Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How quiet was it down at PBS today?.....Well
(10-21-2019, 08:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right on. Haven't been since 2015. I said I would go back if they fired Marvin, so I may make one game, but it's gonna be tough to stomach. On the bright side, I've never attended a regular season loss, and was even on hand for the 1st win in 2008..... so there's that. Mellow

Best to avoid a game this year then. Don't want to knock the Bengals from getting the top pick!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:42 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Mike Brown has already been paid for tickets for 2019. You have to wait until next year to hurt him financially.

Its not all about the money, when its a nationally televised game and the stands look like that, he's getting a nasty phone call or email from the league front office. It's embarrassing for everyone, the players, fans, coaches, owners and the league.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:39 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When we were really bad before, some changes were made. Enough to put this franchise in a relatively competitive spot.

We're never going to be the Patriots, but it's got to get really, really ugly here before it will get better. 

He did enough to get us to back off a little. Clearly were back to where we were in the late 90's. I must have been too young to really care back then but to me it seems like the team/fan relations are at an all time low.
Reply/Quote
Nobody is looking at the silver lining in all of this and that is that the Bengals by law cannot hold a gun to our heads to force us to be fans of the team.. See? It's a win /win! 
On the other hand we could all demand to be shot..  Our team would still suck, but at least we wouldn't have to think about it anymore. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its not all about the money, when its a nationally televised game and the stands look like that, he's getting a nasty phone call or email from the league front office. It's embarrassing for everyone, the players, fans, coaches, owners and the league.

The bottom line is the only thing MB is concerned about. TV money, money from fans in the seats, and merchandise affect his bottom line. The league gives him enough tv money to be profitable so the only way the fans can hurt his bottom line is to not buy tickets and merchandise. I seriously don't think you will be seeing the Bengals on prime time games for a few years. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:29 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The bottom line is the only thing MB is concerned about. TV money, money from fans in the seats, and merchandise affect his bottom line. The league gives him enough tv money to be profitable so the only way the fans can hurt his bottom line is to not buy tickets and merchandise. I seriously don't think you will be seeing the Bengals on prime time games for a few years. 

Unless it's NE and Tom needs to make a payment on one of his " I can play forever because I do X" businesses.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:29 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The bottom line is the only thing MB is concerned about. TV money, money from fans in the seats, and merchandise affect his bottom line. The league gives him enough tv money to be profitable so the only way the fans can hurt his bottom line is to not buy tickets and merchandise. I seriously don't think you will be seeing the Bengals on prime time games for a few years. 

Im a fan and I don't even want to watching this team at 1pm on a Sunday when I dont have anything going on, theres no effing way the league is selling a MNF or TNF game to me featuring the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Don't buy tickets and use...*ahem*...3rd party sites to stream games. Make sure Son of Paul gets nothing from us. **** him.
Reply/Quote
All joking aside, it takes some long term suckage and apathy to legitimately build a home field disadvantage, but here we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: I guess Tate's a better teammate than Booby Hart.... Whatever

Yep, looks like someone was actually blocking for Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aside, it takes some long term suckage and apathy to legitimately build a home field disadvantage, but here we are.

Meanwhile I keep getting calls from the Bengals trying to sell me tickets. Like 3-4 times a week.
Reply/Quote