Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huddle Report Mock
(03-06-2019, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be really surprised it we passed on Ed Oliver.  I would rather get him and trade back in to the end of Rd 1 (Hello Pats?) and got Devin Bush.  I like him almost as much as White.  Then I would try to get the kid from WVU to be our MLB (David Long Jr) in Rd 3-4.  

The Bengals offense will be a force with a healthy squad and a bit more depth at TE and OT.  Defense should rule the day early on this draft.

If the Bengals came away with Oliver, Bush, and Long Jr in the first two days, I would be beyond ecstatic.

I think Bush's floor is 20 to the Steelers. Kevin Colbert mentioned this off season that their inability to replace Ryan Shazier has hurt the team and it needs to be addressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is cap numbers and cash numbers. I 100% believe Gruden was the fall guy for the fact Davis could not pay the actual cash needed for a signing bonus to re sign Mack.

I would have found a way to keep Mack and pay Mack.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think Bush's floor is 20 to the Steelers. Kevin Colbert mentioned this off season that their inability to replace Ryan Shazier has hurt the team and it needs to be addressed.

The Bengals broke their traditional mold in drafting Ross...The steelers typically like bigger, longer LBs than a guy like Bush.  I hope they pass on him.  Because.... I like Bush... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would have found a way to keep Mack and pay Mack.  

The Raiders are actually cash poor. It's a real problem that everyone in the NFL knows. People look at the cap as a number to stay under but it represents payroll you have to make. The issue is the signing bonus Mack wanted required a lot of cash on hand and that would have effected the Raiders ability to....like pay bills haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals broke their traditional mold in drafting Ross...The steelers typically like bigger, longer LBs than a guy like Bush.  I hope they pass on him.  Because.... I like Bush... Nervous

He is a stud. I think in terms of MLB they want speed because that is what Shazier brought speed and devastating hits.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals broke their traditional mold in drafting Ross...The steelers typically like bigger, longer LBs than a guy like Bush.  I hope they pass on him.  Because.... I like Bush... Nervous

Who doesn’t like a good Bush?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 11:04 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Who doesn’t like a good Bush?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid's these days, they are all into.....never mind 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think Bush's floor is 20 to the Steelers. Kevin Colbert mentioned this off season that their inability to replace Ryan Shazier has hurt the team and it needs to be addressed.

Which the Bengals would do well to consider.   I realize they're a 3-4 defense, but they have traditionally been successful because of a strong front seven.  When they lost their best LB it hurt them.

It made a significant difference for our defenses when we Takeo Spikes, Odell Thurman and Vontaze Burfict playing at the top of their game.

I'd be happy with either White or Bush.   There are other good linebackers in the draft, but they're the two top notch difference makers.
Reply/Quote

Depends.  I can see Ben stamping his feet for more weapons if they do trade AB.  I could see them looking at Metcalf since he's had a lot of success with similar WR's like Wallace and Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 01:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Depends.  I can see Ben stamping his feet for more weapons if they do trade AB.  I could see them looking at Metcalf since he's had a lot of success with similar WR's like Wallace and Bryant.

The Steelers have done so well finding WR talent outside the first I just don't see it. AB, Martavious Bryant, Mike Wallace, Ju Ju, Emmanuel Sanders none of them were first round WR's, that just isn't what the Steelers do. This is such a deep WR class a guy like Deebo Samuel could fall to them in the 2nd, or they could come up for him. They drafted James Washington in the 2nd round last year as well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 01:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Steelers have done so well finding WR talent outside the first I just don't see it. AB, Martavious Bryant, Mike Wallace, Ju Ju, Emmanuel Sanders none of them were first round WR's, that just isn't what the Steelers do. This is such a deep WR class a guy like Deebo Samuel could fall to them in the 2nd, or they could come up for him. They drafted James Washington in the 2nd round last year as well. 
Excellent point.  As much as I hate it, they kill with later round receivers.  

They will be praying for some Bush.   Is he too much of a reach at 11 to steal him away from them?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 02:46 PM)McC Wrote: Excellent point.  As much as I hate it, they kill with later round receivers.  

They will be praying for some Bush.   Is he too much of a reach at 11 to steal him away from them?

Nah, if you took him at 11 you'd be doing okay. I think he goes in the teens no matter what because of the cliff between him and White and what is presumed to be Mack Wilson now, who's question is speed and hasn't ran yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah, if you took him at 11 you'd be doing okay. I think he goes in the teens no matter what because of the cliff between him and White and what is presumed to be Mack Wilson now, who's question is speed and hasn't ran yet. 

Two things I always like--

Killing two birds with one stone.
Sticking it to the Steelers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be really surprised it we passed on Ed Oliver.  I would rather get him and trade back in to the end of Rd 1 (Hello Pats?) and got Devin Bush.  I like him almost as much as White.  Then I would try to get the kid from WVU to be our MLB (David Long Jr) in Rd 3-4.  

The Bengals offense will be a force with a healthy squad and a bit more depth at TE and OT.  Defense should rule the day early on this draft.

If the Bengals came away with Oliver, Bush, and Long Jr in the first two days, I would be beyond ecstatic.

That would leave us with the shortest LB group in the NFL... Don't forget we did get a LB in the last draft that Merv forgot about....
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 06:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would leave us with the shortest LB group in the NFL... Don't forget we did get a LB in the last draft that Merv forgot about....

Question is, how ready is he?
Being from Oklahoma, I just don't trust those players from the Horns. Seems like they always do well in college and flame out in the NFL. It's a big time party college and a lot of the players have the talent, but don't seem to develop the desire to be better.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 06:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would leave us with the shortest LB group in the NFL... Don't forget we did get a LB in the last draft that Merv forgot about....

The height doesn't matter if you consistently miss tackles and can't cover anyone.  These guys can.  Odell Thurman had one of the most amazing rookie seasons I had seen out of a MLB and He was only 6'
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The height doesn't matter if you consistently miss tackles and can't cover anyone.  These guys can.  Odell Thurman had one of the most amazing rookie seasons I had seen out of a MLB and He was only 6'

I'll do you one better, height doesn't matter when Bush can vertical 40.5 inches. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'll do you one better, height doesn't matter when Bush can vertical 40.5 inches. 

With at least two and maybe even three QB's taken in front of us and all the studly DL talent, a possible TE, a probable OT taken(people reach for them as much as QB's), we might actually have a shot at Devin White.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 09:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Question is, how ready is he?
Being from Oklahoma, I just don't trust those players from the Horns. Seems like they always do well in college and flame out in the NFL. It's a big time party college and a lot of the players have the talent, but don't seem to develop the desire to be better.

That is the big question. 
Reply/Quote
That would be awesome if Murray goes first.

2 years in a row for the #1 Pick being the Heisman winner and a Sooner QB, and we going for 3 with the Jalen Hurts transfer. I think the Heisman will go to Tua this time, but never know! :)
Reply/Quote