Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will team react to new rules
It appears the Steelers reacted by signing Corderelle Patterson.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to what Zac said in a brief interview on 'Movin the Chains, he seems pretty excited about the kickoff change and says that the team will have to take a closer look at how many players with KO return experience to have on the roster.

We have at least 3. T. Williams, C. Jones, and Evans. 

Surprise onside kicks are now dead. 
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the thread, pally. Good stuff.

Ivey & Anderson have to love that IR rule. Both guys a lot more likely to make the team if they are not all the way back yet.

Would have also helped with Reader (sigh).
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears the Steelers reacted by signing Corderelle Patterson.

Patterson could be perfect for the role though he is getting older.

They showed some XFL footage of these type of returns and it looks to me like a returner could 

break some long runs (or TDs) if they can just get through a small area of defenders quickly or make a guy or two miss.

The Bengals may want to think about some type of go the distance returner for this role.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 08:14 PM)depthchart Wrote: Patterson could be perfect for the role though he is getting older.

They showed some XFL footage of these type of returns and it looks to me like a returner could 

break some long runs (or TDs) if they can just get through a small area of defenders quickly or make a guy or two miss.

The Bengals may want to think about some type of go the distance returner for this role.
[Image: vbrxpgmcsfiflia8nqpr]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ainias Smith seems like a perfect pick for us in the 5th as a Returner for this job.
Reply/Quote
I heard the kickoff changes were a 1 year trial. They will reevaluate next year. Let's hope it adds to the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Interesting point was brought up, you might see LBs doing the kick off so kickers don't have to tackle and the ball only has to go about 40 yds...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I heard the kickoff changes were a 1 year trial. They will reevaluate next year. Let's hope it adds to the game.

Cannot be worse honestly, should help the game a lot over the soft no return policy of the last goodell years...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When I read in the other thread about the new Kickoffs I must of misunderstood, this actually is a lot better without being able to
call the touchbacks inside the 20. More Returns is better for the game and I guess this is safer as well, I don't hate it. Still wish we
kept it like it was before the initial change, but this is better it seems.

Banning the Hip Drop tackle is BS though and a direct punishment to Logan Wilson who John Harbuagh must of been pushing for.

I don't mind the other changes and like the trade deadline being pushed back even if we never use the trade deadline lol

Plenty of Hairbaugh's guys also do it.  It's starting to become flag football.  This rule is a direct attempt to hinder teams from playing good defense.  I think the DBs are going to have the most trouble with this.  You're going to have a 180 lbs guy trying to take down a 230lbs RB with a full head of steam?!??!  Many DBs will think of their careers and just let the RB keep truckin' on.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 10:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ainias Smith seems like a perfect pick for us in the 5th as a Returner for this job.
I'd also look at George Holani from Boise State with one of our 6ths.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 08:14 PM)depthchart Wrote: Patterson could be perfect for the role though he is getting older.

Call da man......
[Image: Adam_Jones_%28American_football%29.JPG]
Reply/Quote
You guys bring up the Steelers adapting by singing Patterson.

It's Henry that is going to eat everyone alive. There is no legal way of tackling him anymore since you can't wrap up and use your weight to help bring him down.

Go high and you'll be stiff armed to hell.

Henry about to explode for 15000 yards.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can see a lot of teams looking to the XFL for their top KR. Afterall, these guys are already used to the rules. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some special team coaches getting poached. Get some people with experience with these rules on staff to help shorten the learning curve

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 12:28 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Plenty of Hairbaugh's guys also do it.  It's starting to become flag football.  This rule is a direct attempt to hinder teams from playing good defense.  I think the DBs are going to have the most trouble with this.  You're going to have a 180 lbs guy trying to take down a 230lbs RB with a full head of steam?!??!  Many DBs will think of their careers and just let the RB keep truckin' on.

It is extremely hypocritical alright and just hurts the game banning this completely legal way of tackling.

This is what some of these guy's have been taught since Junior High...

(03-27-2024, 01:19 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'd also look at George Holani from Boise State with one of our 6ths.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Good one Rotobeast. Cool

(03-27-2024, 01:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: You guys bring up the Steelers adapting by singing Patterson.

It's Henry that is going to eat everyone alive. There is no legal way of tackling him anymore since you can't wrap up and use your weight to help bring him down.

Go high and you'll be stiff armed to hell.

Henry about to explode for 15000 yards.

Need to Draft a good run stopping NT no question, I am way more scared of Nick Chubb though if he comes back 100%.

Henry will fall off eventually and as long as we take care of our communication, tackling and get a NT that can take on double teams 
we should be able to handle an over the hill Derrick Henry. He had a good game against the Jags in the last game but that team just 
went off the rails on Defense since they faced us late last season.

(03-27-2024, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote: I can see a lot of teams looking to the XFL for their top KR.  Afterall, these guys are already used to the rules.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see some special team coaches getting poached.  Get some people with experience with these rules on staff to help shorten the learning curve

And the UFL, the Cowboys got a special Returner from one of these leagues, forgetting his name at this moment but think he is the 
best Kick Returner in the NFL currently.
Reply/Quote
GREAT returners about to get 5-8M
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Chiefs reacted by signing a rugby player.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-signing-welsh-rugby-star-louis-rees-zammit-from-international-player-pathway-program
Reply/Quote
Love the new kick off rule. It will change the game which isn’t a bad thing especially the kick offs.

However, the drop hip tackle rule is bad. The players union was against it. I foresee many questionable calls. There was a discussion on the NFL channel and some players believe it will cause more player injuries due to indecisiveness of the tackler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:52 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Love the new kick off rule.  It will change the game which isn’t a bad thing especially the kick offs.  

However, the drop hip tackle rule is bad.  The players union was against it.  I foresee many questionable calls.  There was a discussion on the NFL channel and some players believe it will cause more player injuries due to indecisiveness of the tackler.  

I don't think anyone will be happy with that tackling rule. Refs are going to botch that call and it is gonna cost a team, hoping it's the Ravens so Harbough can go cry about that.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:52 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Love the new kick off rule.  It will change the game which isn’t a bad thing especially the kick offs.  

However, the drop hip tackle rule is bad.  The players union was against it.  I foresee many questionable calls.  There was a discussion on the NFL channel and some players believe it will cause more player injuries due to indecisiveness of the tackler.  

Agree. Don't understand why they did this with the hip drop tackle. This is the way these guys have always been taught to tackle for a long time.

Not even being able to use your weight to bring a player down is inexcusable. Defenders I am sure are already a bit perplexed on how to tackle now.

You are right, this will probably cause indecisiveness which is never a good thing on Defense.
Reply/Quote