Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many players are actually important out of 53?
(08-30-2023, 09:38 PM)Housh Wrote: We are all diehards if we took the time to make an account here so i won’t draw out the question.

How many of the 53 roster spots actually matter? Obviously 22.

So 53-22=31. At LEAST another 11 are important rotational guys.

So 31-11=20. You get 7 draft picks a year so let’s just say you rock as a scout and all 7 of your draft picks are important.

So 20-7=13

How many of these 13 spots actually matter?

I’m of the opinion that EVERY single spot matters.

I go into every season thinking ALL 53 players will have at least 1 nexus event that will lead to a win or a loss.

So if you see me on here caring a little too much about the last roster spots that is why. Lol
How many players are important out of 53 ?

All of them.  The chain being no stronger than the weakest link theory.  Case in point, look what happen start of last season when Bengals Long Snapper got injured and nobody able to take his place and it cost Bengals a loss in a close game.  Everybodys Job Is Important.  There is no I in Team. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 09:38 PM)Housh Wrote: We are all diehards if we took the time to make an account here so i won’t draw out the question.

How many of the 53 roster spots actually matter? Obviously 22.

So 53-22=31. At LEAST another 11 are important rotational guys.

So 31-11=20. You get 7 draft picks a year so let’s just say you rock as a scout and all 7 of your draft picks are important.

So 20-7=13

How many of these 13 spots actually matter?

I’m of the opinion that EVERY single spot matters.

I go into every season thinking ALL 53 players will have at least 1 nexus event that will lead to a win or a loss.

So if you see me on here caring a little too much about the last roster spots that is why. Lol

Did you forget our Kicker, punter and long snapper (one getting hurt gave us a loss against Steelers in game one last year.

So, 25 starters.

Then there is 18 who play special teams so most starters can be saved injury. I count ST players as starters.

As for the rest of the 53, we need 48 on game day. As the year wears on many players miss a game or 2 so as you look at the inactive list, some will be starters needing replaced due to injury. There will be plays who get hurt and go on IR, the non starters become starters.

Depth is very important so I think all 53 on the active and 5 or so on the practice squad are very imortant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote