0 0%
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many more games will Dalton start this season
Figure this could be our test as fans of how well we know this team. I'm going to be optimistic and go with 4. with this atrocious oline. because i believe Finley won't last. I like Dolegala more as a overall prospect but he wouldn't last behind this oline either.
Reply/Quote
0. He’s done as the starting QB of the Cincinnati Bengals.

You have to give Finley a fair look. Not just a few games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 0. He’s done as the starting QB of the Cincinnati Bengals.

You have to give Finley a fair look. Not just a few games.

They protect QB yes but our Oline is awful and Andy's quick release masked much of that Finley isn't a plus athlete Like Deshaun or Russel plus his delivery is slow even with AJ Green back we are still screwed
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:31 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: They protect QB yes but our Oline is awful and Andy's quick release masked much of that Finley isn't a plus athlete Like Deshaun or Russel plus his delivery is slow even with AJ Green back we are still screwed

You can talk about quick release all you want, but Dalton has brought MANY of the sacks and pressure on himself this season. He’s a damn statue back there.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can talk about quick release all you want, but Dalton has brought MANY of the sacks and pressure on himself this season. He’s a damn statue back there.

Exactly

Dalton's pocket awareness/blitz and pressure recognition has always been average at best to poor. Recently he's just been flat out freezing !

Barring injury I doubt he starts at all again this season. You have to have a several game look at the backups.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor will start Jake Dolegala before he will ever let Andy Dalton on the field again.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

Dalton's pocket awareness/blitz and pressure recognition has always been average at best to poor. Recently he's just been flat out freezing !

Barring injury I doubt he starts at all again this season. You have to have a several game look at the backups.

that's not very true he was one in the best in the league vs the blitz when he had a OC with any level of compotence
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:33 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor will start Jake Dolegala before he will ever let Andy Dalton on the field again.

That would be the right choice in my mind. The toothpaste probably can't go back in the tube in this case. 
Reply/Quote
Well, we know that no matter how Finley plays against the Ravens, he's going to at least get 1 more start. It's his first game so even if he throws 5 INTs, he's going to get one more game. Now, if he's thrown 10 INTs in his first 2 starts, then, we'll either see Dolegala or Dalton again. As I don't think he'll do THAT badly, I think he's going to get AT LEAST 3 games if not the full 8. If he doesn't get all 8 games, I think it's more likely that Zac wants to give Dolegala a shot before Dalton gets back ou tthere.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bump for more votes
Reply/Quote
Nobody guessed 5 my guess was 6.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of surprised nobody voted for our old Dartmouth QB to start..
Anyway...Andy's back. I sort of hope he has a great finish to this season if for no other reason than he's still a nice guy....at least according to the now famous bengals.com reports.. And NO! Hobson has never stretched the truth even a tiny little bit.  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote