Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How mentally tough is Burrow?
Nine sacks and still 350 yards. We know that he is physically tough. But how about mentally? Numbers from a story in The Athletic:

Only three of the nine sacks came on third down. And after the other six, Burrow dropped back to pass on the very next snap and went 6 for 6 for 52 yards.

Six times out of 6, he got back up and completed a pass on the next play. Unbelievable.

Here's another:

Four of the sacks came on drives that ended in points.

Sacks are often drive stoppers. Yet Burrow led us to scores on four possessions where he was sacked. In fact, the only exception was the final drive for the winning field goal.

How much courage does it take after a guy has been beat up all day to stand in the pocket and deliver? I don't even have the words for how special our QB is.
Reply/Quote
TOUGH.. Burrow will lead this team to the Superbowl
Reply/Quote
Defenses are going to have to learn that pressure doesn’t fluster Burrow. He may be confused by a new look from the defense occasionally but never loses his cool. It also seems his mental clock is unaffected by pressure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Nine sacks? Shit happens..."
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I don’t think I’ve ever been more impressed with a QB’s toughness, and refusal to be rattled as I was yesterday with Joe Burrow. The only other game that comes to mind was against the Jets in 2016 when Dalton balled out while being sacked 7 times. But I think this one has that one beat.

Joe completing 75.7% of his passes in a game like that is just not normal. He is everything you hope and dream for with a franchise QB, and #1OA pick.

Reply/Quote
The look on his face said the Titans hit like girls.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:40 PM)Interceptor Wrote: "Nine sacks? Shit happens..."

[Image: brady-enough-already.gif]

Reply/Quote
He's Tuff Enuff.... :)
Reply/Quote
Damned tough, but something nobody wants to hear I'm sure is the Oline.. They were beaten and battered and fried in oil and yet when it mattered the most they gave him a nice, clean pocket. Most Olines after 4 sacks much less 9 would just wilt and fade away and give up trying..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The guy is just a born winner. The way he won over the LSU fan base was exactly like in the bowl game junior year. He threw a pick and got completely cheap shotted and stayed down injured: everyone assumed he would be replaced by backup because of. Injury. But he came back in very next play and then played amazing to win a close match up. That was when we knew we had something a bit special. That video shows it all.

https://youtu.be/oNrM83G4sW0
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:00 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Only three of the nine sacks came on third down.  And after the other six, Burrow dropped back to pass on the very next snap and went 6 for 6 for 52 yards.

Six times out of 6, he got back up and completed a pass on the next play.  Unbelievable.

Not really as impressive as it sounds.

Completed a 4 yard pass on 3rd-and-18
Completed a 7 yard pass on 3rd-and-14
Completed a 1 yard pass on 2nd-and-9

But his numbers were still amazing for all the pressure he was under.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

It was actually ELEVEN times.  Burrow got sacked ywo other times, but those plays were wiped out by a penalty and a time out.

Even if they disappear from the stat line Joe still felt getting thrown to the ground both those times.
Reply/Quote
I think Coach O summed it up best about Joe's toughness. GREAT stories !!!! Have a listen.

https://youtu.be/BnTqwMBtLQo
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really as impressive as it sounds.

Completed a 4 yard pass on 3rd-and-18
Completed a 7 yard pass on 3rd-and-14
Completed a 1 yard pass on 2nd-and-9

But his numbers were still amazing for all the pressure he was under.

Why are you like this? ?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Hopefully we get a line around him next year and throws the football away so he stops having to show his toughness.
Reply/Quote
Folks, we're in the AFC Championship Game! Let's cry about OL issues once everything is done because there's nothing to do with it now.

Zac's presser today was good. He took responsibility for some of the protection issues (iffy play selections, not having an outlet receiver designated), said it is a team game and the team will work it.

Burrow basically being immune to the usual mental effects of pressure is helping a lot. I expect we will see some changes in the scheme next week and pass protection will look better - remember Burrow is going to take some sacks because his instinct is to wait for the big play to unfold - and given his success in doing it my inclination is to LET JOE COOK and accept that will lead to some sacks.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:32 PM)gman657 Wrote: Why are you like this? ?

That's just Fred being Fred. If you are here around long enough, you'll see he's just coming from another angle. If you find him irritating, then it's because you're new here.  Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: That's just Fred being Fred. If you are here around long enough, you'll see he's just coming from another angle. If you find him irritating, then it's because you're new hereSmirk

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote