Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hubbard was Mic'd up!!!

I thought this was crazy enough to deserve it's own thread.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the end of the run will resemble donething a 911 dispatcher would hear in training. That was an epic play.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:46 AM)phil413 Wrote: I'm sure the end of the run will resemble donething a 911 dispatcher would hear in training.  That was an epic play.

Yeah the in play stuff usually sucks on Mic'd up. But hopefully we get to hear some good things on the sideline after that one.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Easily one of the craziest plays in Bengals history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Hell, I'm out of breath just reading how far he traveled. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

And finally in a good way.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hubbard trying to celebrate on the sideline between bigs hits off the oxygen tank lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Andrews almost caught him and 51 (Bachie?) came awful close to a block in the back. Gotta get in front of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:44 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:

Overall, the announcers for this game were best I've seen all year. Beyond this Tirico call (where he wisely didn't distract by wondering if the ball had crossed the plane of the goal line), the announcing team really knew a lot about the Bengals. They did a detailed analysis of the offensive line, noted the importance of Chido's absence, address the elephant in the room in terms of being able to sign all these playmakers to future contracts, and really knew details about the Bengals players. I enjoyed the humor where after repeatedly saying the right side of the line was the weakness with two substitutes in those positions, after Williams went out, they laughed, "now the right side of the line is the strong point."

Overall, nice to have an announcing crew that understands details about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Overall, the announcers for this game were best I've seen all year. Beyond this Tirico call (where he wisely didn't distract by wondering if the ball had crossed the plane of the goal line), the announcing team really knew a lot about the Bengals. They did a detailed analysis of the offensive line, noted the importance of Chido's absence, address the elephant in the room in terms of being able to sign all these playmakers to future contracts, and really knew details about the Bengals players. I enjoyed the humor where after repeatedly saying the right side of the line was the weakness with two substitutes in those positions, after Williams went out, they laughed, "now the right side of the line is the strong point."

Overall, nice to have an announcing crew that understands details about the Bengals.

Agree in the main. Collingsworth was dead wring about Sample being out of position at DE, though. He is a DE all the way and has started multiple games there recently when Hubbard & Hendrickson were out. Collingsworth also said Hendrickson had "a minor wrist issue." Yeah, it's BROKEN! 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Overall, the announcers for this game were best I've seen all year. Beyond this Tirico call (where he wisely didn't distract by wondering if the ball had crossed the plane of the goal line), the announcing team really knew a lot about the Bengals. They did a detailed analysis of the offensive line, noted the importance of Chido's absence, address the elephant in the room in terms of being able to sign all these playmakers to future contracts, and really knew details about the Bengals players. I enjoyed the humor where after repeatedly saying the right side of the line was the weakness with two substitutes in those positions, after Williams went out, they laughed, "now the right side of the line is the strong point."

I know people don't like to see it. But Collinsworth is a fan of the Bengals. He just can't show it being a national broadcaster. I'm pretty sure I've seen him mention in an interview before that he watches all the Bengals games he just can't watch them live sometimes. I'm biased but I think Trico's call on the Hubbard return was one of the all time calls.
Reply/Quote
Just watched that Hubbard run. Gus Edwards gave up on that thing early. How easily Andrews got throught there, Edwards couldve made a play
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Joe Burrow at the end of this is priceless.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Andrews almost caught him and 51 (Bachie?) came awful close to a block in the back. Gotta get in front of them.

That was Markus Bailey, came close to a block in the back but he hit him in the side from what I saw.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was Markus Bailey, came close to a block in the back but he hit him in the side from what I saw.

Dude has been our best ST player all season. He honestly should have been a Pro Bowler.

Reply/Quote