Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubbard reminds me of JJ Watt
Seriously this kid is coming along nicely. He’s very powerful and quick. Can’t bek he dropped as low as he did
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Seriously this kid is coming along nicely. He’s very powerful and quick. Can’t bek he dropped as low as he did

Right. And Cedric Ogbuehi reminds me of Anthony Munoz, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:21 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Right. And Cedric Ogbuehi reminds me of Anthony Munoz, too.

What's the utterly lame smiley look like?  Or maybe I'll just say it--utterly lame.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well, they both play defensive end and are both white...

...and the comparisons end there.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Seriously this kid is coming along nicely. He’s very powerful and quick. Can’t bek he dropped as low as he did

I like the kid a lot, but I definitely don't see JJ Watt. I don't really know of a comparison yet. I just love his motor, speed, and intelligence of the game. 

Great pick by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:26 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Well, they both play defensive end and are both white...

Ty Parten.  He and Hubbard were both third round picks by the Bengals

[Image: TyParten.jpg]
Reply/Quote

He does remind me more of JJ Watt than he does of JJ from Good Times!
Reply/Quote
I think the more appropriate term could be he is a 'poor mans Watt' so to speak if comparing them, at least looking at Watt's rookie rookie season.

But Watt's second season is when he exploded with 20.5 sacks, followed up the next 3 seasons with 10.5, 20.5, and 17.5 sacks. Then he got hurt in 2016 & 17 not doing much. And this season already has 6 sacks.

I think Hubbard is going to be good, real good. I doubt he will put up numbers like Watt did, but I see him as a solidified starter next season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He isn't quite there, yet. Love the pickup though!

Reply/Quote
At least this thread made me laugh.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:26 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Well, they both play defensive end and are both white...

They played in the Big 10.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:26 PM)thillan Wrote: I like the kid a lot, but I definitely don't see JJ Watt. I don't really know of a comparison yet. I just love his motor, speed, and intelligence of the game. 

Great pick by the Bengals.

Rob Ninkovich
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think the more appropriate term could be he is a 'poor mans Watt' so to speak if comparing them, at least looking at Watt's rookie rookie season.

But Watt's second season is when he exploded with 20.5 sacks, followed up the next 3 seasons with 10.5, 20.5, and 17.5 sacks. Then he got hurt in 2016 & 17 not doing much. And this season already has 6 sacks.

I think Hubbard is going to be good, real good. I doubt he will put up numbers like Watt did, but I see him as a solidified starter next season.

I'm a super-poor man's Watt.

I'm Soup-man.

Soup is a meal...

or is it... ???

PS - This post is not "Mmm Mmm Good"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he becomes the Greatest defensive player ever like Watt then that would be a hell of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If he becomes the Greatest defensive player ever like Watt then that would be a hell of accomplishment.

Watt is not Lawrence Taylor...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Watt is not Lawrence Taylor...

Or even Reggie White or Ronnie Lott.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hubbard will set his own legacy. Hope it’s an awesome one here in Cincy. If lame, will retire a Brown.

Reply/Quote
The comparison might of been closer to that of TJ watt
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If he becomes the Greatest defensive player ever like Watt then that would be a hell of accomplishment.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:34 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Who's better?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote