Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player's-only Meeting?
All the players that leave here and go to winning teams say the environment/atmosphere here is not built for winning.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they decided to tank the season to get a top ten pick. Winning 7-9 games does nothing for us. Maybe they came up with a way to make mike brown disappear
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:12 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Hopefully they decided to tank the season to get a top ten pick. Winning 7-9 games does nothing for us. Maybe they came up with a way to make mike brown disappear

Never will I understand the point of tanking, but then again I'm prideful, and don't find any respect/pride in taking losses for a 'maybe'.

To each their own

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:13 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Never will I understand the point of tanking, but then again I'm prideful, and don't find any respect/pride in taking losses for a 'maybe'.

To each their own

I say that as a joke. I HATE seeing them lose but changes NEED to be made. We will never have another aj, geno and a few other guys on this team that are still useful. Watching their talents go to waste makes me ill. If I were aj or even geno I would demand a trade
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:17 PM)snowy Wrote: ...What could/should happen-and who's to say it hasn't-is for a highly respected teammate to kick a li'l butt...
This is why I'm surprised it hasn't happened.  I would think that the AJ's, Burficts, etc. would command their teammates attend and light a little fire under their butts.  Maybe it's because I'm a military guy - we have meetings to self-police without upper management.  Usually a well-respected person or persons give(s) the group a little tough love.  Feelings are typically hurt, but in the end, we come out of it more motivated, more accountable and bonded closer together.  And yes, sometimes, we decide to perform better in spite of poor leadership because it reflects on us and our pride more than effective leadership.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:20 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I say that as a joke. I HATE seeing them lose but changes NEED to be made. We will never have another aj, geno and a few other guys on this team that are still useful. Watching their talents go to waste makes me ill. If I were aj or even geno I would demand a trade

Ah. I apologize. Context isn't great through message boards.

I'm surprised they haven't. I'd give it another year of issues before they do. If we go through a coaching change, and the environment doesn't change W/L record doesn't change, we will have issues. Guaranteed.

Reply/Quote
Food for thought: A team that jokes, laughs and has a good time in the locker room after losing to their biggest rival will not benefit from a players only meeting. They just need to be blown up and replaced.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:09 PM)snowy Wrote: Maybe so, but I think Burfict sometimes does as much coaching as the coaches do. But you raise an interesting question: who ARE the Bengals' team leaders these days? Andy? Gio? Vinny Rey? Burfict? Dunlap? DramaQueen Dre? Bueller? Bueller?

Andy, Geno, Vinny Rey, Dunlap, Green, Lafell
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:13 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Never will I understand the point of tanking, but then again I'm prideful, and don't find any respect/pride in taking losses for a 'maybe'.

To each their own

I say that as a joke. I HATE seeing them lose but changes NEED to be made. We will never have another aj, geno and a few other guys on this team that are still useful. Watching their talents go to waste makes me ill. If I were aj or even geno I would demand a trade
Reply/Quote
Wonderful idea! Trust falls are fun!!

Meetin' at Chimney Top, 11pm Tuesday night!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burfict and pack man leaders and we wounded why this team is imploding
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:25 AM)JB Bengal Wrote: Am I the only one who expected a player's-only meeting this week? 

I figured following the debacle in Jacksonville that some of our more competitive veteran players would get everybody in one room and hash out the on-field issues.  You know, air the grievances and hold all players accountable (even if the coaching staff won't).  At 3-5 it's looking grim, but we're not completely out of the hunt.  Couple that with the obvious frustration from some of our better players and I thought this week was the week they pledged to go to battle for their teammates.  I'm afraid they've already thrown in the towel for the season...

Thoughts?

We don't need a players only meeting.  We need a new QB!!
Reply/Quote
When a team is 3-6 and looks hopeless...they should just simulate the season like on Madden for that team.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:57 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: We don't need a players only meeting.  We need a new QB!!

Why don't you come to Chimney Top for the meeting and trust falls too. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why don't you come to Chimney Top for the meeting and trust falls too. Mellow

lol that was good!
Reply/Quote