Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How worried should we be about the 2 Division Loses?
How worried should we be about the 2 Division loses that we should have actually won?

I would feel a lot better about playoff chances if we had at least one win from our division at this juncture!

WHO DEY!!
Reply/Quote
Not something to worry about just yet. We could very well win the last 4 division games and end up 4-2 in division.

Even if we don’t, we are tied with Ravens now and still have a H2H game left so we just have to win that game and then match their record the rest of the way for it to be a moot point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 04:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not something to worry about just yet. We could very well win the last 4 division games and end up 4-2 in division.

Even if we don’t, we are tied with Ravens now and still have a H2H game left so we just have to win that game and then match their record the rest of the way for it to be a moot point.

The rest of the Ravens schedule is a cake walk compared to the Bengals.

Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Jags, Broncos, Steelers, Browns, Falcons, Steelers, Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 04:12 PM)Synric Wrote: The rest of the Ravens schedule is a cake walk compared to the Bengals.

Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Jags, Broncos, Steelers, Browns, Falcons, Steelers, Bengals.

We have Bills and Chiefs. Is ours really much different outside of those 2 games? 
Reply/Quote
I think it should worry us somewhat. The last two weeks were great wins but they dont help us much in a tiebreaker scenario being against NFC foes. The only option now is to make sure they finish with at least 1 more win than anyone else in the division anf that will be moot
Reply/Quote
If we win the division we will be a swaggalicious winner that fears no team and asserted our way to the top of the AFN North like the alphas we are.

If we make the playoffs via wild card we will be a disrespected underdog that no one believes in that no one will see coming.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 04:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: We have Bills and Chiefs. Is ours really much different outside of those 2 games? 

Bengals have the second toughest remaining schedule according to DVOA just behind the Jets.

I know people are writing off the 4-2 Titans and the 3-3 (likely 4-3 after tonight) Patriots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Win more than the Ravens win from this point forward and it’s irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
They just need to worry about what they can control. They lost those 2 games, it's in the past. Yes, both should have been wins, but it is what it is. If they win the games they should, it won't matter in the end.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
The way I see it... during this era of Joe Burrow.

As long as we get in the playoffs we have a shot. Proved that last year as a WC
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The Ravens aren't good right now. Their offense is a shambles. They could turn it around, but right now they are pretty bad on that side of the ball.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals have the second toughest remaining schedule according to DVOA just behind the Jets.

I know people are writing off the 4-2 Titans and the 3-3 (likely 4-3 after tonight) Patriots.

I wouldn't imagine it could be by much. Pretty much every team in the AFC and NFC is very average outside of Bills and Chiefs. If you're a believer in Eagles/Giants I guess you could put them up there too but I think they'll finish closer to the pack come seasons end. 

I would imagine we'll be favored in all games except maybe those 2.
Reply/Quote
We're on a collision course with Baltimore for the division title and losing to them the first time really put us in a hole. We could easily be tied with them come season's end, so every division game from this point is a must win. We'd better have a 4-2 division record come January 9 or we may cede the division to them.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 05:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The way I see it... during this era of Joe Burrow.

As long as we get in the playoffs we have a shot. Proved that last year as a WC

The Bengals won the division last year.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals still end up with a better overall record than the division opponents, so I’m not terribly worried. If the Ravens or Browns get hot though, I may worry about it later in the year.

The Bengals look like they should win it…and all 3 of the other teams look like they should lose it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Making the playoffs no matter how is the 1st goal.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The 0-2 is spilled milk at this point and just need to worry about the division games ahead us.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We can still split with the Ravens and Stealers. No worries.
Reply/Quote
We had 2 losses on the division last season.

Admittedly one was after we had already clinched, but still.

We got 10 games left. Let the cards fall where they shall. I wouldn't sweat this shit until at least 10 games in.
Reply/Quote
The schedule is tough but has some favorable things. If it comes down to it, we end with Baltimore at home. Along the way we get both KC and Buffalo at home. Four of the last six on the schedule will be home games, and the two road games are Tampa and New England...games we could be favored.
Reply/Quote