Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber Released
They should make a movie about Kevin Huber and call it, We Need To Talk About Kevin. At least as long as Huber doesn't go on a killing spree it'll have a hell of a lot better ending than the original..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for so many good years Kevin. And good luck with whatever is next.
Reply/Quote
Thank you to Mr Huber for all the years of good work and best of luck in the future.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Always liked Huber. He certainly has seen a lot as a Bengal over his career good and bad. Hopefully the Bengals will get that ring this year so he will have one.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 09:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: They should make a movie about Kevin Huber and call it, We Need To Talk About Kevin. At least as long as Huber doesn't go on a killing spree it'll have a hell of a lot better ending than the original..  Cool

Ok, I can't let an obscure film reference like that go by without commenting.  Mrs. Llama and I had been dating a year or two when we saw an ad for that on tv one night.  We looked at one another and remarked that we had to go see it.  That Kevin was one creepy mofo to be sure. 

As to our Kevin, it's sad to see him go.  It seems like he's been here forever, and in football terms, he basically has.  Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 10:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Thanks for so many good years Kevin. And good luck with whatever is next.

Whatever is next is apparently the practice squad:

"plans to stick around on the practice squad and help mentor Drue Chrisman while keeping his own game sharp.

After being released from the roster Monday in favor of the first-year Chrisman, Huber, 37, plans on signing Tuesday if he clears waivers and then be back at Paycor Stadium for Wednesday's practice."

https://www.bengals.com/news/kevin-huber-looking-to-return-to-practice-squad-after-release
Reply/Quote
Always hate to see a good one leave, but it was time. Huber gave the team a lot of good years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't think they kept Huber around to break a record or anything like that. I think they were just being very cautious about doing anything that might disrupt special teams - particularly the Field Goal operation. Huber was never a top punter for distance but he was reliable and his placement was good. When that wasn't the case early this season, it was time.
Reply/Quote