Poll: How obsessed with the draft are you?
When is it?
Draft watching plan finalized, taking Friday off
Just completed 100th mock; can't decide on kicker
I dream about drafting midget tackles and all the other ways we could **** it up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How obsessed are you with the draft?
While I probably take more than a casual interest in the draft, I never considered myself obsessed.  (My wife would disagree, but whatever.)

Last night I had a dream.  "With the fifth selection in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select....Penei Sewell, offensive tackle, University of Oregon!"  YES.  Pundits were all over it.  The smart choice, generational talent, blah blah blah.  Then he walked onto the stage -- and I swear by all that's holy, he was a midget.  An effing midget.  All the praise turned to Bungle derision.  Who scouted this guy?  I woke up in a cold sweat.

How obsessed are you? I am considering getting professional help.
Reply/Quote
I think if Joe burrow did not get his knee ripped up it would have been a different process this year.

I am genuinely worried about the fan base when the Cincinnati Bengals skip both rounds one and two and not select OL. I could be wrong I have been wrong before it's just a gut feeling I have.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every year it feels like they push back the draft another day or two and it hurts. The month of April is agonizing waiting for the draft to come haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 12:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Every year it feels like they push back the draft another day or two and it hurts. The month of April is agonizing waiting for the draft to come haha.

So are you joining me in category 4?
Reply/Quote
I pretty much look into prospects and start thinking of mocks starting in September and going up to draft day.
By the time April comes around, I'm usually pretty set on prospects and my mock.
I really do wish the draft happened like the first week of March, as the last month leading up to the draft seems to take forever.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 12:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think if Joe burrow did not get his knee ripped up it would have been a different process this year.  

I am genuinely worried about the fan base when the Cincinnati Bengals skip both rounds one and two and not select OL.  I could be wrong I have been wrong before it's just a gut feeling I have.

This is really why I'm 100% against drafting Chase.

Not because I doubt he'll be good, but after Tobin's comments I see them taking Chase, then BPA in round 2 (LB, EDGE, CB even) just whoever falls when the OL starts to roll off the board between 26 and 38. 

Then we get to round 3 and maybe here we take one. 

It just solves nothing for the team.

As to the OP's question.

Prior to this year I really haven't gotten that invested, I'd turn on and try to catch our picks, but that was the extent of it.

This year, I'll probably watch the first 5 picks more closely as it will determine how much I'll care about the season in general. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:05 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So are you joining me in category 4?

I do have nightmares about who we will draft, but they're usually one of the possible players. Like in 2009 I had a nightmare that we drafted Andre Smith...

So yea.

The past few weeks, I've had a nightmare here and there where we take Chase and then Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Cosmi, Jenkins, Leatherwood, Eichenburg Vera-Tucker, Davis, Radunz and Mayfield are all taken in the first 37 picks, leaving us with a choice between Spencer Brown and Trey Smith...which would be pretty awful.

But hopefully that doesn't occur haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 12:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: While I probably take more than a casual interest in the draft, I never considered myself obsessed.  (My wife would disagree, but whatever.)

Last night I had a dream.  "With the fifth selection in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select....Penei Sewell, offensive tackle, University of Oregon!"  YES.  Pundits were all over it.  The smart choice, generational talent, blah blah blah.  Then he walked onto the stage -- and I swear by all that's holy, he was a midget.  An effing midget.  All the praise turned to Bungle derision.  Who scouted this guy?  I woke up in a cold sweat.

How obsessed are you?  I am considering getting professional help.

i was alot more obsessed with the NFL Draft when i was playing fantasy football as it can change a lot of things.

I still love to watch the draft and see the storys of the players.   and where they are going and see what teams strategys are.

Plus its the only interesting football thing going on right now. and generally the reds arent fun to watch lol
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i was alot more obsessed with the NFL Draft when i was playing fantasy football as it can change a lot of things.

I still love to watch the draft and see the storys of the players.   and where they are going and see what teams strategys are.

Plus its the only interesting football thing going on right now. and generally the reds arent fun to watch lol

You know, last year's draft was my favorite ever.  Didn't have to put up with the commissioner and his phony hugs, or watch some poor guy  in the green room try to keep smiling as he dropped farther and farther.  Instead we got a look into the homes of kids.  70's curtains.  Coffee tables with pizza boxes.  The guy whose dad literally fell on the floor when he was taken.  And the coaches.  Bill Belichick's dog making the Patriots' 3rd round pick.  Make Vrabel's son in the background taking a dump with the bathroom door open -- don't you know he collected on that bet with his friends.  Jerry Jones's yacht (made me hate him and "America's team" even more).  Now we get a ballroom in freakin Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: You know, last year's draft was my favorite ever.  Didn't have to put up with the commissioner and his phony hugs, or watch some poor guy  in the green room try to keep smiling as he dropped farther and farther.  Instead we got a look into the homes of kids.  70's curtains.  Coffee tables with pizza boxes.  The guy whose dad literally fell on the floor when he was taken.  And the coaches.  Bill Belichick's dog making the Patriots' 3rd round pick.  Make Vrabel's son in the background taking a dump with the bathroom door open -- don't you know he collected on that bet with his friends.  Jerry Jones's yacht (made me hate him and "America's team" even more).  Now we get a ballroom in freakin Cleveland.

Rodger Goodell got hammered on the first two nights and ate his way through a fishbowl worth of M&Ms. It almost made him likeable.

As to the question how obsessed with the draft am I?.... If you could see the stack of notebooks I have filled over the years with notes lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 01:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Rodger Goodell got hammered on the first two nights and ate his way through a fishbowl worth of M&Ms. It almost made him likeable.

As to the question how obsessed with the draft am I?.... If you could see the stack of notebooks I have filled over the years with notes lol.

Do you still use a physical notebook? Or do you use a word/text document on a computer now?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 12:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: While I probably take more than a casual interest in the draft, I never considered myself obsessed.  (My wife would disagree, but whatever.)

How obsessed are you?  I am considering getting professional help.

I hate to tell you, but......your wife is right.
Reply/Quote