Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How things got this bad?
(11-10-2019, 07:51 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Give us your most logical idea on just how things got as bad as they are now. Every position group is just pathetic, absolutely pathetic this year. Worse than last year. I’m sure most of the problems were building the past 4 years missing on draft picks while letting good players walk. But there has to be even more to it than that. Personally I think we have some good players, take the D for instance. The D line has everyone healthy yet they can’t do anything. So what gives. Is coaching, schemes, play calling a result?

Bad ownership that is consistently mis-evaluating the team's situation and circumstances.

The ownership failed to recognize what Marvin Lewis meant to them. It's nothing new for these owners. They couldn't see what Whit or Zeitler brought to the team or Sanu.

If I were this ownership and Marvin said he didn't want player X, I sure as hell would not draft that player.

But it doesn't end with undervaluing those who are valuable to this team. This ownership also overvalues sub-par production. They re-sign Hart and Brown and Redmond and it extended Gio to a contract far above his production level.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They lost Jones, Sanu, Nelson, Hall, Peko...and guys like that also around that time.

That weakened them.

Our depth is terrible and we can't overcome injuries.

The Steelers just beat the Rams with the 2nd string QB, without Conner and Tuitt. With Brown and Bell gone from the season before.

Coaching matters too. A LOT.

Honestly, it's such a trainwreck. We'd be better off compiling a list of what's actually right than what's wrong.
The Steelers aren't run by a dumbass either and they value the offensive Line. Bengals are run by a dumbass and they don't value the offensive Line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
can't even have a fun post about burning down stadiums in here. mods are so uptight

It's not the official forums anymore guys, you don't have to bow to DennyG
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:40 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: can't even have a fun post about burning down stadiums in here.  mods are so uptight

It's not the official forums anymore guys, you don't have to bow to DennyG

Even joking to burn something down is a Felony.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Dolphins, who have traded away their best players and are actively trying to lose, just beat the Colts. Bengals, who made zero trade deadline moves and are supposedly TRYING to win, and are 0-9. That is all you need to know.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Even joking to burn something down is a Felony.

No it is not a felony to make a joke.

You work for China?
Reply/Quote
For me three key things have stood out (all though there are plenty more):

1. Resigning and overpaying Bobby Hart. Way to extend one of the worst tackles in the league. That’s not opinion either its’s just statistical fact.

2. Inability to hire legit staff: our O line coach and DC are absolute jokes and both of these are the Bengals low point of the team. Offensive line and D as a whole. Line can’t block and Lou couldn’t scheme up how to keep a turd from hitting a toilet bowl.

3. Trade deadline fiasco. I say this one for moving forward. Green continues to be on sideline and they bench Dalton on his birthday for a rookie behind this o-line. What is the purpose of starting Finley? You aren’t going to see what he is capable of behind such a terrible o-line. Green is good as gone after the season with Dalton getting benched. Could have at minimum received multiple high draft picks for these two but in the end will have next to nothing to show for it...unless they franchise AJ and then who knows what “injury” will plague him next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:44 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: No it is not a felony to make a joke

False any said intent to burn something down joking or serious is a Felony.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Taylor and still think he may work but it has to be the coaching as a whole. I also lost some faith in Taylor the moment he hired Turner. Lou looks like a terrible hire.

Of Course the Mike Brown era as an owner is the worst in sport history...any sport.

You are in obvious denial. Taylor won’t work here dude. Research his history, he’s a failure
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:46 PM)Synric Wrote: False any said intent to burn something down joking or serious is a Felony.

What are you 12?  It's a joke.  

How the hell are we going to burn down a stadium made of steel and concrete?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:44 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: No it is not a felony to make a joke.

You work for China?

It's a Nazi felony. It's on the same level as praying or defending yourself.

Reply/Quote
Mod's tearing down threads like how i'm going to tear down Paul Brown Stadium.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:48 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: What are you 12?  It's a joke.  

How the hell are we going to burn down a stadium made of steel and concrete?

Look you said hey we can't even have a fun thread about burning down the stadium.

Of course you cant it doesn't matter if you intended it as a joke or were completely serious. Just saying that outloud in a public forum is a Federal Crime. It is a Felony. Mods were smart to remove stupidity.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Look you said hey we can't even have a fun thread about burning down the stadium.

Of course you cant it doesn't matter if you intended it as a joke or were completely serious. Just saying that outloud in a public forum is a Federal Crime. It is a Felony. Mods were smart to remove stupidity.

alright whatever dude.  alert the cops for my felony.

117 gallion road
franklin furnace oh  45629
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Look you said hey we can't even have a fun thread about burning down the stadium.

The only crime i can be arrested for is being a Bengals fan since 99. I'll plead insanity and get the help i need.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:03 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: The only crime i can be arrested for is being a Bengals fan since 99. I'll plead insanity and get the help i need.

Belief isn't a crime people believe it's the craziest things...like me I believe they can turn it around next year hahaha.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:01 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: alright whatever dude.  alert the cops for my felony.

117 gallion road
franklin furnace oh  45629

Hold up, let's think this out. What if fat **** Mike wants us to tear down the stadium for the insurance check, he sells the team and he gets to live out his artery clogged days in tijuana sipping on double daiquiris with his hand thoroughly up his ass.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Belief isn't a crime people believe it's the craziest things...like me I believe they can turn it around next year hahaha.
I am going to need your address and emergency contact. I think you have brain trauma... hahaha
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 08:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I cannot remember the Bengals ever going 0-16, at least not in my lifetime.  At least since 1968.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/index.htm 

I hold out hope that something will happen at the end of this year.  A drastic change must take place.  

They need to infuse the draft war room with about 20 additional scouts and hire a young and upcoming GM.  Front Office will not get a pass after this year.  They must feel the heat.  The stadium is empty, and the lease will be up in 2026.  

Those are the moves...but IF you're going to add scouts...you do it now. You don't wait for the season to end.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is the thing. Likely an established coach won't want to come here.

The only thing attractive is the 1st pick IF we get it.

I feel like Marvin did an incredible job winning with this dysfunctional organization. In hindsight, IF he coached for a legit team like the Steelers...he probably wins a SB by now.

It's sad to say that losing Marvin has left us in this mess.  He had MB's ear and I think he was able to make him bend in some instances.  Now that ZT is here, MB has regained full control of the mothership and we are going to burn all of NEXT season as well while we wait for MB to get his money's worth out of him.

BTW, I can't seem to find how many year contract ZT received?  I'm assuming he got at least 2 years.  Anyone know?

Even when MB retires/dies/etc., the chances the rest of his family manage exactly the same way he did is extremely high.  Our best shot now is that someone from the outside buys the team, but that's a real long shot.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote