Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wish the game was 8 quarters.
60 Minutes or 4 quarters is not enough time to enjoy this NFL Championship game as it moves too quickly.

At least restore the Superbowl to the prior 90's rule where the clock stopped when a player goes out of bounds, except in the last two minutes of the first half and last five minutes of the second. The NFL wanted to shorten the game which is why they came out with these rules.

Again, I wish this game was 8 quarters so I could enjoy every moment of the game unless, of course, we are winning after 4 quarters.
Heck if we were winning after the 1 quarter or if we scored first they should stop the game and hand us our NFL Championship trophy. Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's ours for the taking as is. Joe is right out of NFL central casting made just for selling products (indirectly) to dumb people with more money than brains.. Ya think the NFL is going to leave this up to chance? He's a walking, breathing gold mine for them. If the rams win this someone at the NFL will be fired.. LOL 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is going to be so hot in that stadium (canopy but open stadium, no AC), with near record heat forecast, that the players would be dead tired and dehydrated should this go even an overtime frame.

I was on Accuweather.com and it seems the LA fans think it will be an important asset to the Rams team. We shall see.
Reply/Quote
I hope the game ends the second we are ahead.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope the game ends the second we are ahead.

My hope is also the Bengals take a lead and never look back. I want 40+ point victory and blowout.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 11:05 AM)Nepa Wrote: It is going to be so hot in that stadium (canopy but open stadium, no AC), with near record heat forecast, that the players would be dead tired and dehydrated should this go even an overtime frame.

I was on Accuweather.com and it seems the LA fans think it will be an important asset to the Rams team. We shall see.

Eh, it's going to be 84 degrees today. They'll be out of the sun, and I may be wrong, but I do not believe LA has a lot of humidity. They've played hotter games right here in Cincy. They just need to hydrate consistently and have the IVs ready at the half.
Reply/Quote
The game is going to feel like 8 quarters when all those extra (and extra long) SB commercial breaks start kicking in.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:09 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: 60 Minutes or 4 quarters is not enough time to enjoy this NFL Championship game as it moves too quickly.

At least restore the Superbowl to the prior 90's rule where the clock stopped when a player goes out of bounds, except in the last two minutes of the first half and last five minutes of the second. The NFL wanted to shorten the game which is why they came out with these rules.

Again, I wish this game was 8 quarters so I could enjoy every moment of the game unless, of course, we are winning after 4 quarters.
Heck if we were winning after the 1 quarter or if we scored first they should stop the game and hand us our NFL Championship trophy.  Tongue

Do they change the out of bounds rule?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do they change the out of bounds rule?

Prior to 1990, the clock stopped when a player goes out of bounds at all times during the game. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If it goes like the rest of the playoffs my liver couldn't handle 4 quarters
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just as long as we hear those immortal words at the end..... "Coffin nails!" "BAM!" "BAM!" "BAM!!!!"
Reply/Quote
By definition it is impossible to have more than 4 "quarters".

If there were 8 then they would be "eighths"
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By definition it is impossible to have more than 4 "quarters".

I call bs, I just bought 2 ounces yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By definition it is impossible to have more than 4 "quarters".

I'm pretty sure I have 15 or 20 quarters in the change pocket in my Jeep
Reply/Quote

There's 5 quarters in an OT game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 04:42 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: I call bs, I just bought 2 ounces yesterday.

But what would you do if you paid for a "quarter" and the seller just gave you 3.75 grams because his ounces have 8 "quarters"? 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's 5 quarters in an OT game

No there isn't.

There are 4 quarters and an overtime period.
Reply/Quote