Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to beat Seattle
Good read and agree.

Believe it will probably somehow be tight and closer than it should be like OP said. Agree with Jeremy Hill part as well.

But believe the Bengals should control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and roll.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think this, and avoid trying to force the ball to AJ Green.  If Sherman is following him everywhere, and seemingly blanketing him then go elsewhere.  I don't mean to say never even look at AJ, but the simply philosophy of "our fourth best weapon is much better than your fourth best cover guy" is exactly what needs to happen here.

I think Marvin Jones is going to have a big game, and I can't help but think that Burkhead as a slot receiver gives Andy the quick check down that can keep moving the sticks.  Brady attacked them with lots of short passes in the Super Bowl.  Keep them honest, but that will negate a lot of their pass rush. 

I'm crazy excited about this game and the potential to be 5-0. 
Reply/Quote
1 question and 1 observation.
First the observation; we got to keep Russell in the pocket and force him to be passer. We struggle at that when it comes to mobile Qbs. Russell doesn't scare me as a passer but as a runner he is scary.
Now my question to Exoyd; the patriots used eldelman and vereen a lot in the short passing game in the Superbowl should we do the same thing with Sanu and Bernard?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think this, and avoid trying to force the ball to AJ Green.  If Sherman is following him everywhere, and seemingly blanketing him then go elsewhere.  I don't mean to say never even look at AJ, but the simply philosophy of "our fourth best weapon is much better than your fourth best cover guy" is exactly what needs to happen here.

I think Marvin Jones is going to have a big game, and I can't help but think that Burkhead as a slot receiver gives Andy the quick check down that can keep moving the sticks.  Brady attacked them with lots of short passes in the Super Bowl.  Keep them honest, but that will negate a lot of their pass rush. 

I'm crazy excited about this game and the potential to be 5-0. 

I agree with you. If Sherman is blanketing AJ DO NOT THROW TO HIM! The offense is loaded with talent and if AJ preoccupies Sherman for most of the game he did his job, the others need to get ball.

With a good, solid, game plan I see no reason for the Bengals not to finish the day 5-0!
Reply/Quote
Seattle doesn't play a lot of exotic defenses to say the least. My question is, since they all drop back into their assignments on pass plays. Can we gash them some with a few draws/delayed handoffs to Gio ?
Reply/Quote
Well, what can i say Eox, but great job. I think you pretty much nailed it. I was going to add putting a spy
on Wilson but then you did that by the end. Run Hill up the middle and take advantage of Carey Williams
side and our Offense should do well. But like you said, Dalton has to have a bit of a fall off game eventually.

I just think it might not be this week, but the following.
Reply/Quote
We've purposely have avoided using Eifert in the last couple games.  Opposing teams will stop keying in on him and that is the time to strike.  This is the week Eifert becomes a huge target for us.  Use Jones and Green to blow the top off their secondary and then target Eifert across the middle for lots of 'chunk' yards.  Loosen up their secondary and then pound the ball with Hill and Bernard.  Keep Dalton upright with stout OL play and play smart, aggressive Defense this week and we'll walk away with the W. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 12:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Their offensive line is weak.  Wilson has been running for his life when I've watched.

Give the ball to Hill 25 times or more this game.  Don't have our main set be from the shotgun as it's been in the past game or two because we won't be able to scare them with the pass or make them respect it without establishing the run.

Line Andy up under center and fed the ball to Hill (and Gio some), and then beat them with short-to-medium passes.

Establish the lead and play move-the-sticks for the rest of the game.  Force them to play catch-up, which then, with their offensive line being garbage, we can eat Wilson alive.

From what I've seen so far this year Seattle puts a lot of guys in close proximity to the line of scrimmage - to stop the run.  I think they need to pass to set up the run, spread those dudes out and loosen them up a bit.  Then crunch their interior with J Hill and Gio.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:28 AM)M.W. Wrote: I agree with you. If Sherman is blanketing AJ DO NOT THROW TO HIM! The offense is loaded with talent and if AJ preoccupies Sherman for most of the game he did his job, the others need to get ball.

With a good, solid, game plan I see no reason for the Bengals not to finish the day 5-0!

This worries me (AJ).  Not because he can't beat Sherman but I don't want him to get over hyped due to the comments Sherman made about him 4 years ago.  I'd hate to see AJ get out of the game plan and start demanding attention to put one over on Sherman, then we start forcing balls his way.

He'll still have plenty of opportunities but needs to be patient and let the game progress. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 01:37 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: This worries me (AJ).  Not because he can't beat Sherman but I don't want him to get over hyped due to the comments Sherman made about him 4 years ago.  I'd hate to see AJ get out of the game plan and start demanding attention to put one over on Sherman, then we start forcing balls his way.

He'll still have plenty of opportunities but needs to be patient and let the game progress. 

Sherman doesn't switch sides normally does he ?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sherman doesn't switch sides normally does he ?

No they play like Cincy each staying to their side....BUT Cincy can force Sherman into the slot by using a 2 WR set with both lining up on the left side of the formation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sherman doesn't switch sides normally does he ?

He usually stays to one side of the field, but there's been a couple of times that he shadowed the #1.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
All wrong.

They think Andy can't beat them because of the Legion of Boo-Hoo.

If they're smart, they'll  stack the box and play tight on the outside and blitz often, using stunts and delays to confuse Bodine and Andy.

If they stick to their cover 3, Andy will pick them apart with underneath routes and keeping AJ as far away from Sherman and his constant holding as possible.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 11:07 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: This game... 

Seattle is not the team they were the past two years, obviously.

Thing is, this is not necessarily a bad thing for Seattle.

Pete Carroll knew coming into the season that the Seahawks were not going to be able to rely on Marshawn Lynch forever. They pursued Jimmy Graham, clearly to make the passing offense more potent.

It is taking the team a few games to adjust, this is true.

HOWEVER, this does not mean that Seattle is incapable of lighting up a scoreboard.

The best defense in the NFL will be on the other side of the field on Sunday. They are always capable of scoring. 

The Seattle offense is adjusting to a new offense that Pete Carroll believes gives them the best chance to win. If I am the Bengals, I gameplan for a worst case scenario, and that is a repeat of the Super Bowl from two years ago.

Seattle will not like being an underdog, and I believe they are still the team with the most potential to completely dominate any team in the league on any given Sunday (over New England, Green Bay, and ourselves - and maybe Denver).

They will be mad. They will be aggressive. They will be trying to blow us "Bungals" out of the water from the start. Prepare for it, Marvin. 

Exactly right.

If we beat this team I'll be very impressed.  This could easily be the trap game the Patriots were last year.

I can see us doing it - if we have our big boy pants on from the start.
Reply/Quote
Begins and ends with our O and D line play. If our O holds up like it has all season, Dalton should be able to continue to lead this team up and down the field and put up great numbers as has been done all season. If it struggles, historically so does our QB and here comes the turnovers and head scratchers.

On D need to turn Seattle into a 1 dimensional team by stopping Lynch/whatever RB plays and keeping Wilson in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 06:42 PM)eoxyod Wrote: So yeah, Seattle is 2-2 but we know that Seattle is generally a better team than that. To assume they are overrated is dumb, but they are obviously very flawed as anyone watching football would notice. Their OL is absolute garbage and their receiving corp is not reliable.

Now attacking Seattle's defense is quite difficult because they are loyal to the cover 3, believe in it, and have the best secondary in the league. Their LB corp led by Wagner is solid and their edge rush is good when they're on. So where does the team attack? That answer comes from Jeremy Hill and Marvin Jones. Obviously the offense will use varying formations and Seattle's CBs stay in their spots, so AJ isn't going to be locked on by Sherman. However, in base sets this would be the case. Now Cary Williams, the CB opposite Sherman, is not good. He's just not good. So there are a couple ways to attack this with big plays. As a note I didn't make this diagram but it's good to bring up.
[Image: 2_-_4_verticals.jpg]

Against a 3 wide out set Seattle will run a man under cover two. So although this works against what we saw previously they will need to sit down on a route and possibly get YAC. In the cover two bombs away wont work but what I did see against the Lions is this.

Detroit ran a play the Bengals utilize quite a bit. Pull the guard and tackle to simulate a screen to the right and dump to a back on the left. TV showed a shot on the replay and no one was in the middle of the field for Seattle, no one for the lenght of the field

Wiggle a TE out or even Fisher..
This can be used the same way it was used vs the Ravens on AJ's 80 yard TD. Now the Ravens were play cover-1 man, but if you can have Eifert and AJ on the right side, where most of the attention would be drawn. Kam would most likely pick up on Eifert but the other side would be left to Cary Williams on Marvin Jones and Earl Thomas on Sanu, with the chance of him being drawn towards the Eifert/AJ side. Jones can beat Williams easily on that.

As for Jeremy Hill, Seattle's interior D is weak. If they attack Wagner and Kam, Seattle is light on powerful defenders. I would imagine they will stay with the double T-G pull to push our power running on them. So I think we can get most of our success there. Especially since, while Dalton has been crazy good this year, is bound to have a regression game. I don't mean he'll throw 3 ints and be awful, but he won't be the crazy good QB we've seen the past 4 weeks, especially playing against an elite secondary.

Onto our defense; we can beat them easily if the team stay disciplined. These corners can beat Seattle's WRs. If Iloka is healthy, he can survive against Graham and the team is actually relatively good against TEs, despite what the narrative is. I could see the team applying extra pressure often. Have the DL apply disciplined pressure to keep Wilson in the pocket. The ends stay on contain, Geno eats up the interior, and Peko plays back to read screens and mini-mirror RW. Any blitzers run free to do their thing. Hopefully, the team can (should) keep pressure with 4 men so they can keep a spy on RW. The Seahawks OL is hot garbage so Geno and Dunlap should eat.

Regardless of all those words, I still imagine the game won't pass 30 points and it's gonna be real close

btw I wanna thank Ryan for inspiring me with this on twitter
Reply/Quote
I would be fine with Lamur or Shawn Williams as a "spy" in any passing situations....cant let RW kill us with his feet, by far I think he's the biggest threat on the offensive side of the ball
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Dont give the rookie the chance to beat us on kick returns. I wanna see Touch Back Nuge for once.
Reply/Quote
Also protect the ball, Seattle will try to force fumbles on every carry.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:28 AM)M.W. Wrote: I agree with you. If Sherman is blanketing AJ DO NOT THROW TO HIM! The offense is loaded with talent and if AJ preoccupies Sherman for most of the game he did his job, the others need to get ball.

Sherman only plays one side of the field, he doesn't follow receivers like Revis does
Reply/Quote