Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huddle Report's Annual List of Prospects
As every year, Drew Boylhart posts his list of players and what level talent (NOT where he thinks they will be drafted) he sees; the guy basically looks at just tape and bases everything off of that, unless there is something irreparable off-field (like a serious injury or behavioural issue).

https://thehuddlereport.com/talentboard.shtml

Also, archived players going back to '04:

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive.shtml
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I can’t find and explanation for the numerical values next to each name. Could you help me out? What does 1.50 mean, for example?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 01:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I can’t find and explanation for the numerical values next to each name. Could you help me out? What does 1.50 mean, for example?

Projected round...a few that stand out... Sauce in 2nd round and Linderbaum in the 3rd
Reply/Quote
He doesn't seem to have much faith in Sauce Gardner from this write up on him, but he is high on George Pickens comparing him to Randy Moss. Guy will probably fall to round 2 and be the best WR drafted in years.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 01:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I can’t find and explanation for the numerical values next to each name. Could you help me out? What does 1.50 mean, for example?

I don't get it either ? Several names that are mentioned in top 5 of draft are in the middle of the rankings at whatever position. I realize everybody sees players different but this seems A LOT different !
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 02:17 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Projected round...a few that stand out... Sauce in 2nd round and Linderbaum in the 3rd

Wow - Linderbaum in the 3rd.  He must be very unimpressed.
Reply/Quote
Look at that report on CTB. "Potential to be a lock down corner in the near future"
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 02:17 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Projected round...a few that stand out... Sauce in 2nd round and Linderbaum in the 3rd

As I wrote, NOT what his projected round would be, but what round of a prospect he feels they are (he doesn't think 49 players are going in the first, as there are only 32 picks).

IE: He sees Linderbaum as a 3rd round talent, but he has him going #31 to us. He has Muma as a 1st round talent, but has him going after the first.

Quote:Drew uses his evaluations of each prospect to place them on the Talent Board according to the round in which that player’s talent warrants.
(of course, his opinion).

Like with everything, don't look at that number and look at his write-up; that's where the value in his evaluations is, not that number.

Breech, hope that helps a bit lol
Reply/Quote

But there are like 50 players with sub 2 rankings. Is he saying all of those guys are really first round talents and this draft is just that deep. I definitely don’t agree with that. 

Good depth in the draft but not 50 first rounders kind of depth.

Wilson in 2 is laughable

I really like CBT like someone else mentioned but his write up is over the top

Pickens will be a very interesting player to watch but again he is just going so far over the top with some of these guys
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 02:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I wrote, NOT what his projected round would be, but what round of a prospect he feels they are (he doesn't think 49 players are going in the first, as there are only 32 picks).

IE: He sees Linderbaum as a 3rd round talent, but he has him going #31 to us. He has Muma as a 1st round talent, but has him going after the first.

(of course, his opinion).

Like with everything, don't look at that number and look at his write-up; that's where the value in his evaluations is, not that number.

Breech, hope that helps a bit lol

I'd like to hear explanation why this person feels Linderbaum is only valued as a 3rd round talent.
About the only ding on him is size/length.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like to hear explanation why this person feels Linderbaum is only valued as a 3rd round talent.

Didn't someone mention the other day, how the long/tall DT from Iowa St. gave him fits all day long?  Perhaps Boylhart saw the same thing?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 03:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't someone mention the other day, how the long/tall DT from Iowa St. gave him fits all day long?  Perhaps Boylhart saw the same thing?

I don't know. I haven't been frequenting the boards or NFL stuff as much recently due to work.
Length will be about the only thing that will get him, but not every single DT is super long.
Plus, Linderbaum's wrestling background has helped him compensate somewhat for his lack of length.
So there will be times Linderbaum will get beat. But I don't think that justifies knocking him all the way down to a 3rd round prospect. He does about everything else so well.

Jason Kelce is about the same size and length as Linderbaum, and he's been a 4-time All Pro.
I think some people have PTSD from Price, but Price is a different type of player than Linderbaum.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
From this and other write-ups, it looks like we have a good shot at a corner, safety, edge player, or offensive lineman. Linebacker and DT possibly as well.

It's nice to be picking BPA in this draft. We should be able to pick up some quality depth. I'm kind of hoping for a secondary player as we haven't taken one in awhile. But if the right edge player or offensive lineman falls to us that is too good to pass up, I think you have to pull the trigger. By the sounds of it we'll be able to get a safety or corner in rounds 2-3 as well.

Might not be a bad strategy to start picking corners early in the near future as it's easier to hit on a corner early than a lot of positions--and they can play out their rookie contract to lower our overall cap.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like to hear explanation why this person feels Linderbaum is only valued as a 3rd round talent.

Not just that, although that is a concern.

It's also about what style of OL he fits into, with the wrong team, he could stink, but with the right one, he could shine.

So how many teams need a center? of those, how many does he fit? then which ones would draft him that high?

I don't see him getting drafted til at least the 2nd round.

Look at last year. Creed was a better prospect and didn't get drafted til late in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know. I haven't been frequenting the boards or NFL stuff as much recently due to work.
Length will be about the only thing that will get him, but not every single DT is super long.
Plus, Linderbaum's wrestling background has helped him compensate somewhat for his lack of length.
So there will be times Linderbaum will get beat. But I don't think that justifies knocking him all the way down to a 3rd round prospect. He does about everything else so well.

Jason Kelce is about the same size and length as Linderbaum, and he's been a 4-time All Pro.
I think some people have PTSD from Price, but Price is a different type of player than Linderbaum.

How is he and Price that much different?  There sprectrum through college is almost identical and Price is bigger...short arms for both.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 06:16 PM)spazz70 Wrote: How is he and Price that much different?  There sprectrum through college is almost identical and Price is bigger...short arms for both.

Price really wasn't the athlete that Linderbaum is.
Price was much more about physicality.
He fit a man/gap scheme better.

Linderbaum is a much better fit in a scheme that requires the OL to move.

That's my take at least.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 06:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not just that, although that is a concern.

It's also about what style of OL he fits into, with the wrong team, he could stink, but with the right one, he could shine.

So how many teams need a center? of those, how many does he fit? then which ones would draft him that high?

I don't see him getting drafted til at least the 2nd round.

Look at last year. Creed was a better prospect and didn't get drafted til late in round 2.

I think he fits very well with PHI.
Or CIN if they continue to want to run wide zone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Quote:STRENGTHS
Tyler is an undersized Offensive lineman with good athletic talent and solid overall skills to overachieve and play at a high level for the team that selects him. He does a good job in pass protection against Nose guards because he is quick off the snap and uses excellent leverage. He has enough athletic talent to go to the 2nd level and make his blocks. Tyler is smart and can make all the snaps, under center or in shotgun. In the right offensive blocking system, he could be an overachiever who becomes an excellent offensive center for the team that selects him.

CONCERNS
Tyler lacks the quick lateral agility to handle those shoot-the-gap defensive lineman unless he gets help. He also loses leverage when moving laterally and can get overwhelmed and pushed back. His combine numbers will be big for Tyler and unless they are better or equal to Jason Kelce, teams will struggle to rate him as high as most in the media have him rated. For your information Kelce ran, 40yds – 4.89, 10 yd – 1.70, 20 yds – 2.83, 20 yd shuttle – 4.14, 3 cone drill – 7.22. look for those types of numbers from Tyler to be considered in the 1st round.

BOTTOM LINE: 3.00
Is Tyler a clone of Stefen Wisniewski a 2nd round pick for the Raiders and then proceeded to play for 5 different teams in 10 yrs? Or maybe he is like Eagles Jason Kelce who was a 6th round pick and the starting center his 1st year in the NFL and a leader of a super bowl winning offensive line? Or will he be like Colts Jeff Saturday who was signed as a free agent by the Ravens, then got cut and then signed and played for the Colts as their starting center for 12 yrs helping the Colts to win a super bowl? My point is where do you select an undersized player who could overachieve? This draft has a few teams with multiple picks in the 1st round. Most of you, who have followed me over the years know that I believe that Offensive Center, along with the Quarterback position and Left Tackle position are the skilled positions for any offense. Nevertheless, for me, it would be hard for me to select Tyler early in any draft, but that’s just me. I’m sure with all of the push behind this kid for the last 2 years, a 1st round selection might happen. I don’t see it on film and that’s how I do my profiles…from film. To me, Tyler is limited to playing in a certain style of offense line scheme. That doesn’t mean I would not select him or think he could be good. It just means I struggle to pick a player who is limited (IMO) early in a draft who does not show “unique athlete talent” to overcome his lack of size. I’ve been wrong before so don’t get too upset.

Don't be afraid to click Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 06:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't be afraid to click Wink

Wasn't afraid to click.
I just didn't look close enough to notice those were links. They don't look like links upon skimming through.
Thanks
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 06:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think he fits very well with PHI.
Or CIN if they continue to want to run wide zone.

And Balt, but which of those teams needs a C in round 1 over other needs?

Balt would be his best shot for going in round 1, but i think they will go with another need first and try to get him in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote