Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How petty are the Democrats?
(06-29-2023, 05:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To be a bit fair, weren't there some cities like Seattle or was it Minneapolis suggesting this publicly or not? I honestly can't remember off top of my head, but I thought it was a very small amount out there that wanted that which of course hit the news as if it was to be everywhere of course. I could be wrong tho.

As far as I can recall most if not all of the proposals were to move some funding to social workers although there were a couple that wanted to redo the entire police department.  I think a city in New Jersey DID do that actually.  But not to simply cut all the police out.  

Unless were talking the short-lived place in Oregon.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently petty enough to vandalize the car of a stranger simply for being bold enough to sport a "Biden S***s" bumper sticker...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/democratic-state-senator-arrested-after-allegedly-keying-car-with-biden-sucks-sticker/ar-AA1ddvAP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=679674f42824452b8fbbddfb8f5171aa&ei=15

A better title may be; "How petty are human beings?" 

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 05:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: “Despite being Black, he supports a policy agenda intent on upholding and perpetuating white supremacy.” ...up until this point, deploying all sorts of benefit of the doubt humanly possible, I would have tried to defend her a little, since the comment of this Roy character seemed a bit out of place. But upholding white supremacy, nope, that's challenge lost for me. Hm, that was quicker than I would have hoped for.

Not that the second link isn't a beauty too. What I especially like is how first there was the slogan defund the police. Then there were all the people that explained in length why defund the police apparently does not mean what the word defund literally means. Ah, don't you get that already? And as soon as that was done, there came several democrats that explained, nope we really just want to take their money away. Defund. Hello?

I could dig up worse things from her, that was just a cursory search.  I am constantly fascinated by the fact a person from Austria comprehends these issues better than many Americans.  Maybe it's the distance that gives you a more even perspective?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: it happens on both sides...

Uh oh…Dill is going to tear into you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 05:58 PM)Lucidus Wrote: A better title may be; "How petty are human beings?" 

Possibly, but how well would that have fit in the P&R forum??  You know the rules, there MUST be partisan controversy, or it ain't post worthy..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 07:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I could dig up worse things from her, that was just a cursory search.  I am constantly fascinated by the fact a person from Austria comprehends these issues better than many Americans.  Maybe it's the distance that gives you a more even perspective?

I don't think my comprehension is the fascinating part in this observation. Aside from that, I guess I'm just not in the bubbles.
Reply/Quote