Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to beat the Chiefs.
A couple QB draws.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:24 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Always in favour of giving our playmakers more touches. I don't think there is that much of a greater risk for injury on returns, it'd be interesting to see the analytics on that. 

It's much greater.  That's exactly why they changed the kick off a couple years back.

More injuries happen on kick returns than any other play.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals offense can score points vs the Chiefs but the Bengals Defense needs to get stops in the redzone and force field goals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We need new and exciting ideas.

I say we should use the fake punt.  Lots of teams have gotten big plays from fake punts, and in fact the Bengals used to have a good bit of success with the fake punt.

But here is the new wrinkle we throw in to really confuse them.  .  .  .  We run it on first down.

[Image: mind-blown.jpg]

Just have Money Mac blast line drives at the up men's face masks on kickoffs.  Not only will the resulting ricochet create easy onside kick recoveries but the insane force of impact will also probably result in some of their hands team winding up in concussion protocol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:42 PM)motoarch Wrote: It's much greater.  That's exactly why they changed the kick off a couple years back.

More injuries happen on kick returns than any other play.

But I don't think it was the return men that were getting injured.  Instead it was the blockers and gunners running into each other after a 20 yard dead sprint.
Reply/Quote
Let Burrow throw 40+ times. It's gonna be a track meet. It's the only way...
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:46 PM)Synric Wrote: I think the Bengals offense can score points vs the Chiefs but the Bengals Defense needs to get stops in the redzone and force field goals.

I think this was your key to the earlier game and I agree. The Chiefs will move the ball, it is inevitable. Forcing them into taking FGs is huge. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:32 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: More of an adjustment to avoid the sacks:

I think they need to get Boyd more involved—especially as a quick outlet to avoid pressure (like a welker or amendola). Run Boyd on more slant/shallow cross routes. They should throw more quick hitters when the corner is backed off the receiver as well.

I get that they want to attack the defense—and they are good at deep/intermediate routes. But they should always have a quick outlet or two. Let’s be real, the offensive line gets beat often. Be more prepared for it.
Absolutely - need to keep Joe upright!
(01-25-2022, 01:41 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Really long sustained drives that end in a TD.
Yup, using Begalstripes technique and adding in some Mixon.  Quick passes, mixing in Mixon, will absolutely slow the pass rush too.
Reply/Quote