Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Really Fix This Team
(09-18-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Tobin has many more hits than misses. Ill trust Tobin over someone that thinks Tate should be number 3 receiver

The conversation is about Troy Blackburn.  Try to keep up, buddy.

PS I never said Auden Tate should be our #3.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The conversation is about Troy Blackburn.  Try to keep up, buddy.

you called for Tobin to be fired. Keep up with the thread you started. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: you called for Tobin to be fired. Keep up with the thread you started. 

If you want to talk/debate about my thoughts on Tobin then quote the portion my post (an entirely different post mind you) where he was referenced.

Why in the hell would choose another post where two people were clearly talking about Troy Blackburn?

Get help.
Reply/Quote
This gonna get good...

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The conversation is about Troy Blackburn.  Try to keep up, buddy.

Well at least you guys are still buddies.
Reply/Quote

you also want our best run blocker benched. So our line play was bad what do you think benching our best run blocker will do? you called for Tate to replace Ross who is currently our number 3 receiver.
Reply/Quote

[Image: O1LC7Oq.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: A trip down memory lane, for those of you who have forgotten:

1.) “For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle? Who?

2.) Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize.

3.) In our business you have to solve the problem.

4.) If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at $17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really?

5.) We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist (in free agency). You have to deal in the universe of options you have.

6.) We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average.

7.) Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. …”
 - Troy Blackburn, March 2019

I've actually been meaning to dissect this for quite some time...

1.) Simply put, someone who is better.  Via free agency, trade, or the draft, there were better options.

2.) Had no problem plugging Michael Jordan in right away, and he was a 4th rounder.  What about Logan Wilson this year?

3.) You didn't solve the problem. Not only did you keep the problem, you gave him a raise.

4.) Trent Brown was the only FA available?

5.) Sure it does.  And you don't even need a high quality one, just an average one.

6.) Who cares?  Because you signed an above average amount of free agents you're allowed to grossly overpay guys who suck?

7.) No one is asking for perfect.  They're asking for better than Bobby Hart.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: you also want our best run blocker benched. So our line play was bad what do you think benching our best run blocker will do? you called for Tate to replace Ross who is currently our number 3 receiver.

Due to draft position only...

The guy has shown in the first two games that he is who we think he is and he should be benched.

Green, Tyler, Higgings, Thomas and Tate should be the targets. Ross has no business on the field unless they want to try his speed for a punt returner.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: you also want our best run blocker benched. So our line play was bad what do you think benching our best run blocker will do? you called for Tate to replace Ross who is currently our number 3 receiver.

Where are you getting these quotes from me?  Seriously.

I never said I wanted Bobby Hart benched.  I've said he sucks, I've said he was a terrible signing, and I've said I want him gone after this season so we can save money.  But nowhere have I said we need to bench him. Although, now that you've brought it up, I'm not sure it could get worse.

I've called for Tate to have a role this season.  And pretty much the entire offseason I've said I look for Higgins to work into the role where's 3rd in targets with Tate and Ross used situationally.
Reply/Quote
Tobin has been living off that Green/Dalton draft for way too long.ive been calling for him to be replaced for years now.
I would gladly entertain the thought of John Dorsey replacing him for one. He is the worst GM in the North.
He has failed to bring a winning culture to Cincy.
Funny how the Ravens and Steelers can lose All Pros and upper tier players year after year yet are in the conversation
For a division title every year.why is that? Cause Colbert and Newsome built foundations and forged idenities
Tobin has failed to get this franchise from under the shadow of that playoff loss to the Steelers. Hes a loser GM who has no fear of losing his job.
Replace Tobin is step 1 in the process. Step 2 is cutting loose Taylor for a either a proven playoff coach or a Eric Bienemy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Where are you getting these quotes from me?  Seriously.

I never said I wanted Bobby Hart benched.  I've said he sucks, I've said he was a terrible signing, and I've said I want him gone after this season so we can save money.  But nowhere have I said we need to bench him.  Although, now that you've brought it up, I'm not sure it could get worse.

I've called for Tate to have a role this season.  And pretty much the entire offseason I've said I look for Higgins to work into the role where's 3rd in targets with Tate and Ross used situationally.

he's our best run blocker shows your lack of knowledge of pro football. You should just watch and not comment anymore. your only making yourself seem less informed. Start reading analytics so you can comprehend the game better your knowledge is terrible
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tobin has been living off that Green/Dalton draft  for way too long.ive been calling for him to be replaced for years now.
I would gladly entertain the thought of John Dorsey replacing him for one. He is the worst GM in the North.
He has failed to bring a winning culture to Cincy.
Funny how the Ravens and Steelers can lose All Pros and upper tier players year after year yet are in the conversation
For a division title every year.why is that? Cause Colbert and Newsome built foundations and forged idenities
Tobin has failed to get this franchise from under the shadow of that playoff loss to the Steelers. Hes a loser GM who has no fear of losing his job.
Replace Tobin is step 1 in the process. Step 2 is cutting loose Taylor for a either a proven playoff coach or a Eric Bienemy

as of before last season. we had more starters from the draft than any other team in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:12 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: he's our best run blocker shows your lack of knowledge of pro football. You should just watch and not comment anymore. your only making yourself seem less informed. Start reading analytics so you can comprehend the game better your knowledge is terrible

Does everyone that disagrees with you “lack football knowledge?”

Who knew their was so many rubes on this board. I always thought people were generally very well informed here...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: as of before last season. we had more starters from the draft than any other team in the NFL

Just because you start guys like John Ross and Nick Vigil doesn’t mean they’re any good.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: as of before last season. we had more starters from the draft than any other team in the NFL

And here I thought the best way to determine the success of the draft, and the front office as a whole, was the win loss record.

Who knew it could be judged by how many draft picks are still in the league.  The more you know...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:12 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: he's our best run blocker shows your lack of knowledge of pro football. You should just watch and not comment anymore. your only making yourself seem less informed. Start reading analytics so you can comprehend the game better your knowledge is terrible

So just to be clear, you're on record as saying that getting rid of Bobby Hart after this season is a bad move?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So just to be clear, you're on record as saying that getting rid of Bobby Hart after this season is a bad move?

He's our best run blocker G's are a more pressing need we may only need 1 XSF was pretty decent week 1. Chargers dline may be nastiest in the league. we held up well week 1 all things considered. Besides for MJ
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes, and its getting to be unbearable to watch this team get manhandled Yr in Yr out in the trenches. I may have to take a yr off its so hard to watch at times. We all know this is where the games are won and we continue to be a laughing stock , and seen as a soft team. Its sickening really. Had they signed a quality G and OT in offseason maybe our O line issues would be better. The Dline  is overated. Dunlap and Hubbard dont scare anyone out there and Atkins is on his last tour of duty....  
Has anyone thought about the onslaught coming at Burrow?..Pitt and Bal, 2 X each ? He may not make it out alive.

Yeah, I'm almost hoping they put Finley in some of those games if it gets out of hand early.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Attack the trenches.

They need to fix the depth on offensive and defensive lines. I know the defensive line is beat up but theres alot of age there. The offensive line needs an overhaul plus they have had bad luck when drafting and bringing in FA/Trades.

It's really that simple. Good line play opens up the playbook on both sides. Piss poor play there really handcuffs you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote