Poll: How many wins does Zac need to save his job?
1 win
2 wins
3 wins
4 wins
5 wins
6 wins
He should be fired now. No amount of wins will change my mind.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many wins for Zac Taylor to save his job?
How many wins does Zac need to keep his job in your mind?

I'm guessing he needs to win 1 game in the organizations eyes. In my eyes, he needs to win 5. In a lot of peoples eyes, he should be fired for the risk he put Joe in, and the ability he's shown overall as a coach (only 4 wins in 2 seasons).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said 4 but he is S.O.L. without Joe. Without Joe we see what this team really is... very very bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I said 4 but he is S.O.L. without Joe. Without Joe we see what this team really is... very very bad.

Yeah. I really don't want to watch. Not sure if I will yet. I pretty much didn't watch a game in 2016 after the playoff meltdown and losing our offensive line. But there's not much to do right now with Covid cases sky high and having the winter off from work. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
He just got at least a one year extension if not two counting joe recovery.
Reply/Quote
I want him gone, but I'd be borderline impressed if he manages to squeeze a win out of a team quarterbacked by Finley.
Reply/Quote
IMO... thus far Zac has not shown me squat in terms of coaching ability. He did beat Tennessee. That is one win in 2 years that was impressive. I attribute that more to Burrow being so damn good though.

Zac needs to prove to me that his coaching can win games on its own. He needs to win 5 games. He needs to steal a win from either the Ravens or Steelers. If he can't prove his coaching alone can win games, of what is his use? This is a coaches league. We can find a coach that can win games with coaching alone. Pair him with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Where's the "zero" option, because he can be winless the rest of the way and will still stick around. Joe's injury just gave that bum a free pass to 2021.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Where's the "zero" option, because he can be winless the rest of the way and will still stick around.  Joe's injury just gave that bum a free pass to 2021.

I guess I assumed everyone on the boards at least requires him to win 1 game. The organization likely gives him a free pass and doesn't even require 1 win. But this question is more directed towards the board. Personally, how many wins would it take for him to stay in his position according to your personal standards for coaching ability.
Reply/Quote
Pro Tip: Always make polls public (there's a checkbox for this), so we can see how voted for what.
Reply/Quote
What if he beat the Steelers without Burrow...

LOL who am I kiddin
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Pro Tip: Always make polls public (there's a checkbox for this), so we can see how voted for what.

So we can see who voted  in each category? Okay, I wasn't sure if people like to remain anonymous in their voting or not. Maybe we should do a poll on it, lol But I can make it public on future polls if that's what you guys want.
Reply/Quote
To put things in perspective, Zac would have to go 4-2 the rest of the way just to achieve Shula level.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:59 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I guess I assumed everyone on the boards at least requires him to win 1 game. The organization likely gives him a free pass and doesn't even require 1 win. But this question is more directed towards the board. Personally, how many wins would it take for him to stay in his position according to your personal standards for coaching ability.

The question was how many games does he need to save his job, implying the FO making the call.  But, as you phrased it in your reply, assuming we were a professional organization actually trying to win championships, he should have needed six wins this season to save his job.  However, as you also pointed out, there is likely no such requirement and he'll skate into 2021.  To the detriment of everyone, sadly.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Any other franchise would have canned him.by.now
Ive seen other coaches win.more than.ZT yet get fired for less
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: How many wins does Zac need to keep his job in your mind?

I'm guessing he needs to win 1 game in the organizations eyes. In my eyes, he needs to win 5. In a lot of peoples eyes, he should be fired for the risk he put Joe in, and the ability he's shown overall as a coach (only 4 wins in 2 seasons).

Zero.

Brown won't fire him now, no matter what.
Reply/Quote
Fire this ***** right now...
Reply/Quote
No amount of wins at this point should save his job. He should be canned. He doesn’t know how to playcall, he doesn’t know how to game plan (evidenced by Steelers game off the bye), he doesn’t know how to win games.
Reply/Quote
Burrow's injury bought Taylor another year, regardless of how the rest of this season goes.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:54 PM)samhain Wrote: I want him gone, but I'd be borderline impressed if he manages to squeeze a win out of a team quarterbacked by Finley.

I have a feeling Perine and Gio will go off against Dallas and get a win...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Burrow's injury bought Taylor another year, regardless of how the rest of this season goes.

And it should be the thing that sends him packing. Zac Taylors ineptness shows the second Burrow is gone. 17 yards of offense once Burrow went down, 17.
Reply/Quote