Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson as Offensive Coordinator?
What do you think, Bengaldom? Mike Brown knows Hue Jackson is not head coach material but as an offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, Oakland, and Atlanta, he has had some success. Would anyone think it plausible that Mike might restore Hue to the position he held here in Cincinnati in 2014 and 2015 when the Bengals went 22-9-1?

Please don't misunderstand. I do NOT want this to happen. I'm just trying to get inside Mike Brown's decision-making process.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I. Want. Him. Gone.

People are talking about getting rid of players with Marvin’s stink on them? Hue is the smelliest of them all.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I. Want. Him. Gone.

People are talking about getting rid of players with Marvin’s stink on them? Hue is the smelliest of them all.

I agree with you -- but I fear Hue may be retained albeit not as head coach.  In my opinion I believe the only coaches worth retaining -- and in their current positions -- are Darrin Simmons and the special teams coaches.
Reply/Quote
Agree with Nicomo. Get him out of here. I don’t want him here.
Reply/Quote
With his record, nobody would hire him.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you think, Bengaldom?  Mike Brown knows Hue Jackson is not head coach material but as an offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, Oakland, and Atlanta, he has had some success.  Would anyone think it plausible that Mike might restore Hue to the position he held here in Cincinnati in 2014 and 2015 when the Bengals went 22-9-1?

Please don't misunderstand.  I do NOT want this to happen.  I'm just trying to get inside Mike Brown's decision-making process.

Man I hope not

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who is in Mike Browns ear right now who has the most impact with a direction the team is going to move in now that Marvin has left the building? Hue, Lazor, Mrs. and Mr. Blackburn or is it Mike's vision.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:47 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Who is in Mike Browns ear right now who has the most impact with a direction the team is going to move in now that Marvin has left the building? Hue, Lazor, Mrs. and Mr. Blackburn or is it Mike's vision.

I would hope it’s Katie. It’s going to be her team soon enough.

Reply/Quote
Get rid of the whole head coach in waiting option now.
Reply/Quote
Mikey knows his time is coming to an end so either he lets others make this decision or he wants to leave a legacy and make this call himself
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:47 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Who is in Mike Browns ear right now who has the most impact with a direction the team is going to move in now that Marvin has left the building? Hue, Lazor, Mrs. and Mr. Blackburn or is it Mike's vision.

I think it is now a committee approach with Mike Brown as tie-breaker.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doesn't know Hue isn't HC material. This is the same man that thought Zampese was coordinator material... Ya know, cause he'd been around awhile. Hell... He's considering Lazor as HC material. I like Simmons, but c'mon...

One of the reasons I gave Marvin a pass for so long was that I feared Mike's ability to adequately replace him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No, if I was an HC candidate, I wouldn't want to take a job that disallowed me from choosing my own coordinators and coaches. Would you?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why they brought Hue back here to begin with. Absolutely NO on having him as OC!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Surely it will be up to the next HC, would anyone come into the job if they were told that the must have certain people is their OC or DC?
Reply/Quote
I don't really have a problem with it. He's done well in every role he's had except Head Coach.

That said, I would prefer we go an entirely different direction with a young, hot coach like Bieniemy.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 06:17 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Surely it will be up to the next HC, would anyone come into the job if they were told that the must have certain people is their OC or DC?
In the past we had Oline coaches that was here 20 plus years and other coaches here a very long time as well. Not so many of these type of coaches are left on the team that has been here for a lot of years. So I think its more likely now to have a complete turn over of coaches a rebuilding of the coaching staff as a whole then it was in years past when so many coaches had 10 plus years in here coaching some 20 plus.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you think, Bengaldom?  Mike Brown knows Hue Jackson is not head coach material but as an offensive coordinator in Cincinnati, Oakland, and Atlanta, he has had some success.  Would anyone think it plausible that Mike might restore Hue to the position he held here in Cincinnati in 2014 and 2015 when the Bengals went 22-9-1?

Please don't misunderstand.  I do NOT want this to happen.  I'm just trying to get inside Mike Brown's decision-making process.

Hue Jackson has been very successful as an OC in the NFL, and I think that's where he belongs. He also likes to emphasize the run game, which would be good for the Bengals.
With that said, I don't like the idea of the owner/GM picking the coordinators. This should be a decision strictly from the new HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't really have a problem with it. He's done well in every role he's had except Head Coach.

That said, I would prefer we go an entirely different direction with a young, hot coach like Bieniemy.

Eric B is a booze-hound and he is fat.I do not want another guy like Marvin on the sidelines. Eric likes his booze and that will be a problem.And if he has an issue controlling his weight,he probably cannot control anything else.I want a guy that has been around the nfl coaching for awhile.I super like the Todd dude from the bucs.I think he knows football and has paid his dues.Just sayin. Hope he gets the job.He is being interviewed today. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:04 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Eric B is a booze-hound and he is fat.I do not want another guy like Marvin on the sidelines. Eric likes his booze and that will be a problem.And if he has an issue controlling his weight,he probably cannot control anything else.I want a guy that has been around the nfl coaching for awhile.I super like the Todd dude from the bucs.I think he knows football and has paid his dues.Just sayin. Hope he gets the job.He is being interviewed today. ThumbsUp :andy:

I have not done a whole lot of research into the candidates because I know, ultimately, the only one that matters is the one we ultimately sign. However, Bieniemy was one I've heard a lot because he is endorsed by KC's players, namely Mahomes.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/03/patrick-mahomes-endorses-bieniemy/

As long as we sign a competent coach I'll be happy. Currently, I don't consider any of the in house options to fit that description.
Reply/Quote