Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings for the Skins game
According to PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-was-cin-grades-dalton-struggles-cousins-is-solid-in-27-27-tie/

Quote:Quarterback grade: Andy Dalton, 43.3

We’ve seen a lot of good Andy Dalton this year, but today his alter ego made his first real appearance of the season. He failed to truly take advantage of Green having the number of all the Redskins defensive backs, throwing three balls that should have been picked (he was fortunate only one was) and then fumbled away any chance the team had of winning. He’ll want to put this game in the rear-view mirror as quickly as possible.

Top offensive grades:

TE Tyler Eifert, 92.7

WR A.J. Green, 85.1

LT Andrew Whitworth, 84.5

C Russell Bodine, 78.9

LG Clint Boling, 74.1

Green and Eifert find success against Washington’s pass defense

Imagine what kind of damage the Bengals’ skill-position players could have done had their quarterback been playing at his usual level. The top two receiving threats on this team — WR A.J. Green and TE Tyler Eifert — both had triple-digit yardage games, with Green especially impressive. He conclusively won his battle with Josh Norman and his numbers on the day really don’t do justice to how well he played.

Top defensive grades:

DT Geno Atkins, 83.6

LB Vincent Rey, 77.8

LB Vontaze Burfict, 75.7

S Shawn Williams, 69.5

LB Karlos Dansby, 68.1

As good as Geno Atkins has looked all year, he got better and better as this game went on. The worry for the Bengals is nobody else shouldered any of the burden up front, as it was too often the case that Kirk Cousins had an age to work through his progressions. The bye week might also provide the opportunity to work on some fundamentals, with 14 missed tackles a number that isn’t going to help the Bengals win games.

PFF Game-Ball Winner: Bengals WR A.J. Green

A couple thoughts on this:

Shawn Williams: Both in the gameday thread and after folks have been blasting S. Williams. I said then and I say now He did better than Iloka

Vinney Rey: Quickly becoming our top LB

Tyler Eifert: Glad to see him back

Russell Bodine: PFF has seen it and others will see it soon; although, most likely won't admit it. He is getting much better.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-was-cin-grades-dalton-struggles-cousins-is-solid-in-27-27-tie/

A couple thoughts on this:

Shawn Williams: Both in the gameday thread and after folks have been blasting S. Williams. I said then and I say now He did better than Iloka

Vinney Rey: Quickly becoming our top LB

Tyler Eifert: Glad to see him back

Russell Bodine: PFF has seen it and others will see it soon; although, most likely won't admit it. He is getting much better.

Bodine, I will admit is playing much better than he was earlier in the season. Not that it's saying much. He's no longer the glaring weak link as his play is improving and Ogbuehi is getting beat like a drum.

As for Shawn Williams I don't think his play has been horrible but it hasn't been great either, what really annoys me with him is the fact that he is the dirtiest player we have, seems every chance he gets he takes a late unnecessary hit. Saw a few yesterday, one cost us 15 yards. People love to bash burfict as a dirty player but I have no problem with his football plays, it's his ball tapping, leg stomping after the fact BS that bothers me. Williams on the other hand seems to be making dirty plays and it seems to be getting worse by the week. I do not want to watch that shit, let him play with mike Mitchell and the Steelers if that's the player he is.

And agree on Vinny, I have no problem saying he is currently our best LB
Reply/Quote
Bodine has been playing better than terrible, and that is all i really care to comment on. The Defense doesn't deserve any praise for anything. Kirk Cousins wiped the floor with them and had a career day. The rookie RB also had a nice day.

Also, Dalton throws the damn passes. Without the throws, AJ and Eifert don't catch anything. He also had one of the best fake TD runs i have ever seen. I am still watching Jeremy trying to go over the top and everyone biting. Not to mention, I don't remember Dalton ever having the time Cousins did to throw the ball. That dude had all day back there most of the day while once again our QB did not.

That said, yeah he did leave a few plays out there.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shawn Williams: Both in the gameday thread and after folks have been blasting S. Williams. I said then and I say now He did better than Iloka
I have two problems with Williams.

One is flinging his body around ala Taylor Mays in search of the big hit in lieu of the sure tackle.  Too many times I have seen him airborne and the ball carrier sidesteps the hit when he had every chance to stay on his feet and wrap the guy up instead.

Second is that he seems to be good for a boneheaded penalty every game
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 08:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have two problems with Williams.

One is flinging his body around ala Taylor Mays in search of the big hit in lieu of the sure tackle.  Too many times I have seen him airborne and the ball carrier sidesteps the hit when he had every chance to stay on his feet and wrap the guy up instead.

Agreed. But he is serviceable. Iloka on the other hand Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 09:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Agreed. But he is serviceable. Iloka on the other hand Whatever

Is it the loss of Nelson that has exposed Iloka? I always thought he was a real gamer. Seriously what has happened to his play?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 09:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: Is it the loss of Nelson that has exposed Iloka? I always thought he was a real gamer. Seriously what has happened to his play?

Beats me. But this year he looks average at best. His coverage is terrible. He actually "was" one of my favorite players on the team but Nelson may have played a roll in that, obviously. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 08:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have two problems with Williams.

Perfect synopsis of him! The guy seems to get beat on purpose just so he can lay a hit on the guy. If he would defend as we'll a son he can hit then he would be a stud
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 09:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: Is it the loss of Nelson that has exposed Iloka? I always thought he was a real gamer. Seriously what has happened to his play?

Combination of new people in the secondary, zero pass rush, and probably trying to live up to being the guy back there. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 08:21 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Bodine has been playing better than terrible, and that is all i really care to comment on. The Defense doesn't deserve any praise for anything. Kirk Cousins wiped the floor with them and had a career day. The rookie RB also had a nice day.

Also, Dalton throws the damn passes. Without the throws, AJ and Eifert don't catch anything. He also had one of the best fake TD runs i have ever seen. I am still watching Jeremy trying to go over the top and everyone biting. Not to mention, I don't remember Dalton ever having the time Cousins did to throw the ball. That dude had all day back there most of the day while once again our QB did not.

Am down with this assessment. 

Washington's offensive line was a difference maker. Well that Nugent and our secondary.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I think the loss of Nelson had a lot to do with it, look at the way Oakland is playing, but there is more to it than just Nelson. Vance Joseph is gone, as is Mark Carrier and another veteran back there named Leon Hall, who while his play may have declined his knowledge of the game was exceptional.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 08:21 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Bodine has been playing better than terrible, and that is all i really care to comment on. The Defense doesn't deserve any praise for anything. Kirk Cousins wiped the floor with them and had a career day. The rookie RB also had a nice day.

I would agree with this, but it was by far his worst effort this season.  However, if this is as bad as he can play, that's a vast improvement over years gone by and QBRs of 2.

I also agree with bfine, Iloka is worse than Williams....but is that an endorsement of his play, or more of an indictment of Iloka's?  Like others have said, and I mentioned in another thread before the game, we are missing Reggie Nelson back there.  There is really no excuse for him not to be in stripes.  We had the money.

Bodine is playing better.....but the only way to go was up.  At least he is going up at this point, it's only taken three years.  Good job?

I like Vinny Rey, I really do.  The guy is smart, and has been a super sub for us over his career.  That said, how scary is it that he is becoming our best LB?  The rest of these guys need to get their heads out of their keisters, or the staff needs to find someone who will.  Fat chance that happens.

We are giving up relentless pressure, and producing none......not exactly a recipe for success.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Interesting that Atkins is grading out well all season and PFF considers him dominant when the forum typically thinks he's declined.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 10:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting that Atkins is grading out well all season and PFF considers him dominant when the forum typically thinks he's declined.

The forum only sees sacks as an acceptable result for a lineman, so unless you have double digit sacks you haven't played well around these parts.
Reply/Quote