Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much...
..ref D do you have to suck to be able to get away with punching a QB that's been lying on the ground, well after the play, right in front of a ref, and not get ejected?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Punched 2 guys really.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth sucked that for all of them.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ..ref D do you have to suck to be able to get away with punching a QB that's been lying on the ground, well after the play, right in front of a ref, and not get ejected?

I was stunned. Dude legit should have been tossed and should probably catch a suspension.

He won't... most likely won't even catch a fine.

What really bothered me, was listening to Al and Chris explain the flag as, "He shoves the offensive lineman there and that's what the flag is for" then hearing nothing from either of them about, "Hey, he just punched this young star QB"

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:59 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was stunned. Dude legit should have been tossed and should probably catch a suspension.

What really bothered me, was listening to Al and Chris explain the flag as, "He shoves the offensive lineman there and that's what the flag is for" then hearing nothing from either of them about, "Hey, he just punched this young star QB"

Refs are too busy watching for taunting, I suppose.  God forbid someone stares down an enemy sideline or hurts someone's feelings , but dirty bs punching?  Well, that's just good ole' fashioned dirty Steeler football.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:59 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was stunned. Dude legit should have been tossed and should probably catch a suspension.

What bothered me was Cam's response that he "didn't think he meant to punch him".  So yeah, he did.

Fine incoming I'm sure.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 02:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: What bothered me was Cam's response that he "didn't think he meant to punch him".  So yeah, he did.

Fine incoming I'm sure.

Wait what??

How do you not think you meant to punch someone and not know for sure if you did?? 

That... that's just an excuse, and yes a fine will hopefully be incoming. 

Still can't understand how he wasn't tossed on the spot with an official sitting there watching.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
IDK if that was a real punch because if that's all the harder he can hit, a 6yr old could whip his ass.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 02:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wait what??

How do you not think you meant to punch someone and not know for sure if you did?? 

That... that's just an excuse, and yes a fine will hopefully be incoming. 

Still can't understand how he wasn't tossed on the spot with an official sitting there watching.

One of the officials twitter accounts broke the rule down that there is a part that covers punching an opponent and one that covers punching an opponent and not being DQd...kinda.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Officials judgment.  Which, as we have been made painfully aware is quite awful sometimes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Steeler football still getting away with blatant crap.

Had that been burfict or a Bengal we would all be fined including fans and serve a long suspension.
Reply/Quote
However much sucking was involved, apparently it was enough to not even get fined.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote