Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber Appreciation Thread
The Cincinnati Kid hit his 200th game yesterday. He’s been through the highs and lows, even getting his neck injury but never giving up. I love the guy, huge shout out to Kevin freakin Huber!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The Cincinnati Kid hit his 200th game yesterday. He’s been through the highs and lows, even getting his neck injury but never giving up. I love the guy, huge shout out to Kevin freakin Huber!

Wasn't it a broken jaw?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wasn't it a broken jaw?

The neck bone IS connected to the jaw bone. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Fractured jaw, they called it, which with my lack of medical training I assume means the same thing.  If not, someone will be along to set the record straight.  He also had a vertebral fracture in his neck.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Ah, you’re right, I forgot it was more the jaw. I just remember the pic of the poor guy in the hospital with the huge neck brace. Either way, dude is one tough mofo.
Reply/Quote

Broken jaw and cracked vertebrae.

Quote:Huber, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve, sustained a broken jaw and cracked vertebrae when popped by Garvin during a first-quarter punt return in Sunday night's 30-20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Here is the hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIO1bDFJ4PE

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Do punters qualify as players?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I remember his massive punt in the hurricane like rainfall from our endzone against the Pats in...... Ok, I can't remember what year that was.... to back Brady and co up in which they couldn't move the ball at all in the weather. When we got the ball to close the game the sun came up and it was if it was all apart of the football gods plans for us to win that day.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do punters qualify as players?

Over the last few years he certainly has gotten a lot of playing time, so yes.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do punters qualify as players?

No, just playas
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: No, just playas

"Yo, babe, I'm a football player."
"Oh really? What position do you play?"
"Punter ... why are you laughing? Stop laughing. HELP SOMEONE! THIS LADY JUST PASSED OUT FROM LAUGHING TOO HARD!!"

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:

Broken jaw and cracked vertebrae.

Here is the hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIO1bDFJ4PE

Why does Collingsworth have such a huge crush on Poopsburgh? I'm referring to the video. He always sounds giddy when talking about them.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:40 PM)Mer Wrote: Why does Collingsworth have such a huge crush on Poopsburgh? I'm referring to the video. He always sounds giddy when talking about them.

Collinsworth FWIW

But I asked the same thing in a another thread last night. It was sickening and he was doing it all night. I'm pretty sure he got moist when Pitt took the lead; he could even talk straight. Then after they lost. Once the broadcast came back it was just Al Michaels.I assume CC was off somewhere crying. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Collinsworth FWIW

But I asked the same thing in a another thread last night. It was sickening and he was doing it all night. I'm pretty sure he got moist when Pitt took the lead; he could even talk straight. Then after they lost. Once the broadcast came back it was just Al Michaels.I assume CC was off somewhere crying. 

I know it's his job, but Come On! You are a former Bengal and they were your biggest rival. 
Reply/Quote
He will end the regular season tied with Ken Riley for most regular-season games played as a Bengal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: I remember his massive punt in the hurricane like rainfall from our endzone against the Pats in...... Ok, I can't remember what year that was.... to back Brady and co up in which they couldn't move the ball at all in the weather. When we got the ball to close the game the sun came up and it was if it was all apart of the football gods plans for us to win that day.

Ahh i remember making jokes about mike brown buying a weather machine after that game.... lol
Reply/Quote

(11-22-2021, 05:39 PM)Mer Wrote: I know it's his job, but Come On! You are a former Bengal and they were your biggest rival. 

He's in a job where he has to appeal to the audience, and a lot of the audience are Steelers fans.

It's the same thing with people like Kirk Herbstreit hating on OSU. You say shit that brings the people in.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ahh i remember making jokes about mike brown buying a weather machine after that game.... lol

LOL, Mike Brown spending his own money on the Bengals.... I think you mean Hamilton County buying a weather machine for Mike Brown.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:40 PM)Mer Wrote: Why does Collingsworth have such a huge crush on Poopsburgh? I'm referring to the video. He always sounds giddy when talking about them.

Because he's a goofball. I was going to add that...nvm. He's a goofball. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

If he wasn't such a ***** he'd be Collinsworth, but since he's a ***** it's collingsworth.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote