Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huckabee praises Paraguay for denying abortion for 10 year old raped by her stepdad
(08-17-2015, 12:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems kinda hypocritical. Morality takes a back seat here because of law; yet, morality takes a front seat there because of law.

Am I understanding you correctly in that forcing a 10yr girl to keep the baby after being raped is the morally correct thing to do in your opinion?
(08-17-2015, 12:18 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Am I understanding you correctly in that forcing a 10yr girl to keep the baby after being raped is the morally correct thing to do in your opinion?

No you are not.

Most discussions here turn into it doesn't matter what your opinion of morality is, the law has stated that it is not a viable life so shut up.

In the country in the OP the law states the mother must keep the baby. Why can't I just tell you to shut up?

The answer is: The law does not dictate your sense of morality.

Save the "bfine thinks a 11 year old should be forced to carry a baby that was a result of rape" and I will safe "folks here are in favoe of murdering babies".

Anybody that finds fault with this situation should never be able to say again "because the law says so"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-17-2015, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No you are not.

Most discussions here turn into it doesn't matter what your opinion of morality is, the law has stated that it is not a viable life so shut up.

In the country in the OP the law states the mother must keep the baby. Why can't I just tell you to shut up?

Save the "bfine thinks a 11 year old should be forced to carry a baby that was a result of rape" and I will safe "folks here are in favoe of murdering babies".

Anybody that finds fault with this situation should never be able to say again "because the law says so"

I thought I was misunderstanding you. 

And I totally get that the law does not dictate morality. I don't think I've ever used the "because the law says so" argument, mainly because I don't think it's a good argument.

Anyway what happened to that poor little girl is horrendous. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

If you can hear this question for way up there on that horse:  What IS your opinion of the case?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I used to like Huckabee, until I seen what a harsh stance on abortion and SSM he had.
Sad
(08-16-2015, 07:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your right pat this is interesting, especially considering the national debate that is happening.  

I don't care for huckabee for the most part but in an attempt to be considerate of his views without my bias towards him.  

I can see where adding the trauma of a girl having to live with killing Her own baby . On top of the already traumatic rape at a young age.   I can't see how that's going to help anything long term.     In the short term.... Yes it will help to kill the baby.  But that's only gonna cover the trauma underneath.  

At least with the baby alive she may have a chance to come to grips and see that it was not all bad.   Plus she isn't dealing with the idea that she killed her own kid.    

Should she raise the baby?  I think that's ridiculous to expect her to do that....  

A tough choice indeed.

It's heart warming to know an 11 year old raising an infant can take solace in something.

Can you explain this to me in plain English?