Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubbard is kicking it with Burrow
In Miami during Super Bowl week per Dunlap.

Dunlap: "Sam's already courting him into the Bengals world."

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1222855981689761794
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:24 AM)Takedown Wrote: In Miami during Super Bowl week per Dunlap.

Dunlap: "Sam's already courting him into the Bengals world."

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1222855981689761794

LOL @ Dunlap's quote.

They have been really good friends for a while (they came into OSU at the same time, so same recruiting class, right? Or did Hubbard redshirt?), from everything I can gather, so this makes sense.

Both being raised in Ohio too, surely doesn't hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL @ Dunlap's quote.

They have been really good friends for a while (they came into OSU at the same time, so same recruiting class, right? Or did Hubbard redshirt?), from everything I can gather, so this makes sense.

In a video, Dunlap did say they'll be really good friends forever regardless of where Burrow goes in the draft.

Everyone including Burrow knows he's going to be a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:31 AM)Takedown Wrote: In a video, Dunlap did say they'll be really good friends forever regardless of where Burrow goes in the draft.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hadn't really thought about it, but Burrow will come into the locker room already knowing Huibbard, Price and the other OSU alum.
Reply/Quote
I’m just going to pretend that this was the plan the entire time. Our front office was 3 steps ahead of the rest of the NFL on this one. They knew Burrow would be one of the best QB prospects in some time, brought in some of his friends to make him more comfortable, and tanked at just the right time to bring him here. Is this what it feels like to have a competent front office?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:50 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m just going to pretend that this was the plan the entire time. Our front office was 3 steps ahead of the rest of the NFL on this one. They knew Burrow would be one of the best QB prospects in some time, brought in some of his friends to make him more comfortable, and tanked at just the right time to bring him here. Is this what it feels like to have a competent front office?

They knew that two years ago when he wasn't starting at Ohio St? Because that's when Price and Hubbard were drafted.
You'd think if they were psychic like that they'd have drafted way better the past few years  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:31 AM)Takedown Wrote: In a video, Dunlap did say they'll be really good friends forever regardless of where Burrow goes in the draft.

Agreed. I feel like it’s merely a formality at this point. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the team already has a deal in place.

Of course, the media is going to speculate and debate until they’re blue in the face right up until draft day (because what else are they going to do Whatever a first overall pick that is locked in is boring news). But I think it’s fairly obvious Burrow and everyone knows this is inevitable
Reply/Quote
Good news on Hubbard/JB9 connection
Reply/Quote
Please Mike Brown get Burrow a couple of top tier free agents!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:50 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m just going to pretend that this was the plan the entire time. Our front office was 3 steps ahead of the rest of the NFL on this one. They knew Burrow would be one of the best QB prospects in some time, brought in some of his friends to make him more comfortable, and tanked at just the right time to bring him here. Is this what it feels like to have a competent front office?

Mike Brown's playin' chess while the rest of the league plays checkers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They knew that two years ago when he wasn't starting at Ohio St? Because that's when Price and Hubbard were drafted.
You'd think if they were psychic like that they'd have drafted way better the past few years  Hilarious

You have to set up the long game con job...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL @ Dunlap's quote.

They are a year apart.  Sam entered OSU in 2014, Joe in 2015

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 12:47 PM)jason Wrote: You have to set up the long game con job...

Ahh, yes.
The Bengals secretly scouted Burrow while he was at Ohio St.
And when they found out he wasn't going to start over Haskins, they got LSU to hire Ed Orgeron, have Orgeron convince Burrow to transfer, and then get LSU to turn their offense into a high-powered passing offense with the combination of Joe Burrow and Joe Brady.

It all culminated with the hiring of Zac Taylor, who they knew would get the team to the 1st overall pick after his 1st season as HC.

BRILLIANT!  :andy:
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 12:41 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Please Mike Brown get Burrow a couple of top tier free agents!

Despite Burrow's great pocket awareness, he will still need OL help. Mike may see money symbols when drafting Burrow for more than just selling jersey's.

"Wow that boy can evade pressure well! No point in investing a ton of money into the o-line with Joe behind center!"

I hope Mike protects his investment in Burrow as the #1 pick by grabbing him some proven blockers in FA. That would allow us to maybe go defense in rounds 2-4.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh, yes.
And when they found out he wasn't going to start over Haskins, they got LSU to hire Ed Orgeron, have Orgeron convince Burrow to transfer, and then get LSU to turn their offense into a high-powered passing offense with the combination of Joe Burrow and Joe Brady.

It all culminated with the hiring of Zac Taylor, who they knew would get the team to the 1st overall pick after his 1st season as HC.

Yep

And the final move will be to get Joe Brady as our new HC for 2021.

And introducing the new Mike Brown:

[Image: wile-coyote-A.jpg?resize=640%2C388&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

And the final move will be to get Joe Brady as our new HC for 2021.

And introducing the new Mike Brown:

[Image: wile-coyote-A.jpg?resize=640%2C388&ssl=1]

If you mean Katie Blackburn, you may as well introduce Kevin Bacon.
Hilarious
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Back in December I noticed Burrow and retweeted a Bengals tweet about Hubbard being second in tackles for a DE and realized they must be friends.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 12:41 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Please Mike Brown get Burrow a couple of top tier free agents!

This is my thought about this, I am sick of debating possible trade scenarios where people are saying someone like Hunley
or Fromm or Eason and more picks would be worth trading Burrow. We keep seeing post after post refuting these trade 
rumors and here is just another one. Lets get Burrow a good O-line in front of him and draft him some weapons.

The writing is on the wall in giant letters...

JOE BURROW 1st overall pick to Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh, yes.

Now you’re getting it. Feels good to have a front office ahead of the game doesn’t it? My guess is they already have their next head coach picked, just a matter of squandering the next 4 years of Burrow’s career so we can fire Zac Taylor and bring them in. I really can’t wait for those days. Those are are going to be good days.
Reply/Quote