Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hubbard says Bengals playing for Harambe
This is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkSKyHSGMa0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkSKyHSGMa0

Travesty of what happened to that animal, life can be really unfair sometimes... And yes, he is just as much a part of, "modern-day Cincinnati Lore," than the Bengals, the Reds or anything else, so playing for him (even being cheeky about it) is more than acceptable, in my book.

Timestamped, btw, for those who don't want to listen to these morons: https://youtu.be/rkSKyHSGMa0?t=3893
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Travesty of what happened to that animal, life can be really unfair sometimes... And yes, he is just as much a part of, "modern-day Cincinnati Lore," than the Bengals, the Reds or anything else, so playing for him (even being cheeky about it) is more than acceptable, in my book.

Timestamped, btw, for those who don't want to listen to these morons: https://youtu.be/rkSKyHSGMa0?t=3893

Oh, I didn't mean to make light of the tragedy that was Harambe's death.  I just thought Hubbard talking about how me might have tried to take on Harambe and avoid him getting shot was cool.

There is a picture on the twitter story version of it with Harambe looking over the stadium.  

Still pisses me off that some clueless mom let their kid fall in there.  Ugh.  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Oh, I didn't mean to make light of the tragedy that was Harambe's death.  I just thought Hubbard talking about how me might have tried to take on Harambe and avoid him getting shot was cool.

There is a picture on the twitter story version of it with Harambe looking over the stadium.  

Absolutely Racer; I never once even thought that you were making light; no offense taken or meant, I promise :)

I was just stating that it is truly sad. I'm no zoology expert, but I know for a damn fact that a Tranq. is JUST as dangerous when flying through the air, as a friggin' bullet, so unless the narrative has changed (I stopped following the sitch about a week after it happened), I still think that, "a bullet was the more-safe choice than a tranquilizer dart/whatever," is the most BS, horrible copout I've ever read in the treatment of an animal.

And yes, **** that mother; if that isn't neglect, I don't know what is and she should have been made responsible, in some way, for the death of a completely innocent animal.

Hubbard is awesome, a complete class-act and there's a reason why he's my favourite player currently on the team, after Burrow.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 12:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely Racer; I never once even thought that you were making light; no offense taken or meant, I promise :)

I was just stating that it is truly sad. I'm no zoology expert, but I know for a damn fact that a Tranq. is JUST as dangerous when flying through the air, as a friggin' bullet, so unless the narrative has changed (I stopped following the sitch about a week after it happened), I still think that, "a bullet was the more-safe choice than a tranquilizer dart/whatever," is the most BS, horrible copout I've ever read in the treatment of an animal.

And yes, **** that mother; if that isn't neglect, I don't know what is and she should have been made responsible, in some way, for the death of a completely innocent animal.

Hubbard is awesome, a complete class-act and there's a reason why he's my favourite player currently on the team, after Burrow.

With you brother...Hubbard is a very solid talent and seems to have his biggest moments in his biggest games.  The fact that he grew up here, and is helping to change the narrative he saw for a lot of his life is just beyond cool.  The fact that he also became such great friends with Burrow at OSU and the two are now pillars of strength on the Bengals is just outstanding.
Reply/Quote
He may be my favorite player either Burrow and Chase
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Oh, I didn't mean to make light of the tragedy that was Harambe's death.  I just thought Hubbard talking about how me might have tried to take on Harambe and avoid him getting shot was cool.

I didn't have time to watch the whole thing and did not see him talking about this, but sure he was joking and is not that stupid. No human is more than a gnat to a full grown Gorilla.
Reply/Quote
Harambe's spirit was with him during the last Chief drive for sure.

I like that.

Win for Harambe.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
There's a STH who sits somewhere around section 108 or 109 on the west side of PBS, that dresses as Harambe for each game. He wears a gorilla mask and gloves, and his jersey says 'Harambe' and the number 69.

So, Harambe is with us in spirit each home game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hubbard starts around 104:50 for those who don't want to listen to these jokers talk about random shyt.
Reply/Quote
Not to further sidetrack this discussion, but Thane Maynard (zoo director) is a loooong time friend. He was devastated to make the decision to kill Harambe, but felt as though it was the only choice.
Reply/Quote
Dicks out
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Travesty of what happened to that animal, life can be really unfair sometimes... And yes, he is just as much a part of, "modern-day Cincinnati Lore," than the Bengals, the Reds or anything else, so playing for him (even being cheeky about it) is more than acceptable, in my book.

Thanks for the timestamp, had given up the first time trying to watch. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This should be the new Bengals Harambe...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/naples-zoo-tiger-killed-after-grabbing-man-arm/
Reply/Quote
So....are the players going to be playing with their dicks out? Might be an advantage. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 01:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There's a STH who sits somewhere around section 108 or 109 on the west side of PBS

Is he the master or the apprentice? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: So....are the players going to be playing with their dicks out? Might be an advantage. 

Awe FFS, then we'd have a Brad thread about how magnificent some of them are that will go another 97 pages. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 12:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is he the master or the apprentice? Ninja

He might be the master of his domain, but who knows what he does while he wears that gorilla getup?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

For Harambe!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 06:55 PM)STR1PES Wrote: For Harambe!

How awsome is this !?  we say we are playing for Harambe and it just adds to the whole season. Great PR move by Hubbard
Reply/Quote