Poll: Will you be upset?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How upset will you be if Whitworth is gone after this year
hes getting up there in age sure.

dude is a cornerstone of this team. hes been an emotional leader for this team for years...hes taken players under his wing. he should not play for another NFL team. he should retire a Bengal, on his terms...he has done enough for this organization to get that.

for all the loyalty this organization shows like...keeping Marvin Lewis way past his expiration date. I don't see why Whit wouldn't be here..

he arguably had his best year last season as well...even if he has a down year and the rooks show out, there is no reason to let Whit walk...use him as a veteran presence and a backup.

simple and easy...yes it would raise a lot of eyebrows based on past experience with this team to let a cornerstone walk.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:04 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Whit has been one of the few bright lights on this team the last few years. And I believe he's still got something in the tank !

We don't have any clue how quickly the rookies will develop and I'd say it's more likely Smith is history.

Pretty upset

I'd have to imagine that they would have a pretty good understanding by the end of the season.  It would depend on a bunch of variables:

1.  How he performed this year.
2.  The progression of the two guys we just drafted.
3.  How much money he was asking for in order to stay.  

I'd have to make my decision based on the above reasons.  As of now those questions haven't been answered yet.  
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer to keep him until he can't play at a high level anymore but I wouldn't be too bent out of shape if he was gone after this season with a little bit left in the tank. Sooner rather then later it's going to be Cedric's or Fisher's job anyways. It's just then nature of the business. We've been really privileged to have the tackles we've had throughout the Marvin era they're going to have some big shoes to fill.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:52 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How upset will you be if he is gone after this year?  Will you be surprised?

Well if he dropped out of nowhere and ended up like a typical 35 year old free agent I mean then his time is up. But more than likely he'll continue to be solid. He said he didn't want to be anywhere else. So bring him back on a 2 or 3 year deal and let him retire here. His last years he can fight the rookies for his job and if he loses I'd like to think he's honorable enough to be that lineman that will come off the bench or wait for injuries to get playing time.

So yes I would be very mad barring certain circumstances if Whitworth is not back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how mad/angry/confused/frustrated/flabbergasted I'd be, so I provided some visuals.

Look at this, LOOK AT IT:

[Image: 3549832.jpg]

Does anyone remember how disgusting this was?

Now imagine this:

[Image: JQuvtJT.jpg]

Or this:

[Image: zjYlJsX.jpg]

Now clean up your fresh barf you just projected on your screen.
Reply/Quote
If he were retiring I would not be upset. However, if he is still wearing a NFL uniform then Cincinnati is where he should be. I do believe we will see an extension of 2 years or so for Whit and I believe he will be a mentor for Ced and Fisher.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:02 AM)Lolli Wrote: I do not know that upset is the right description. Mostly it would seem like a waste.

(05-15-2015, 02:53 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If he were retiring I would not be upset. However, if he is still wearing a NFL uniform then Cincinnati is where he should be. I do believe we will see an extension of 2 years or so for Whit and I believe he will be a mentor for Ced and Fisher.

I want Whit as long as he continues to play well.  I'm even happy with Smith if the team wants to re-sign him.

M.L. talked about both rookie tackles being able to play multiple positions.  Let them back-up the line, play RG, 6th O-lineman.  What ever, they will get their turns soon enough.  
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:52 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How upset will you be if he is gone after this year?  Will you be surprised?

Don't think it would happen. And yes, I'd be very upset. I think he may eventually move to Guard before he retires, but not this year. We will have him for a few more.
Reply/Quote
If Whit even plays close to as good this year as he did last year he'd be crazy to stay. Sad

He is an elite LT and those aren't exactly a dime a dozen. If he were to hit the market some team would throw A LOT of money his way even with his age in consideration.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he retires and sticks around as a coach, then it would be easier to deal with. Just don't want to see him leave if he still has the desire to play, move him to guard, move him to RT, just don't burn the bridge, and don't let him go to another team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't know if upset is the right word, more so surprised.

Whit really does need to realize that drafting two OTs wasn't personal. If the Bengals want to remain playoff contenders then they have to draft for the future regardless of who is already on the roster.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It really depends on the kind of year that he has. If he has a normal Whit year, then I will be very upset if he's gone.

I just get the feeling that the shuffling on the O-Line isn't done yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our starters on the bench this year - Bodine.
Reply/Quote
He had one of his best years last year, and says he feels stronger and better this year. I suspect he is going to have a great season and will be resigned. I think drafting two OT's means more about Andre's future here than it does Big Whits...
Reply/Quote
I don't believe Whitworth will be gone after this year. Fisher won't have proven himself as a top end LT and I expect Whit to want to stay.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 02:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't believe Whitworth will be gone after this year. Fisher won't have proven himself as a top end LT and I expect Whit to want to stay.

Fisher isn't Whit's heir.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote