Poll: How many times will the Bengals be shutout the rest of the season?
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many games the Bengals are shutout the rest of the year?
How many games are the Bengals shutout the rest of the year?

I am not talking not scoring a TD, I mean a big Goose egg 0.

Here is the rest of the schedule.  

Giants
Miami
Dallas
Steelers
Houston
Ravens
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Half of those teams are pretty bad and the other half can blow us out to the point where they play prevent defense for 3 quarters. Also, ZT has shown he's the type of guy who will go for a FG when he's down by multiple TDs just to avoid a shut-out SO it doesn't take much faith to say 0 shutouts.

Zero. I could see us scoring 3-10 points in all of them, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Half of those teams are pretty bad and the other half can blow us out to the point where they play prevent defense for 3 quarters.  Also, ZT has shown he's the type of guy who will go for a FG when he's down by multiple TDs just to avoid a shut-out SO it doesn't take much faith to say 0 shutouts.

Zero.  I could see us scoring 3-10 points in all of them, though.

You think we are scoring 3 points with Finley against the Steelers?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Once.

Shutting out a team is hard and Taylor has shown he's 100% willing to kick a FG in the 4th quarter while down huge.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:19 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You think we are scoring 3 points with Finley against the Steelers?  Hilarious

Yes.  I think over the course of 60 minutes the Steelers get lazy or put in their backups and Bullock nails a totally meaningless field goal to make it 3-37 or something.

You can only get shut out if you turn the ball over every time and/or play for TDs the whole game.  Finley will throw enough 1 yard passes that Higgins will get us into range and Bullock goes all HOF-kicker on a meaningless one. ZT will play 60 minutes of football with the goal of getting a single FG. It'll happen.  Book it!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Once.

Shutting out a team is hard and Taylor has shown he's 100% willing to kick a FG in the 4th quarter while down huge.

If I had to pick the shut-out, it'll be Baltimore. As pissy as they were about the FG earlier, they will stay in attack mode the entire game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:19 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You think we are scoring 3 points with Finley against the Steelers?  Hilarious

We scored 10 against them last year with Finley.

Weak trolling.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:52 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: How many games are the Bengals shutout the rest of the year?

I am not talking not scoring a TD, I mean a big Goose egg 0.

Here is the rest of the schedule.  

Giants
Miami
Dallas
Steelers
Houston
Ravens

At least two.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We scored 10 against them last year with Finley.

Weak trolling.

Who were the Steeler QB's that game??

Try 
Mason Rudolph and
Devlin Hodges
Inept Offense that kept Bengals in the game. 

This year Big Ben. The game will be over by the Fist Half and I am being generous. 

You = Stupid trolling. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Half of those teams are pretty bad and the other half can blow us out to the point where they play prevent defense for 3 quarters.  Also, ZT has shown he's the type of guy who will go for a FG when he's down by multiple TDs just to avoid a shut-out SO it doesn't take much faith to say 0 shutouts.

Zero.  I could see us scoring 3-10 points in all of them, though.
WhoDey2 Exactly what I told a co-worker today except I added that we'd be blown out and shutout by The Ratbirds and Shittsville...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:31 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Who were the Steeler QB's that game??

Try 
Mason Rudolph and
Devlin Hodges
Inept Offense that kept Bengals in the game. 

This year Big Ben. The game will be over by the Fist Half and I am being generous. 

You = Stupid trolling. 

Never knew Ben played Defense...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Yeah, by the time teams are up 20+ points on us it will be garbage time for their third stringers and we'll get some late meaningless scores.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never knew Ben played Defense...

Uhmmm,

Try Prolonged Time of Possession or Drives with Ben rather then 3 and out with Rudolf or the Duck.  
Reply/Quote
Spent four days on that response and it didn't make any sense.

Thanks for proving my point.
Reply/Quote
None... Shut outs are pretty rare. No? I think they'll average around 13 points a game though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never knew Ben played Defense...

Not agreeing on the Steeler shutout... but a better QB can mean longer drives with the lead as they run an efficient offense at converting 3rd downs which also means less likely to have to punt deep from your own territory.

So less chances for your offense to be on the field and worse field position when it does takes the field normally leads to less points.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was waiting for Fatso to ding a miss this game but Brando did him a solid by fumbling.

I agree with Nate, we'll put up meaningless points when the game is decided and Zac will remark his usual platitudes and reminisce on his four wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 01:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not agreeing on the Steeler shutout... but a better QB can mean longer drives with the lead as they run an efficient offense at converting 3rd downs which also means less likely to have to punt deep from your own territory.

So less chances for your offense to be on the field and worse field position when it does takes the field normally leads to less points.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e4783yk8p4h8psht8nnbjs...d=200w.gif][Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e4783yk8p4h8psht8nnbjs...d=200w.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote