Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"How the Bengals used dirty play to tie the Redskins and stay alive in 2016"
Football has become too PC thus lame.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well when the Bengals safety (Shaw?) threw the helmet hit on the Redskins player that was on the ground, that to me is concerning that that mentality is going around the locker room.....

He barely hit him, and the dude wasn't down.  It's a penalty now, but for most of the history of football that has been perfectly acceptable.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He barely hit him, and the dude wasn't down.  It's a penalty now, but for most of the history of football that has been perfectly acceptable.

He was on the turf, he just hadn't been "touched" down. There was no real reason to lower the hat and hit him like that.  
Reply/Quote
Despite Hobson making the game out to be like a chess match in a nice quiet setting between two intellectual giants football is actually played by men raised on controlled,  sometimes not controlled , violent behavior at a franatic pace broken up by long periods of commercial messages .  what could possibly go wrong ? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He was on the turf, he just hadn't been "touched" down. There was no real reason to lower the hat and hit him like that.  

For 100 years there was.  For the last five years I guess not, but except for it drawing a flag, it doesn't bother me.  He didn't come in at 100 MPH, he didn't hit him in the head.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 04:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: For 100 years there was.  For the last five years I guess not, but except for it drawing a flag, it doesn't bother me.  He didn't come in at 100 MPH, he didn't hit him in the head.  

It's a stupid play. He's down as soon as he's touched, so you cannot cause a fumble. All you do is risk injury to him and you.... just touch the guy down. He'd have felt really stupid if he had given himself a neck injury laying his helmet into him for no reason....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He was on the turf, he just hadn't been "touched" down. There was no real reason to lower the hat and hit him like that.  

(11-01-2016, 04:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: For 100 years there was.  For the last five years I guess not, but except for it drawing a flag, it doesn't bother me.  He didn't come in at 100 MPH, he didn't hit him in the head.  

If the Refs are saying that he gave himself up, they should have blown the whistle. Then I would have gladly thrown the flag for them if that hit still happened. That said, if he's not down, and the ref doesn't blow the whistle, play football. Quitting before the whistle is no good. That's how a guy gets back up and runs it in for a TD. I've seen it happen where players assume a guy was down and he keeps playing and gets the TD. Heck, it happened just last season with Brandon Tate.

That's the same as hitting someone almost out of bounds. If they didn't want to get hit, they should have gotten out of bounds sooner instead of trying for that extra yard or two.

QB doesn't want to get hit while running? Should have slid feet first before getting into a contact situation. They couldn't have touched you then.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dirty, huh?

What's dirty is your starting Tackle getting suspended for 4 games for violating drug policy the day after the game. Wonder what he thinks about that?
Reply/Quote
I'll be the first one to say it.... AWESOME. Absolutely no problems with it on any level. Who gives a rip? SOMEBODY has to be the bug and the Bengals are the windshield. They aren't losing due to penalties this season. Finally.... FINALLY the Bengals are the ones inflicting pain and now fans are crying over it? "Buh buh buh.... But he didn't have to hit him so hard. What was the point?" Pain, you idiots. Pain was the point. It adds up over the course of a game.

The Bengals identity is RUTHLESS. Nobody wants to play them. Why? Because it hurts. It's a street fight. It's high pressure. It's no cake walk. It's footsteps coming on every play. For over a decade it was the opposite of the above and now that the pendulum has swung the other way and the Bengals are becoming Steeler-like you guys have a problem with it? Pfffft... Rub yourself down with some vagisil and say a prayer for what used to be your manhood before your wife tucks you in tonight.

"Whaaaaaaaa! He pushed him out of bounds too hard." Pffffft. Anyone agreeing with that is probably reading this while some guy they found on Craigslist is banging their wife for them in another room. God damn It. It's football. Sometimes it hurts. Welcome to the pusification of your lives. I, for one, love it.
Reply/Quote
If that's the case, then why didn't we just play a little bit dirtier and win the damn game?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Insane.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a stupid play. He's down as soon as he's touched, so you cannot cause a fumble. All you do is risk injury to him and you.... just touch the guy down. He'd have felt really stupid if he had given himself a neck injury laying his helmet into him for no reason....

Exactly.  It does not matter if it was a legal hit 10 years ago, it is a personal foul in today's game.  All that plays like that do it give the other team an extra 15 yards.  The horse collar from Kirkpatrick where the guy was clearly out of bounds in another example.  Just gives them a free 15 yards.  It hurts the team.
Reply/Quote
We put up for game after game of Steelers defenders cheap shotting and injuring our players. No literally, they even bothered to put our Punter out for the season one time.

We give them some of their own medicine in one game. Forward 10 months - 'Bengals the dirtiest team in the league' is the widespread view.

The media you guys have over there is literally unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:56 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We put up for game after game of Steelers defenders cheap shotting and injuring our players. No literally, they even bothered to put our Punter out for the season one time.

We give them some of their own medicine in one game. Forward 10 months - 'Bengals the dirtiest team in the league' is the widespread view.

The media you guys have over there is literally unbelievable.

It sure is smh
Reply/Quote