Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubbard "way ahead of the curve"
(06-21-2018, 09:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eifert's salary is for this year, whereas an extension is future money, thus its redundant in the extension scheme of things.

True but I was thinking maybe signing bonus money or including increasing this years pay to make an extension more attractive.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 07:45 PM)jason Wrote: All of the euphemisms used to describe "white guy"...

I would say that they are more used to describe Defensive Players. A high motor guy is like Taz. For some reason I identify smaller guys as scrappy more than bigger guys. Not everyone has to make everything about black or white, black and orange is more like it.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't be very surprised, either.  Truth of the matter is, MJ hasn't been the guy he once was, since the last season of his first tenure here.  Folks keep pointing to the fact that he's decent versus the run, and can shift to DT in obvious passing situations.  That's all well and good, but the primary skill that is looked for in a 4-3 RDE, is being able to put heat on the passer.  He no longer does that.

I don't know if the year in Tampa did something to his psyche, or zapped his mojo, or what.  But, the truth is that he hasn't looked like himself since coming back.  It's saddening to acknowledge that, as I used to have a high regard for his value to the team.

Oh I agree Sunset,

Fact is MJ is of little use at DE, I was basically just being nice. If this team is to truly take the steps necessary to become a real contender and not a pretender. This loyalty to the end of the contract stuff has to stop !

MJ's contributions to this team this season just won't add up to his pay or eating up a roster spot - in all likelyhood.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 07:45 PM)jason Wrote: All of the euphemisms used to describe "white guy"...

Pretty much. This article is a fun read:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your-white-guy-code-word-power-rankings.html

Hope Hubbard in bringing his lunch pail.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2018, 01:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I meant this offseason compared to the previous offseason. They added a couple of good players to that line vs. letting 2 walk. They signed a new OLine coach, Pac-Man is gone. I think those were better decisions than the previous year. They still make some bad decisions such as Marvin and Eifert being back.

no coach would do any better working for Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 11:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I agree Sunset,

Fact is MJ is of little use at DE, I was basically just being nice. If this team is to truly take the steps necessary to become a real contender and not a pretender. This loyalty to the end of the contract stuff has to stop !

MJ's contributions to this team this season just won't add up to his pay or eating up a roster spot - in all likelyhood.
agreed
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2018, 11:06 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Sounds good, will this mean goodbye to MJ?

I was just thinking about how bright our future is at DE. Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson, and Hubbard are going to be pretty imposing paired up with Dunlap. Carlos has alot left in the tank. I hope he re-signs. 

Thoughts on MJ: Would they keep a fifth DE? I don't think so. And I don't see a spot for him at DT, either. I've always liked MJ, but I'm not sure he makes the cut this year. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
[Image: grainofsalt.jpg]

Does.. "The greatest rookie cornerback I have ever seen." sound familiar?

Hope he turns out to be a great player, but just remember Dennard went from being the best rookie CB Marvin had ever seen, to taking 4 years to finally contributing to the team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sam is the real deal

https://youtu.be/6EhZKc0u7_Y
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 11:09 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Sam is the real deal

https://youtu.be/6EhZKc0u7_Y

If he can manage to take Bell and Ben down in the same play?  He'll become an instant legend.   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
All you have to do is look at his film. He has excellent change of direction for a big man, good first step, good bull rush and swim move, reads plays like a LB or S, can cover the flat, rarely gets out of position, and never gives up on a play. He would have been the #1 DL on all but about 4 or 5 schools. The only reason he didn't get more press is because of the Bosa boys.
Reply/Quote
The guy has a high motor, that's for sure. He's going to be a great addition to our rotation. And I just don't think MJ is going to make it. Just my opinion.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 11:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he can manage to take Bell and Ben down in the same play?  He'll become an instant legend.   Cool

He'll be the first guy to get a Hall of Fame induction mid-season...
Reply/Quote
bigger nick vigil
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 11:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he can manage to take Bell and Ben down in the same play?  He'll become an instant legend.   Cool

The, in classic 'Nova fashion, jump up and yell "Suck me, beautiful"......
Reply/Quote