Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How much has this team really improved this off-season?
I don't think replacing Andy Dalton this off season was an option anyone seriously considered doing. The OL and LBers were just so much worse.

While I don't see Dalton as a Super Bowl quality QB he has put up some good games. His Achilles' heal has been the playoffs (0-4, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 4 FUMs) and the Steelers (3-11, 17 TDs, 13 INTs).

Now we get to see if the new coaching staff can put together and coach a good season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 10:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't think replacing Andy Dalton this off season was an option anyone seriously considered doing. The OL and LBers were just so much worse.

While I don't see Dalton as a Super Bowl quality QB he has put up some good games. His Achilles' heal has been the playoffs (0-4, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 4 FUMs) and the Steelers (3-11, 17 TDs, 13 INTs).

Now we get to see if the new coaching staff can put together and coach a good season.

I feel like any QB we drafted at our spot would have been a very low percentage move.

That said, the Chiefs rolled the dice and hit bigtime with Mahommes. I doubt we'd be that lucky.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like any QB we drafted at our spot would have been a very low percentage move.

That said, the Chiefs rolled the dice and hit bigtime with Mahommes. I doubt we'd be that lucky.

They saw something in Mahommes. And they did draft him while having a good QB already on the roster. But Mike Brown would never spend a draft pick that way. No season is a must win season for Mike Brown cause he'll never fire himself for someone else better. Andy Reid, on the other hand, has a mandate to win and he'll be gone if he doesn't and he knew Alex Smith would only take him so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote