bullets are in the Russian Roulette gun Mike is pointing at fans ?

If MB is pointing it at the fans its not russian roulette. The fans would have to be pointing the guns at themselves.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: If MB is pointing it at the fans its not russian roulette. The fans would have to be pointing the guns at themselves.

I know but work with me here Beak. 

Mike would never point a gun at his own head but may carelessly wave the nozzle in the fans direction.

He may even enjoy waving it towards us.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
I went 50/50 because they are interviewing outside candidates as well as internal ones.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I went 50/50 because they are interviewing outside candidates as well as internal ones.

Mike may want to give his aging Stars a few more shots together in a similar system & with a similar Culture.

This is why I went with 4 bullets in the gun.

Mike may want a smoother transition from Marvin to the next guy is what worries me.
Reply/Quote
4 bullets. Hue, Joseph, Lazor, Simmons.
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope that he or whoever is actually in charge makes the right decision.

Reply/Quote
Hobspin, FWIW, made a statement to the effect of "he'd speculate that if they were going internal they'd have already done it"

It barely moves my hope needle.
Reply/Quote
I said two bullets. More hope than not. The only reason for my partial optimism is the potential coaching pool. The Front Office has decided to go offensive minded coach it seems. I know this doesn't rule out Hue Jackson but the fact they are interviewing Taylor, Waldron, Bieniemy, and McDaniels gives me hope. Still a chance to get shot in the head though. I mean, we are talking about an 83-year-old owner that has a need for familiarity.

I don't know if fans remember, but Katie is the one who pushed for Lewis not Mike Brown. Hopefully Katie has a strong voice this time.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
What is the "right" choice? There are a lot of unknowns in all of the candidates we are talking to. I feel like some people are dead set on "their guy" but the reality is that guy could bomb as bad as anyone. Deciding now if it was the right or wrong call seems disingenuous, other than it may not be the guy people want.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hobspin, FWIW, made a statement to the effect of "he'd speculate that if they were going internal they'd have already done it"

It barely moves my hope needle.

Mike may want to give the impression that the Search is all encompassing. (Internal & External)

An external candidate may have to WOW him while an internal candidate has him at Hello.

Wait and get the benefit (if any) of having fans believe an exhaustive search took place and the Internal guy beat out the rest.

All depends on how Mike views this whole thing and his impression of what he thinks fan reaction will be to his final choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I said two bullets.  More hope than not.  The only reason for my partial optimism is the potential coaching pool.  The Front Office has decided to go offensive minded coach it seems.  I know this doesn't rule out Hue Jackson but the fact they are interviewing Taylor, Waldron, Bieniemy, and McDaniels gives me hope.  Still a chance to get shot in the head though.  I mean, we are talking about an 83-year-old owner that has a need for familiarity.  

I don't know if fans remember, but Katie is the one who pushed for Lewis not Mike Brown.  Hopefully Katie has a strong voice this time.

Hopefully somebody can talk some sense into him !
Reply/Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBni_-tMNs
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: What is the "right" choice? There are a lot of unknowns in all of the candidates we are talking to. I feel like some people are dead set on "their guy" but the reality is that guy could bomb as bad as anyone. Deciding now if it was the right or wrong call seems disingenuous, other than it may not be the guy people want.

I think what most fans want at this point is true change.  What I want in particular is for Mike Brown to announce he is retiring.  

I believe that sticking with Lewis so long has tainted the average fan's perception of the other coaches that are or have been affiliated with the Bengals.  

The key word here is "change."  Going outside the organization would provide hope of change.  May not happen if Brown doesn't give the new Head Coach control over personnel  and draft options.  

Case in point, Big Whit.  Lewis was told that Whit would be re-signed to a new contract and was let go.  Brown gave Lewis more control but not all of the control.

My biggest fear is that Brown will hire a sycophant and use the Head Coach as an appendage to implement his boorish approach of controlling the team.  It is Mike Brown's team not the fans, contrary to what has been reported.  He has ideas on how to win and wants those ideas to be implemented.  Apparently the Bengals use a committee approach in making decisions and Brown is the tie-breaker.  

After 30 years or so, as a fan, many would like a fiery coach that takes no crap from players or anyone and will demand accountability to the point of winning a championship.    
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:14 PM)depthchart Wrote: I know but work with me here Beak. 

Mike would never point a gun at his own head but may carelessly wave the nozzle in the fans direction.

He may even enjoy waving it towards us.   Tongue

Barrel... The barrel of a gun at us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: Barrel... The barrel of a gun at us.

Think he meant muzzle
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think what most fans want at this point is true change. 

Bingo !

Everybody is dying for a new direction, renewed hope.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: Barrel... The barrel of a gun at us.

(01-03-2019, 02:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Think he meant muzzle

Barrel is a lot better than my nozzle choice.

Nozzle applies to the flow of fluid per my internet definition lookup.

Could be a water gun but I did say bullets so I better go with barrel.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Bad news even if there is just one bullet.

Mike uses a .45 automatic for Russian roulette.
Reply/Quote