Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hue Jackson fired-back to Bengals?
(10-29-2018, 05:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Screw it.

Fire Austin and let hue take over the DC position. He really can't do any worse

Wasn't he a defensive assistant of some sort, on the '05 team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 05:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't he a defensive assistant of some sort, on the '05 team?

I thought it was WR's coach ?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 05:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I thought it was WR's coach ?

Maybe, I can't really remember.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Everytime Hue has been fired or unemployed before, Marvin has always provided a landing place.  Is there a scenario where we see him as a special assistant coach for the rest of the season?

Hue has never been fired mid season, never been fired and got paid for at least 2018.

My point is he just got a huge paid vacation, no reason for him to do anything in 2018 but rest and enjoy life.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Do NOT bring Hue Jackson back to Cincinnati now that he has Cleveland STANK all over him.
Reply/Quote
Some guys aren't made to be head coaches. Dick LeBeau comes to mind.
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with bringing Hue back as a position coach. He's damned good at it. Head Coach... No. But that's a lot of people....
Reply/Quote
OK, I get it. This post that Hue Jackson fired and available. Another post that Paul Alexander fired and available. Halloween right. Y'all are trying to scare us on Halloween.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do NOT bring Hue Jackson back to Cincinnati now that he has Cleveland STANK all over him.

[Image: ct-patriots-bill-belichick-browns-20180128]
[Image: 7fc3b24cdd8094fb6bd0bcb8ae76c8d7-original.jpg]

Smirk
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Some guys aren't made to be head coaches. Dick LeBeau comes to mind.

My thoughts exactly.  I'd prefer Lazor as OC, but in some other capacity I'd like to see Hue back. 
Reply/Quote
Bring Hue back as an assistant.

If you watched Hard Knocks, there was a scene where the former Eagles LB gave a scouting report on all the Eagle players before their preseason game. The Browns crushed them in that game.

We still have Cleveland twice this year and they are not gimme games anymore. They have beaten the Ravens and tied the Steelers. Us making the playoffs is contingent on winning both of the Cleveland games.

I would make an argument to do the same with Haley being a scout on the Steelers, but it sounds like him and Hue do not get along.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't suppose he can coordinate defense, can he?

Austin sure as hell can't... He got a job doing it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I can see Hue getting canned, but Haley didn't even make it halfway in his first year as OC.

Browns claim this was all about the development of Mayfield. Umm ok, we'll see lol.

Yep, doesn't make sense when they kept Zampese. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I can see Hue getting canned, but Haley didn't even make it halfway in his first year as OC.

Browns claim this was all about the development of Mayfield. Umm ok, we'll see lol.

Maybe Haley being such an asshole finally caught up to him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It is well known I do not like Hue as OC or HC. He is a great position coach and ok with bringing him here in that capacity.

The only thing that scares me about that is that he could catapult to HC quickly from there if Marvin is let go.

That is somewhat frightening to me, but am fine with position coach for life on Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote