Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber is Back
Our MVP from 2020 is back... Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Glad he's staying.

I mean, if he wishes to retire after this year, by all means, but he's:

1. Born and raised in Cincinnati.
2. Played all 4 (it was 4, right?) years for the Bearcats and all 12 years with the Bengals.
3. Still lives here and (according to Twitter), has bought a new place in the city to live with his family
4. Our best punter ever (and he's been good too)
5. Not desired (at least publically) by the rest of the league.
6. Will be receiving snaps from (basically) the only long-snapper he's ever known and has chemistry with.

So yeah, bringing him back is a 100% no-brainer. If he wants to retire, let him retire, but if he's still active, sign him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Huber and hopes he punts as long as he wants here. He’s a Cincinnati legend.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 05:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Glad he's staying.

2. Played all 4 (it was 4, right?) years for the Bearcats and all 12 years with the Bengals.
3. Still lives here and (according to Twitter), has bought a new place in the city to live with his family
6. Will be receiving snaps from (basically) the only long-snapper he's ever known and has chemistry with.

So yeah, bringing him back is a 100% no-brainer. If he wants to retire, let him retire, but if he's still active, sign him.

Nailed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

He has a great family. I coached a soccer team and his younger sister played on a team in the same club. You nailed it.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our MVP from 2020 is back... Sarcasm

Why is that sarcastic? He probably WAS the MVP. There's 3 phases to the game, and Huber is one of the best punters in the league.
Reply/Quote
If he plays all 17 games this season, he ties Ken Riley for most games as a Bengal. He has been the one constant over the last 12 years, good every year.
Reply/Quote
Good re-signing. Huber is about as solid as you get.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good.
Reply/Quote
Can we clone him? Say he retired after this year and we signed Hevin Kuber?
Reply/Quote
Awesome news.

He's been a rock for our special teams.
Reply/Quote

I can't believe no one else would not have interest in the guy.... he's been good here. He's really good inside the 20. Just gotta hope there's no fall off yet.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Good, he has done a good job at his position.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why is that sarcastic? He probably WAS the MVP. There's 3 phases to the game, and Huber is one of the best punters in the league.

I guess I used wrong emoji.

I was saying sad our MVP was our punter, love Huber but not good if your punter is your MVP.

Reply/Quote
The behind the back move against Washington was still the best thing I've seen a Punter do.

Glad to have him back, he's as reliable as they come.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can't believe no one else would not have interest in the guy.... he's been good here. He's really good inside the 20. Just gotta hope there's no fall off yet.

I actually think he likes it here and the Ohio area in general. He might have had some offers but didn't entertain them. Then again people aren't running out to sign Punters super early in free agency anyways.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 10:46 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I actually think he likes it here and the Ohio area in general. He might have had some offers but didn't entertain them. Then again people aren't running out to sign Punters super early in free agency anyways.

Probably why the Bengals went ahead and resigned him early, so someone else wouldn't.
Reply/Quote
Dude has earned the right to just stay here until he wants. Cincinnati man through and through.
Reply/Quote
As far as I'm concerned Huber is one of the 5 greatest punters in NFL history.

Of Punters with at least 700 plus punters, his average of 45.3 per punt is only bested significantly by Kern (46), Lee (46.5) and Lechler (47.6).

Of Punters with 700 plus punts his net average is 5th best of all time at 40.4, even better than Lechler. Which means he's not just line driving it, he's allowing his coverage to close in.

He's outlasted just about ever Bengal in terms of games.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I can't believe no one else would not have interest in the guy.... he's been good here. He's really good inside the 20. Just gotta hope there's no fall off yet.

(03-22-2021, 10:46 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I actually think he likes it here and the Ohio area in general. He might have had some offers but didn't entertain them. Then again people aren't running out to sign Punters super early in free agency anyways.

Bingo! Hence my, "not publicly," comment, as punters are typically not mentioned as hot commodities in FA.

I think Lee and Lechler have the been the only punters ever, to get talked about in FA or otherwise (actually, for the, "otherwise," part, add Marquette King lol)

(03-23-2021, 09:50 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: As far as I'm concerned Huber is one of the 5 greatest punters in NFL history.

Of Punters with at least 700 plus punters, his average of 45.3 per punt is only bested significantly by Kern (46), Lee (46.5) and Lechler (47.6).

Of Punters with 700 plus punts his net average is 5th best of all time at 40.4, even better than Lechler. Which means he's not just line driving it, he's allowing his coverage to close in.

He's outlasted just about ever Bengal in terms of games.

That is helped with excellent coaching and being a savvy punter; combine the two and you can see why our STs is superb, on the whole.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote