Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many would have believed....
At the start of this season, that we would pull starters from games vs. the Ravens and the Stealers due to be so far ahead on the scoreboard? I would never have guessed that!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: At the start of this season, that we would pull starters from games vs. the Ravens and the Stealers due to be so far ahead on the scoreboard? I would never have guessed that!

I did not either.
This team has done a lot better than I expected them to be this year.
If this team can get 3 more wins, I think they make the playoffs.
They might even make the playoffs with just 2 more wins based on tiebreakers.
It will be challenging though, as every team remaining on the schedule is .500 or better.
Definitely happy that the Bengals are still in conversation for playoffs by the start of December, let alone potentially winning the division.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I predicted 9 or 10 wins, but I never saw the beatdowns of the Ravens and Stealers being like they were.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: At the start of this season, that we would pull starters from games vs. the Ravens and the Stealers due to be so far ahead on the scoreboard? I would never have guessed that!

We also pulled some of our starters against the Lions (I remember Allen coming in at least). A bad team for sure, but a team that took Baltimore and Cleveland right down to the wire, and tied Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote

I did. I'm also lying. I only hoped for a "good competitive showing" each time. I never thought they would deliver a "thrashing". Hey, maybe it could be our time. Why not us?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Not me
Reply/Quote
Anyone who says they thought that is a ***** liar.

That said, you love to see it.
Reply/Quote
Not for a second. Wouldn't have even believed we would sweep Pittsburgh by any margin.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I did start to think this defense could be pretty good with all the players we added. The question mark on defense to me was gonna be the secondary with all new corners. But when I heard how well they were doing in camp I thought they could be good or at least good enough to keep games winnable. I also thought we could get off to a good start with the matchups we had. But I never thought we would dominate the Steelers and the Ravens like we have so far. I also didn't think we'd have a game were we pulled the starters let alone multiple games. Really have to keep it going because the AFC is very tight. But we play a lot of the teams that are in the playoff picture with us.
Reply/Quote
Said this before the Steelers game... you had to at least take 2 out of 3 during this home stand.

We got 1... lets see if we can beat the Chargers. Game plan should be Mixon another 20+ carries.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Oh, not me. At all. I figured hoping for a split in each division series was as good as we'd get. And finish around .500 on the season. Record still to be determined, and the Steelers looking like hot garbage this year, but that Ravens game remains a statement. Definitely interested to see how the remaining division games go.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 05:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Anyone who says they thought that is a ***** liar.

That said, you love to see it.

I didn’t expect the Steelers to be that good this year and thought we would be a lot better than what the analysts were saying, but blowouts are a pleasant surprise vs any NFL opponent, and especially against division rivals.
Reply/Quote
Blowouts are pretty rare in the NFL. That's why it was so goofy to hang our hats on how many close losses we had the past 2 seasons... But yeah; it's pretty crazy that every division game we've played this year has been a blowout. I'm happy we've been on the right side of 3 of the 4.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No way I would have believed it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It's always great when this team surprises you (in a good way). Here's to more surprises the rest of the season and well into 2022.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Nope and congrats to Zac for doing so

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I kinda had hope when we got rid of Hart. Kinda like the opposite when we re-signed Hart.

Good to see dominate the division like we are doing. Sweeping 2 outta 3 woudl be sweet.
Reply/Quote